Poll

Excluding games mentioned below, which is your less favourite Castlevania game and why?

Castlevania (NES)
0 (0%)
Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest (NES)
0 (0%)
Haunted Castle (Arcade)
3 (14.3%)
The Castlevania Adventure (Game Boy)
5 (23.8%)
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse (NES)
0 (0%)
Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
2 (9.5%)
Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge (Game Boy)
0 (0%)
Rondo of Blood (PCE)
0 (0%)
Symphony of the Night (Playstation)
0 (0%)
Castlevania: Legends (Game Boy)
3 (14.3%)
Castlevania Chronicles X68000 (Playstation)
0 (0%)
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
0 (0%)
Circle of the Moon (Game Boy Advance)
1 (4.8%)
Harmony of Dissonance  (Game Boy Advance)
1 (4.8%)
Aria of Sorrow (Game Boy Advance)
1 (4.8%)
Lament of Innocence (PS2)
1 (4.8%)
Curse of Darkness (PS2)
4 (19%)
Dawn of Sorrow (Nintendo DS)
0 (0%)
Portrait of Ruin (Nintendo DS)
0 (0%)
Order of Ecclesia (Nintendo DS)
0 (0%)
Dracula X Chronicles (PSP)
0 (0%)
Castlevania: The Adventure Rebirth (WiiWare)
0 (0%)
Dracula X (SNES)
0 (0%)
Bloodlines (Genesis/Mega Drive)
0 (0%)
Castlevania (N64)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Least favourite Castlevania game  (Read 15202 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« on: June 30, 2013, 02:44:21 AM »
I don't know if this classifies as a classic Castlevania thread, but I post it here anyway.
Not counting the LoS trilogy, the pachislots, puzzle game, Order of Shadows and other cell phone games, Judgment, fan games, parody games, clones and Harmony of Despair (in order to avoid arguing, and especially to make people vote for games they otherwise wouldn't have chosen), I decided to make a poll but excluding the games I numbered.
Please explain why when voting, and keep in mind this is only to have fun.
Please also note that the title says "Less favourite", because that's how I feel... I like every Castlevania game. But I have to choose one, so...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 04:16:46 PM by Pfil »
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 02:46:56 AM »
I had to go with Haunted Castle, because though I really LOVE its music and look, and though it is my favourite arcade game, the truth is that, from this list of traditional CV titles it's the one I enjoy the less (that doesn't mean I don't enjoy them, but I had to give my difficult vote to some game... to be honest, I love them all).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 03:21:56 AM »
Jorge, I forgot Bloodlines and Dracula X for the SNES, please add them if you can... I can't find out how to do it :(

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »
+1
I went with The Castlevania Adventure on the GB for basically the same reasons you listed for Haunted Castle Pfil, I find it almost unplayable. Granted Haunted Castle is much worse but I haven't played Haunted Castle as much lol. Also in English the term you're looking for is "Least Favourite" ("Favorite" in American English, but "Favourite" in British English) since least is the most less. Just wanted to tell you since your English is mostly perfect and learning a language takes a long time/can only be done with corrections when they're needed :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:59:38 AM by Ratty »

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 04:15:33 PM »
Thanks Ratty, I will correct the title of the thread.
I'm glad my english is good to native english speakers. I learned british english, that's why I use "favourite", "theatre"or "colours", for example.
Haunted Castle is very good but it's the hardest CV game by far.
I love them all, but I had to choose one. I understand your vote on CV Adventure.

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 05:03:55 PM »
+1
I'm with Ratty on this one (and your English skills-phenomenal job, Pfil). CV Adventure is definitely the red headed stepchild of the aforementioned group. At least Haunted Castle had decent music. I still have love for all of 'em though-looking at my copy of CV Adventure on my classic/collectible game shelf right now. :3
Groove is in the heart.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 10:39:41 AM »
With those games currently in the list it's difficult to choose which one I think is the worst. But if I have to choose then it's CoD. While it is of the same nature as LoI, CoD just makes things worse over-all. The bad things about it? Hector fighting Dracula obviously, the slow dungeon-crawling aspect, the lack of level interaction, repetitive use of graphics, having to wait for a specific opening before you can successfully steal items from enemies (this made the game feel much longer then it should have), and I rather have the enemies just drop the resources rather then steal from them. I'd also rather find some of the weapons and armor as well. The stages themselves were too long and empty, and there was virtually no platforming with which to spice things up a bit. Issac's character design I felt was off, severely off. The twin towers of eternity and evermore were utterly useless unless your one of those people who loves to kill time in multi-floored battle arenas. Dracula's first castle should have resembled it's CV 3 counterpart after the collaps rather then looking like it was still intact, and Dracula's new castle should have been better designed as it looked more like a cathedral then a castle. It was also very tedious to traverse through as well. Trevor getting wounded that easily? No. Then he just drops of the face of the game?! I don't think so. And the St. Germain element? Useless as well. Unless the game was half-dependent on the time travel aspect then it should not have been done. The repeating of enemies just with different colorations was also a lazy move.

The only things that save CoD in my mind is the music and crafting weapons and armor. The menu screen is also better then LoI because I can now select and equip items and stuff without worrying about something coming along and killing me. The camera is also better then it was in LoI because I now have control of where I want to look without feeling like I'm partially blind as to what to expect down the corridor. The characters and voice acting is a lot better then in LoI as everything worked more smoothly, and the character designs themselves were better too (in some cases *COUGHIssacCOUGH*). I'm 50/50 with the innocent devils. They are interesting but at the same time they can be tedious to level up in order to get the one you might need for a specific task.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 11:10:46 PM »
Thanks Laina!  :)

Innocent devils were one of the things I liked the most in CoD. Getting all of them was SUPER fun and immersive!
Especially the fairies ♥

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 10:50:42 PM »
I'd have to say Legends. It was the one CV game I had no desire to replay after the first time. I beat it basically just to say that I did and have never looked at it again.

Curse Of Darkness is probably next after that. I really WANT to like that game, but it gets so dull...I've beaten in once and started several other game but never finished them. :(

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 12:13:15 AM »
I'll have to go also with legends, no matter what, i just can't pick it up and play it.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 12:57:37 PM »
But Legends have only 1 vote so far  :P

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 01:51:30 PM »
But Legends have only 1 vote so far  :P

That's mine!! :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 03:20:25 PM »
So DoctaMaria voted for CoD, I guess.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 04:32:41 PM »
Dunno, I found Legends pretty fun myself. It's not the greatest ClassicVania but it's solid, and a thousand times better than Adventure in terms of gameplay. Also really liked the story. (What little of it we got to see.) To each their own.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 02:39:19 AM »
Yes I loved the fact that Sonia marries Alucard and so the Belmonts share their lineage with Dracula. That's so fanfiction-ish!
Too bad Koji took it out of the canon...

Tags:

anything