Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: melonDS 0.8.2 released  (Read 3662 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: June 26, 2019, 03:50:52 PM »
Now plays Castlevania titles with enhancements just fine (aside from some minor audio cracking on PoR), the 3D and scaling elements look REALLY nice at 2x.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 09:17:19 PM »
Does this emulator auto-adjust for specific games? I know that you had to do this manually with the Dualscreens emulator. It's a bit of a pain to readjust every time you want to play a different title.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 03:08:13 AM »
Does this emulator auto-adjust for specific games? I know that you had to do this manually with the Dualscreens emulator. It's a bit of a pain to readjust every time you want to play a different title.
There is an option for auto-adjust, but as for screen management it is a little barebones, but is workable.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 09:25:13 AM »
Well it's not for the screen per se. There's something about Dualscreens that when loading a rom you have to set the emulator up in one of the options or the game won't play. I can't remember what that is unfortunately, but all I know is that it has nothing to do with the screen ratio. It could be ram or something else, it's been a long time  :P
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 01:20:17 PM »
Well it's not for the screen per se. There's something about Dualscreens that when loading a rom you have to set the emulator up in one of the options or the game won't play. I can't remember what that is unfortunately, but all I know is that it has nothing to do with the screen ratio. It could be ram or something else, it's been a long time  :P
I'm going to go on a limb and guess that was Save format? I remember PoR not wanting to work unless it was a specific format.
MelonDS doesn't have this issue, once you setup the bios and firmware it's pretty much plug'n'play. I felt I should post it's release simply because No$GBA is fast but inaccurate and Desmume is accurate but slow.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 05:32:11 PM »
I'm going to go on a limb and guess that was Save format?

That could very well be it. And it was always a hassle to set it every time I wanted to play a game. The bigger hassle was knowing what to set it to.

MelonDS doesn't have this issue, once you setup the bios and firmware it's pretty much plug'n'play.

Sweet!

Tags:

anything