Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Why hasn't this been done yet?  (Read 4802 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: January 19, 2015, 08:46:28 AM »
Why not a Castlevania: Melody of Bloody Tears: A CVDungeon production? The battle of 1999 with Julius and Alucard? When Dracattack is finally sealed? Or Castlevania: Orchestra of Legend: A CVDungeon production? A remake of CVLegends using Jeorge's Sonia sprites? Why hasn't the CVDungeon come together to make one big game? Are we all that lazy? You all keep whining about wanting a new Castlevania game, then why don't we make it ourselves?
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 09:43:51 AM »
Dude that argument has been done to death these forums...hate to burst your bubble but never gonna happen for numerous reasons.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 10:05:52 AM »
Dude that argument has been done to death these forums...hate to burst your bubble but never gonna happen for numerous reasons.

Whelp, this thread is now useless. Off to do something else...
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 01:01:13 PM »
Whelp, this thread is now useless. Off to do something else...

It would be nice dude, but everyone is doing their own thing, using different engines, different ideas...etc

Not to mention the ego's, people trying to sabotage other projects, flaky people etc.

I am just happy everyone has been kinda getting along with each other with all these new contests on the dungeon.

I would love to be able to get a team together that is passionate and more importantly serious about doing a number of projects, but man you can barely get people to keep little promises like sprite request etc.

I am sure you know what I am talking about

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 02:08:51 PM »
sprite requests etc.
I am sure you know what I am talking about

What?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 03:43:57 PM »
What?

I meant generally dude, don't be so literal..lol

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 11:36:02 AM »
It's very true. Pretty much everyone here has their own projects and stuff. The fact of the matter is unless we all meet up in real life rather then on the forum, trying to get everyone here to make one game may never come to fruition. Having everyone meet off the forums will give us all a chance to see what each and everyone of us is really about. Then who knows, we could work it from there. However I have doubts that's ever going to happen. At least anytime soon of course. Having the whole group come together and produce a one-of-a-kind fan project would be awesome. But as darkmanx_429 had put it, there's the issue with peoples' egos and possible sabotage. such issues need to be jettisoned out the airlock if the community is going to even begin to have a crack at what you're proposing.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 12:11:01 PM »
For my part, after my Firebrand engine is done, I'm planning to use it as a base for a general purpose CV engine so that it can easily be used to make a full game with the bulk of the groundwork out of the way.
"Stuff and things."

Tags: you are all lazy shits