Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: OoE pLot twist? *Possible Spoilers*  (Read 24059 times)

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
OoE pLot twist? *Possible Spoilers*
« on: May 30, 2008, 09:54:33 AM »
Looks like Albus is trying to save Shanoa from the old guy... (forgot his name)
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 09:58:22 AM »
Too early to tell.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 11:44:15 AM »
there's an earlier shot where she stands by the 3 pedestals with books and absorbs them, while dracula's coffin glows with red aura behind her.

i'd guess it's the intro, where albus steals the whole dominus glyph thing for whatever reason, most likely a maxim reason "i don't wanna be worse than you, so i'll try to steal your fame" which leads the girl to lose her memory and all.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: OoE pLot twist? *Possible Spoilers*
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 11:52:58 AM »
In Reply To #3
I doubt it, only because Dracula is alive and well before this game starts.  Remember the order was formed to combat him because in the absence of a Belmont, Dracula's minions are waring on mankind.

I think it will be more along the lines of the old guy being a villain working for Drac, Albus finding out and taking the dominus glyph to destroy Dracula.  I get the feeling that this Albus guy will turn out to be quite a hero, and I have a sneaking suspicion that he may even be the first Morris to wield the Vampire Killer.  Just a hunch based on his character design, his character design very intentionally western.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Steve

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:56:10 AM »
Uh, Albus is supposed to be a villain, at least at the beginning of the game.  It looks much more like the old man is fighting him off to protect Chanoix.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 12:00:18 PM »
In Reply To #4
I was thinking the same thing, too..

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 12:26:26 PM »
In Reply To #4

For a moment i thought the same, but it doesn't fit. I mean, why konami is unveiling something important from the main scenario when the game hasn't been released yet?
Ruler of Chaos

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 12:47:17 PM »
Most people won't even catch on, except fans like us  ;)

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 01:42:54 PM »
In Reply To #5
Albus appears to be a villain.  Considering this is the FIRST Castlevania where they came up with the story first, then built gameplay around it, I would hope that Iga is not gonna give us that stale of characters.  I think what I stated earlier would make for a much better story.

Maybe this "Dominus" is the vampire killer?  And Albus takes it cause he knows only he can use it? (This being if he is a Morris, just a hunch) And even if not, maybe he takes it so he can fight Dracula, knowing that the old man plans to sabotage Shanoa later.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Z.I.R.

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 01:51:40 PM »
Is it possible that Shanoa could be a vampire the church had custom made to fight Dracula, and that it's her coffin we see there?

Just throwing that out there. Haven't been following the info/speculation on OoE at all.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 02:54:34 PM »
Is it possible that Shanoa could be a vampire the church had custom made to fight Dracula, and that it's her coffin we see there?

Just throwing that out there. Haven't been following the info/speculation on OoE at all.

Very interesting hypothesis. Some people thinks she looks too pale to be human... Hmm.. And there isn't enough info to really speculate much, anyway; so don't worry about it.

I too think the old guy is PROTECTING Shanoa in that scene. And, yes, it's most likely the opening event to the game and where Shanoa loses her power/memory as a result of the fight. Then maybe the old guy gives Shanoa her first 3 glyphs.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Flyguy82

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 03:46:23 PM »
Maybe the Dominus is actually not a good thing? Maybe Albus learns this when he steals it and is confrontational about it? Who knows

Z.I.R.

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 04:30:32 PM »
In Reply To #11

Thanks. Like I said, it was just an idea that came to me. A custom made vampire as a weapon against Drac could be cool, but we already have Alcuard... I dunno if it'd be the best thing, then.

In Reply To #12

So long as the twist isn't that Albus and Shanoa were friends/lovers and he stole the Dominus because although it will indeed vanquish Dracula, using its power will also kill her in the process.

What with the Shanoa's memory loss, I can totally see the plot going in that cliched typical-JRPG direction.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 04:32:25 PM »
In Reply To #11
What with the Shanoa's memory loss, I can totally see the plot going in that cliched typical-JRPG direction.

'Cause it will

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Z.I.R.

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 04:37:39 PM »
In Reply To #14

Don't say that!

With so little information the story could still be something totally unique, ground breaking, and made of awesomeness. 

I don't want to believe IGA would do something so lame. :-X

Tags:

anything