Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: ANATHEMA - Classicvania Coming to Steam  (Read 108609 times)

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: ANATHEMA - Classicvania Coming to Steam
« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2017, 09:17:58 AM »
Good Demo! Very good  8)  I wasn't expecting three stages though, just one which is the norm for most other demos. The game was tough but not unreasonably so. I was able to complete it without much trouble. I did have some trouble in stage three as I was at first unable to tell where to go after all the water platforms stopped drifting. After dying I deduced the vines were the way to go. For others this little thing might be an issue. The story had started to get interesting, unfortunately the game ended  >:(  LOL! Please continue and finish the product. It would be a treat to play the completed version.

Glad you like it.  I've been thinking on a way to make it more clear for the player to jump on the vines.  The most obvious way is to add an enemy attached to the vine, which I haven't ruled out yet.  It's got a ways to go, but we are most assuredly going to finish it.  Even if it's the death of me.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2017, 02:09:02 PM »
The vines themselves could stand out a little more if they had some small animations to them. But I'm sure there are many tricks to getting these things to work out  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2017, 01:04:15 AM »
Thank you so much for the demo I will try it out soon, game looks amazing;)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:40:31 AM by Castle34hk »

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #213 on: July 17, 2017, 04:42:44 PM »
Cold be a good idea if this game have a "stage clear bonus" ??
For example, the player will get a bonus score what is a sum of:
-the souls collected
-remaining time (a invisible time counter that will not kill you, but decreases , the quicker the gameplay, the bigger will be the bonus, encouraging the speedrun) Like the Koumajou Densetsu series.

I do not know if it could be a good idea, but who knows?  ;)

Also, great demo, very challenging and fun.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #214 on: July 18, 2017, 01:32:12 AM »
That looks great! Looking forward to seeing more! :)

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: July 18, 2017, 10:33:54 AM »
Well I enjoyed a lot, I have one complain, I know my computer will not work with all the video configuration on, actualy it work slow so i turn off but when I open the game again the options are not saved so I need to go again and change that, its not a problem but it will be nice if you can save the configuration of that :)

if someone is interested to see the other areas:

(click to show/hide)

Offline TheFallenAlchemist

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2017, 02:53:59 AM »
Hopefully, I'm not stating the obvious here, but the full version of this game will also be available on itch in addition to steam, correct? I don't support steam nor their DRM policy, so I try to stick with GOG, Itch Playism and Humble (DRM-Free) exclusively.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2017, 05:01:42 PM »
The vines themselves could stand out a little more if they had some small animations to them. But I'm sure there are many tricks to getting these things to work out  :)

I'd like to try to animate the leaves at least, or add an enemy attached to them.  Unfortunately, due to the limitations of Daz, the former may not be possible.  This is something I've wanted to do for a while now though, to make them pop better.

Thank you so much for the demo I will try it out soon, game looks amazing;)

Hope you enjoy it!

Cold be a good idea if this game have a "stage clear bonus" ??
For example, the player will get a bonus score what is a sum of:
-the souls collected
-remaining time (a invisible time counter that will not kill you, but decreases , the quicker the gameplay, the bigger will be the bonus, encouraging the speedrun) Like the Koumajou Densetsu series.

I do not know if it could be a good idea, but who knows?  ;)

Also, great demo, very challenging and fun.

A stage clear bonus might be something we do in the final game - it certainly makes sense to do that.  We've had some requests for a speedrun mode so a timer bonus may be a good idea if we implement that.

That looks great! Looking forward to seeing more! :)

Thank you!  We're looking forward to showing more! :)

Well I enjoyed a lot, I have one complain, I know my computer will not work with all the video configuration on, actualy it work slow so i turn off but when I open the game again the options are not saved so I need to go again and change that, its not a problem but it will be nice if you can save the configuration of that :)

if someone is interested to see the other areas:

(click to show/hide)

I will see if I can get that implemented.  I've been focused on adding a few features, tweaking balancing and fixing bugs.  It will definitely be in the final game for sure.

Hopefully, I'm not stating the obvious here, but the full version of this game will also be available on itch in addition to steam, correct? I don't support steam nor their DRM policy, so I try to stick with GOG, Itch Playism and Humble (DRM-Free) exclusively.

Absolutely.  Right now, it's coming to Steam, Itch.io, GreenManGaming and Humble Bundle.  We're in talks with GoG but the game is rather early so they want to see it closer to the final version before deciding if it will be for sale there also.  I've honestly never heard of Playism until you mentioned it, so I will look into it there.  We want it available in as many places as possible since everyone has their preferred platforms.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: August 18, 2017, 07:37:41 PM »
Hello Everyone!

Apologies for the delay in the patch. We had hoped to release it last week, but there were unforeseen delays with our group of external testers so we did as much internal testing as possible. Unfortunately, there are only so many bugs that we could squash in this patch and really wanted to get more external testing in. So please note that this patch has only been moderately tested and you may run into some bugs.

Please do not hesitate to forward any information on bugs you find as it will help us ensure a higher quality experience. Being that we're just a few guys and rely on the goodwill of outside testers when they can test, it's tough to catch everything. But please know that we do want to whip this into top shape, we just don't have many avenues to get the feedback needed before releasing to you publicly but this may be the best avenue. Below is a list of everything changed/updated/added in this patch. Thank you all so much for playing! Hopefully this will expand play for many more users that had issues with the prior version.

STEAM: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375390/Anathema/
INDIEDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/anathema/downloads/anathema-demo
ITCH.IO: https://esperware.itch.io/anathema
DIRECT DOWNLOAD: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoJhIhK7UI-mg5sXn0rREgXjIwKPVQ

DEMO VERSION 1.1 CHANGELOG

* Added launcher so players will be aware of what options can be adjusted.  Players seemingly overlooked these options in the pause menu.
* Added DirectInput Controller support.
* Added support to use the left analog stick on controllers for movement.
* Added keybinding for Xinput and DirectInput controllers.  (Keyboard keybinding already existent.)
* Refined "Controls" sub-menu.
* Improved video file compatibility so that cutscenes should play on all machines now.
* Darkened "Continue" on Title Screen to reduce confusion as this function isn't used in the demo.
* Fixed a bug where the crow placement in the Title Screen was not proper.
* Fixed a bug in the Options Menu where the sound volume could be set below 0.
* Fixed a bug where zombies didn't provide souls if killed using the crossbow.
* Removed controller rumble as it would cause certain controller types (such as the wired Xbox 360 controller) to become unresponsive and you must disconnect/reconnect the controller to regain input.
* Added controller refresh.  If controller becomes unresponsive, unplug, replug and press F5, wait 1-3 seconds and functionality should return.  NOTE: This is implemented in response to a rare issue we've heard about where a controller randomly stops responding that isn't related to the rumble bug listed above.  We've been unable to reproduce this to discern if it is a software issue or a hardware conflict on the user end.
* Discovered a conflict if you have multiple instances of controllers installed.  Open "Device Manager" and select View > Show Hidden Devices.  If you have multiple instances of the same controller, uninstall all of them and reconnect your controller to install the drivers.  You should then not have any further issues due to multiple driver installations.
* Deathbringers now operate on a recharge system, rather than using souls.  They will recharge automatically over time, although only the Bone Dragon is available in the demo.
* Changed the effects for the deathbringer power-up animation.  The prior effects were hitting the frame-rate hard.
* Revised Options menu UI text to make it cleaner and more legible.
* Revised boss name text to make cleaner and more legible.
* Added additional checkpoints before bosses.
* Added a soul font to power up players should they respawn at the boss.
* Buffed your main attack against the wood witch boss.
* Improved load time between opening cutscene and stage 1.
* Statue removed at the beginning of stage 1.  Players were confused by its purpose.
* Increased hitbox size on whip swing latches to make it easier for players to connect a hit.
* The game can now be exited using Alt+F4.
* Pause can now be activated via the "Escape" key.
* Added physics to the crates in the Stage 1 Lookout Tower...why not?  They also give souls.  Look for the secret.
* Reduced frequency of in-game vocal effects.
* Reduced volume of sound effect when player lands on the ground from higher falls.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:42:40 PM by piscesdreams »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2017, 10:03:06 AM »
That's quite the list  ???
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: August 21, 2017, 10:41:24 AM »
That's quite the list  ???

All for the better, we hope.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: March 15, 2018, 04:27:39 AM »
Hello all.

I've been away for no other good reason than I've been a recluse, but here are two updates on the game. Hope you enjoy! :)

February 2018 Update
http://steamcommunity.com/games/375390/announcements/detail/1662261101843342914

March 2018 Update
http://steamcommunity.com/games/375390/announcements/detail/1660013106948538721

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #222 on: March 15, 2018, 03:41:12 PM »
Nice hope we will get this game soon;) God work;)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2018, 05:30:41 PM »
Can we play this yet? Jaysus I've been looking forward to this!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2018, 06:55:51 PM »
+1
Can we play this yet? Jaysus I've been looking forward to this!

The demo is available on Steam, IndieDB and Itch.io, but we're still churning away at the core game.  We had an extended period of indecisiveness in all that we wanted to do but we're wrapping up the planning and can finish the rest of the game soon. :)

anything