Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: HO HO HO super castlevania 4 or symphony of the night  (Read 12310 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: HO HO HO super castlevania 4 or symphony of the night
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 06:58:20 AM »
Tiger Eletronics's Castlevania 2
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ofthenight

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 02:09:48 AM »
4 was probably a better game idk, but playing a alucard and his abilities pushed SOTN over the edge

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 03:26:50 AM »
i appreciate the two games but for obvious reason Super Castlevania IV wins this match to me.if you compare the graphic´s of the game, the soundtrack and the gameplay it was perfect for a platform like the SNES in my opinion the take of IGA on the series was a good idea but remove the older programmers was a fatal mistake. not saying that SoTN is a bad game but it could at least be better  ...

Offline Lilfut

• Ace Attorney
  • Objection!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 05:34:01 AM »
Symphony is much better designed, but SCV4 is a lot more fun. The analyst in me has to go with Symphony.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 09:34:53 AM »
SCIV. Level design, music are some of the things that draws you in. That game was before its time, side-scrolling adventure and it had enough difficulty to make you think things over. I loved SotN. Then i discovered crissaegrim and it completely ruined then experience the first go around i had. I would rather rely on a different sub-weapon versus chopping everything in sight. I understand the whole son of Drac, badass vamp aura that Alucard leaves but just knowing you have this guy that walks into Castlevania with a leather whip and thigh high boots lets you know that you are in for a wild ride!!
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 12:01:41 AM »
I rank Castlevania 3 well ahead of both of these, and Bloodlines ahead of SotN. SCVIV is also well ahead of SotN as well as Rondo.

But CV 3 stands tall to me, in it's day it was a game with just the right difficulty and a ton of replay value. I've played SotN so much in the past honestly that I'm now bored of it and retired my PS1 copy to just part of my collection. The version on DXC I ran through as fast as possible, I mainly bought that to own my first legit copy of Rondo at that time (later got it on VC as well for good measure).

SCVIV didn't take me long to 1 life through first and second quests, something I can't even do in CV 3 (much more difficult), or Bloodlines, but nearly pulled off in CV1 (a 2 life clear).

Tags: