Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Nathan Graves Vs. Soma Cruz  (Read 14534 times)

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« on: January 02, 2013, 05:51:14 AM »
Now if we were to see them face-off, who do you think would win? And not Dual-wielding HoD Soma but Aria/Dawn Soma.
Nathan unfortunately was only in one game but he definitely can keep use of DSS.
Both have a huge arsenal, Soma having the edge due to his soul absorption, but either way Nathan can be invincible :-X
Let the war BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:07:50 AM »
Soma will use the kamehameha wave and totally destroy Nathaniel!!!
your argument is invalid

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 06:34:46 AM »
+1
if by kamehameha u mean Gergoth's laser then no, it wont work.
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 10:50:33 AM »
Hmmm. Tough call. And since both are on the side of good then it's even harder to choose. However I am more a kin to a Belmont-like fighter then Soma Cruz so I would pick Nathan.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 12:25:34 PM »
My favorite DSS was Mars-Unicorn, a holy sword with great range and high damage rate.
That attack could kick Soma's stupid arse.

Also, Pluto-Black dog!
If you don't know it, you probably haven't played enough Circle.  ;)
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 03:05:50 PM »
I don't really entertain discussions of "who's more powerful in a fight" anymore, but I like Soma Cruz considerably more than Nathan Graves, who I don't even especially like.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 04:20:28 PM »
hmm, depends how far they have come, early on Nathan hands down, with his ability to abuse DDS to get the entire deck with just two cards.
Late game though, Soma would have plenty at his disposal including a would-be dracula form which is a bitch to fight even with a 3 person team

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 07:28:46 PM »
if by kamehameha u mean Gergoth's laser then no, it wont work.

Why wouldn't Gergoth's laser work?

Overall, I think Soma would utterly destroy Nathan, what with Soma's powers. But Nathan took up the destiny of the Belmonts... and we all know what that is.

Interestingly, I was making a video about Nathan and Soma fighting each other before. I never finished it, though.

Also, Pluto-Black dog!
If you don't know it, you probably haven't played enough Circle.  ;)

My memory may deceive me, since I haven't played Circle in so long, but...

Would that be him imitating Ocelot like a boss? Or was that Mars + Black Dog? Damn. I need to play that game again!

EDIT: Wait! Big Bone of 9999 Damage!
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 05:25:49 AM »

Overall, I think Soma would utterly destroy Nathan, what with Soma's powers. But Nathan took up the destiny of the Belmonts... and we all know what that is.

Interestingly, I was making a video about Nathan and Soma fighting each other before. I never finished it, though.

all it takes is a slide kick under it and then a wall jump with a few tossed boomerangs.... DEAD  :P but i really think that u should revive ur fight between the two, i would love to see that one
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 06:44:30 PM »
all it takes is a slide kick under it and then a wall jump with a few tossed boomerangs.... DEAD  :P but i really think that u should revive ur fight between the two, i would love to see that one

That's assuming Soma doesn't do anything in the meantime.

And I would, but I suck at animating right now. X(
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 08:40:23 AM »
I think that, let's say Soma was the Dark Lord, both will fight and fight with all they have DSS vs Monster Souls but the the end Soma will get tired and he will cast "Stop time" and end the fight by drinking some vampire hunter's blood :D :D :D
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 08:45:12 AM »
Somacula would win. Schoolboy soul absorber Soma would lose.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 09:22:18 AM »
Nathan Graves.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 09:28:56 AM »
I think that, let's say Soma was the Dark Lord, both will fight and fight with all they have DSS vs Monster Souls but the the end Soma will get tired and he will cast "Stop time" and end the fight by drinking some vampire hunter's blood :D :D :D

Soma never did that to Julius so I highly doubt he'd do it to Nathan.

I could be wrong but I think there is a DSS spell that makes Nathan completely invincible to enemy attacks, no matter what they are.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 10:20:02 AM »
Somacula would win. Schoolboy soul absorber Soma would lose.

I beg to differ, Somacula would become fat and lazy, just like Dracula. All he would do would be teleporting and shooting balls all the time.
Nathan would whoop whip his ass.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags:

anything