Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: SuperCastlevania  (Read 13737 times)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« on: December 06, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »
Hey guys...so SCV3..has been on the shelf a tad..but i plan on getting back to it shortly now.. I stil have to tweak quite a bit from Eryson's bug report(and reworking some code and sprites).

But as of the moment i figured i'd show off some levels of Castlevania remake...SuperCastlevania,which Jop seems to be excited about as of late. Our ideas were more or less to capture the game similar to the original classic..not nearly as drastic and re-enventive as Chronciles..yet spiced up and keeping it similar to the classic style.Reiko has already made some keen observations that some sprites that are SCV4 maybe more classic style to SCV1 and 3..so i will more than likely use quite a few of them. I happened to replace some sprites of enemies in some instance(not done fully either). And would be considering some boss remakes(especially medusa adn her snakes)..but overall i think tehy could play similarly. The one expection is igor with Frank..which i would prefer he throws daggers at you not fireball(which makes littel sense). Franks moves may also consist of punching and kicking combination..

Many Bosses are still work in progress.. The closest to complete is Phantom Bat and Medusa..Drac isnt far off either..The others need some lovin'! But yeah..overall this is a side thing Reiko suggested to me a while back..and Jop seemed impressed as well. Their maybe some slight differnces from teh original..as i woudlnt mind trying a fireball 3rd upgrade which maybe nice. ALso not sure about keeping all his moves..i do like the slide..but some backflips could be taken out perhaps..Maybe not..depends i guess.. Notice some of the weaponry has changed..and some is actually custom done too.. The whips are rebirht whips..but some are slighty altered from the original..I may still rework them some..Also not going to mention much past that... because at some point..i'll be heading back to SCV3 also to rework some stuff their. I still really have to get in depth with coding..I am learngn somet hings..but it's coming at a rather slow rate..and mostly cause im' reworking some things..

So yeah..though SCV3 maybe a bit off..defintely needig code help their..or get good myself..so this project..maybe actually released before hand..All depends on what is needed for coding. Techincally the only thing that is absolutely needed is some sort of save/load file..but i still plan to go a bit deeper than that..Keep in mind just because you see something..doesnt mean that's all there is..secrets maybe waiting around any corner..lol.Feel free to provide any suggestions,features,comments..

SuperCastlevania Title Screen+Introduction+Castle Entrance
SuperCastlevania - Title Screen+Introduction+Castle Entrance

SCV  Brieft Update intro and whips:
SuperCastlevania -New updated intro+showing off whips

SCV Main halls:
SuperCastlevania - Main Hall

Crumbling Tower:
SuperCastlevania -Crumbling Seige Tower

SCV UNdeground Caverns:
SuperCastlevania- Underground Caverns

SCV Dungeon
SuperCastlevania_Castle Dungeon

Super Castlevania Clocktower/Keep+ ending credit roll:
SuperCastlevania-Castle Keep Clocktower+ showing code for ending original credits

Maps screens working!:
SuperCastlevania Map Screens working!!!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 07:24:23 AM »
The Clocktower is just Sexy. I loved  that cloud effects. Is better you continue using this Drac2 from SOTN, its fit very well, and the stomping attacks are interesting.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 08:44:57 AM »
Did you get permission from Zox to use his sprites?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 09:11:25 AM »
Could do with a lot of polish, but it looks like a pretty solid alpha to me.

Minor grievances: I don't know if it was the video recording or what, but the game looks REALLY slow. Can't comment more on that for precisely not knowing which it is. The scrolling clouds are also a bit too much. The sky clouds are fine, but the fog/mist/whatever's on the ground clashes and the whole effect suffers and becomes very distracting.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 11:37:39 AM »
Did you get permission from Zox to use his sprites?

That sprite was made by Las and Zox not only Zox.

Hey Las i have some ideas but I dont know if it will fit in the game and can help you in sprites if you want, I will send you a pm if you want.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 01:42:52 PM »
I think you'd need permission from both of them to use it, just to be safe--if Las lets you use it I think Zox would too. Still, better safe than sorry :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 07:13:23 PM »
+1
Why are all of these videos with such terrible frames-per-second?
It really messes up how cool this game could be looking?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 07:38:14 PM »
Without going overboard here.let's just say there is at least a handful of reasons ..why we choose to do a seperate project. And yes Jop is correctl those are sprites i had done(seperate from Zox version).. Originally Zox asked me over at deviant if i planned to make a SCV and 2..and i said..yeah..but when he asked what i was going to use..i showe him and animation of simon attacking(morphed from christoper) with recoil hand whip action. I also started a walk but never finished. This is teh same sprite animaton from teh Greatest five..which he then proceed to show me. So apparenelty we both started off with the same core concept. However we couldnt agree on a numaber of things,sprie colors..ideas..hud..this and that..and   needless to say..and it appears he wanted to go more metroidvania than what we were shooting for,which was a classic vania.

We decided a month ago, it was best to do a seperate project with Reiko, and Julian discussing ideas.. 

At this time..i'm sure their maybe some confusion..for the decisions..so i am even willing at this point..to do a gold/marron version of simon if it helps( i can credit him aswell for sharing in ideas/conceptual art..which is obviously konami's to begin with)..but prefer to keep christoper belmont base morph..as i previously had the idea underway.

Hopefully you understand for any confusing.. On severl attempts we tried to make this work..but in the end the differcence..were too much..

With that being the case..and talking more about the game..it's not too far from done..their were some secrets..which we wont mention..but overall..all that is techincally needed is boss code fixed..and save/load file..fro the game to be fully playable.. I've alrady recieved..some possible ideas by Eryson..i'll discuss with my team..So keep up the fan gaming guys and hope you enjoy the vids!

uh..yeah sorry about the vids..i have no idea..what happend while recording..some of them..just plain stopped..while others...sorta went fuzzy in areas.. Usually it doesnt happens..on rare occasion..it could be the upload because the videos themselve..on my pc..where fine..so it coudl be a youtube thing.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 07:52:37 PM »
sorry for double post..Oh i nearly forgot to mention..about many of the songs..which i noticed reiko just pointed out..I did have song from youtube on their..from several artist...most of them..pending as i've alrady asked all of them on youtube for permiission to use.. So far i haven gotten much response back..So im not sure if i shoudl use the rendtions and credit them..and take them out if their not cool...or hwat..but responses on youtube and otehr places..are hard to come by now adays..Sometimes i receive something 5 months later..and i'm like..what..who the heck is this..turns out it's someone responding.SO i suppsoe i'll keep and open eye out for my pm box on youtbe..and gather a credits list..in fairness..

yeah Keep in mind Reiko..just be sure to at least ask about using these renditions on youtube or the coverer's pm box.. I dont want any troubles. Also i'll have to shoot you+Jop the songs..see what you think..we cna pull up a playlist in a shortwhile..

Also reiko just pm me the songs..or skype them..it's a easier. youtube is glitch for me..i have no idea..why i can't hear music from it..sound doesnt work for me..their..

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 10:08:51 PM »
CT Keep looks sick.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 04:11:53 PM »
Hey Thanks Zangetsu! Yeah i'll have to eventuallyl fix some stuff too.

Yeah i have been talkign with Reiko lately about songs and stuff...Also Eryson has had a couple ideas that caught me eye. Thanks bud!  And yeah..if anyone is wanting to do some revamp sprites..just post em up or pm me..if you want..and i'll see what i can do..

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 08:16:57 AM »
As an suggestion, what u think in use that Plottwist's Grim reaper(with permission)? Its badass and can fit well in your game. (And will avoid using the same Sprites of the SCV3, as well.)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 12:22:29 PM by eryson »

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 08:53:06 AM »
Why are all of these videos with such terrible frames-per-second?
It really messes up how cool this game could be looking?

When Las give me a demo of the game and give me permission I will make a Video showing with normal FPS and with sound

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 03:59:23 PM »
@Eryson..yeah i already talked to him about teh use of it...it's been discussed with him but it was more or less going to be used for SCV2..assuming i can code the rest in. I havent released any information on that.. But it seems picking up engines as nice as it sounds..may not be my strong suit( i can't code well). Im either going to have to take a class soon(probalby java or gm if the local college will do it) or look at tutorials.. I think i need to start with a scratch engine..or i'll continue to hit rough patches..i cant get around..best i learn bottom up.

Also..yeah..Jop hit me up tonight..i'll send you a demo..and you can record with sound..

As for suggestions..feel free to keep them rolling..
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 04:02:17 PM by Las »

Offline VampireKillerX

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 01:23:02 PM »
Shure, you can use my sprites.. no need to ask.

wow you completed this so fast, amazing
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 03:35:35 PM by Zox »

Tags:

anything