Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania games that you disliked at first and still dislike  (Read 19460 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Re: Castlevania games that you disliked at first and still dislike
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2013, 01:14:15 PM »
Now if he doesn't tell us, everyone will think the worst...
He's got no chance now, he's got to tell us.
I'm joking Guy! Don't take it bad!  :)
But you can tell us if you want.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2013, 01:52:50 PM »
+2
You guys are pretty good. It is SC4. I beat it once and that was me forcing myself to finish it. I've tried replaying it several times but find myself getting bored very fast. After seeing how much it's loved here I said I'll keep this thought to myself ;D. I would put LoS but I've never actually played it

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2013, 02:01:21 PM »
I think it's pretty unique and I really enjoyed it, but it's not one of my top 10 CV games either.
I mean: it's great, but there's plenty of CV games I like more than SCV4.
I just love them all!
But thanks for telling us!  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2013, 02:11:22 PM »
+1
GRAAAGH WE HATE YOU FOREVER

Go sit in the corner and don't come out until you conform.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2013, 02:23:54 PM »
I never thought that CV4 was that good too. You shouldn't be afraid of telling your oppinion because most of the community likes a game or another.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2013, 02:41:09 PM »
+1
Certainly hasn't stopped people from voicing it.
As long as people aren't acting like asses about it, opinions are welcome.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2013, 02:59:25 PM »
You guys are pretty good. It is SC4. I beat it once and that was me forcing myself to finish it. I've tried replaying it several times but find myself getting bored very fast. After seeing how much it's loved here I said I'll keep this thought to myself ;D. I would put LoS but I've never actually played it

Dang here I was thinking SOTN I'm 50/50 on that "My mind is telling  me no but my body... my body is telling me YES..."

I can't give an answer here because I have never disliked a cv from the start  :P

oh wait corrected. It just popped in my mind cv 64 wow... such a mess vanilla  64 is.

now I want ala-mode
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2013, 03:15:56 PM »
Well, I prefer Dracula X over Super Castlevania IV (since Im being dead serious and its not a joke, please put white flowers in my coffin, so they can be red when you guys stop bashing me) xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2013, 04:57:56 PM »
+1
I prefer it too. Even though CV4 is superior in almost every sense.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2013, 05:23:06 PM »
Bloodlines is inferior to SCV4 in every aspect except the music, but I like Bloodlines way, way more than SCV4.
Objectivity has nothing to do with personal tastes, and I always give more importance to what I personally like, and I really don't care about objectivity.
Gaming is a hobby, so enjoying it is everything that matters. That's why everyone should always put personal preferences first and really not pay much attention to the general opinion (or the critics, even less).

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2013, 07:40:00 PM »
Curse of Darkness. Fucking horrid level design and dumb enemy AI get in the way of a game that otherwise has some addictive systems under the hood. I would love to see the weapon and demon forging in a new game that is not this one.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:41:44 PM by Munchy »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2013, 09:41:29 PM »
SCV4 is a game I like, but I never thought of it as highly as others do. To me, it's somewhat mediocre. Of course, I first played it a LONG time after it's release, so I don't have that early-90s nostalgia a kid would've had playing it for the first time and being amazed at the graphics and various gameplay mechanics(which I admit, would've been interesting to experience back in the day). I do like the bosses(the Zapf Bat, Puweyxil, and especially the whole Dancing Spectres battle with spinning background). I still think RoB's Bloody Tears rips all over SCV4's version. ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:46:56 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2013, 07:41:37 AM »
Never been a fan of Christopher or his game. Maybe rebirth is what it should have been but I haven't tried that one either. Something about that guys movement I never liked. The music was ok but that's the only compliment I'm prepared to give CVA. 
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2013, 07:53:38 PM »
Bloodlines is inferior to SCV4 in every aspect except the music, but I like Bloodlines way, way more than SCV4.
Objectivity has nothing to do with personal tastes, and I always give more importance to what I personally like, and I really don't care about objectivity.
Gaming is a hobby, so enjoying it is everything that matters. That's why everyone should always put personal preferences first and really not pay much attention to the general opinion (or the critics, even less).

I wonder if I'm the only one that prefers bloodlines soundtract over symphony since yamane did both really a first hit wonder  :)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2013, 02:35:12 PM »
I wonder if I'm the only one that prefers bloodlines soundtract over symphony since yamane did both really a first hit wonder  :)
Bloodlines is one of my favourites soundtracks ever. However, SotN, while not at the same level perhaps, it includes so many themes that there are more favourites in that one than in Bloodlines, where the tracks are few but there are almost all of them amongst my favourites.
My favourite soundtrack remains Portrait of Ruin, however. Not only CV, but all videogames soundtracks I know.
Curse of Darkness is the 2nd favourite.
Bloodlines is easily the best of older CV titles.

Tags:

anything