Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow DLC Detailed  (Read 50056 times)

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow DLC Detailed
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 06:57:54 PM »
If Slogra and Gaibon aren't present I will kill.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 05:53:18 AM »
Maybe they are part of the new enemies we'll see in the DLC... I would like to see those 2 too... Slogra is on the CV: LOS ending, but dead, froze or something... There were Slogra designs for LOS, probably unfinished for the game http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2/slogra.jpg , but maybe complete now, who knows, i really hope so...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:58:53 AM by Asgardwolf »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 09:14:23 AM »
Maybe they are part of the new enemies we'll see in the DLC... I would like to see those 2 too... Slogra is on the CV: LOS ending, but dead, froze or something... There were Slogra designs for LOS, probably unfinished for the game http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2/slogra.jpg , but maybe complete now, who knows, i really hope so...
Those designs aren't unfinished enemy models, they are the designs for the statues seen in the end.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 04:45:13 PM »
Those designs aren't unfinished enemy models, they are the designs for the statues seen in the end.
Who knows... They have the 3D model, that's half of  the work, it just need to be animated... Who knows if they are or were planed to be in the game and removed for any technical reason or lack of time... This could be the moment to bring them back...

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 04:38:56 AM »
If Slogra and Gaibon aren't present I will kill.
This.

C'mon, Konami, "notorious enemy", it can be this duo.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 08:15:42 AM »
Well since my post in the LOS megathread got snubbed(like I said it would) I'll just copy/paste what I posted here:

Lets at least "try" to summarize  what we know about the upcoming DLC:

Gabriel's going back to the castle

Laura returns and is playable at certain sections

Something evil is on the loose, so evil even Carmilla was scared of it

There is a time machine in the castle, question is, will it serve as a gameplay mechanic that will only affect the castle? Or is it a deus ex machina that Gabriel will use to save everyone? (Most likely it's the former rather than the latter that everyone is leaning on)

Will we see new ememies? or will we just have the castle full of the same enemy roster from the full game?

Will we hear new music or the same OST from the full game?

And now for the million dollar question everyone wants to know:

How much is this gonna cost and why has Konami been so damn silent about it?

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 02:47:54 PM »
nothing bad can happen from returning to the Castle in Reverie.  it'll help reaffirm the "Castle" part of its title.  i was speculating about this on the CV Wiki and had thought maybe the boss would be the "Forgotten One", since this was once the Bernhard's castle and the game does make plenty of nods to Lament of Innocence and they could turn it into a Titan-like fight.  but then Chernabogue mentioned that could be The Creature, since Dr. Frankenstein is mentioned several times in the game.  that'd be fitting and perhaps likely as there appear to be more screenshots of the clock tower.  both The Creature and the Forgotten One were created by humans though, so perhaps the boss in this game could fulfill both roles?  of course, this is all speculation, we have no idea what the evil force that Carmilla was holding back was.

i didn't know about the time machine, interesting.  i have to wonder about how many "locations" each DLC will contain.  

wouldn't it be cool if they added a mode where you could play as Laura throughout the entire game?  i'm looking forward to see how she plays, but it'll be a waste if its only possible to play as her in very limited places in Reverie.  when i heard she was playable, i thought "of course", since her avatar is available in Playstation Home, alongside Gabriel's.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:00:56 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 03:11:05 PM »
Reinhartd, sir, you deserve to tweet your idea to Cox, I would LOVE to have a second playable character a la old-scholl , Laura the new Maria I like how it sounds :P

Everything comes full circle

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 03:23:41 PM »
That'd be hilarious. Because it won't be as bad as PoR Sisters Mode.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 08:38:42 PM »
well, i'm sure its nothing they haven't already thought of.  i'm just hoping they didn't think of it and said "nah".  i guess if they don't add the mode when you buy Reverie, i guess i would probably pay more money to buy a full Laura-Mode.  just as long as its available "somehow" at some point.  heck, they might as well throw in a Zobek mode.  i'd pay for that too.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
I do like the idea of a Zobek mode as something like the "Separate Ways" thing in RE4, where you play through the game on his side of things.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 09:58:26 PM »
I seriously wish there was a Zobek mode. I mean come on, thatd be awesome.

lol, Titan fight Forgotten one? That would be the GORIEST thing EVER. imagine scaling his bloody ribs or shit like that. Interesting idea though.

Im rooting for some form of Legion though, Since I seriously doubt anything made By Frankenstien would be so powerful that it required Carmilla to seal it away... Although he DID seem to inhabit the castle at some point, and made some serious shit happen for even the dark half of Carmilla to want to punish him.

Yknow, what we should really be thinking of is how Laura will play. Any ideas? Besides her Force Lightning.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline DraculaFan1981

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 01:17:01 AM »
Well With Rinaldo,Brauner and Olrox  wouldn't be surprised if the Enemy was Walter..I mean Bernhard family castle right?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 03:20:39 AM »
Walter? That would have to be a seriously supped up Walter to scare Carmilla.
I'm putting my money on either Satan again (cop out) or Slogra (lazy).
I don't dare hope for an actual classic enemy to show up.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 04:55:09 AM »
Walter? Why not.

And what about Mathias then?

Tags:

anything