Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274402 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2012, 06:57:00 AM »
Seriously, why every project like this always gets to be deleted due to hdd damage? I can't even count...
Hahaha, because if its like my case we jump from computer to computer different places and us nerds tend to take our HDD's with us everywhere just so we can keep working on the game lol.  Seriously tho, it really does suck big time but like i said, first time shame on me right?  Im backing up every single stage i get completed from here on out!
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2012, 07:03:58 AM »
Invest in a cloud server.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2012, 07:34:16 AM »
2 words for you... drop... box... Its easy its free for a good amount of storage and can be completely web based. It has apps for every major phone os as well as pc/mac. You install the pc program and the folder its installed to is automatically sync'd both ways. Ive used it for everything from simple images I wanna keep track of to full programs and source. Its private unless you give someone a link to a specific file or folder and if you make simple websites or games that dont need php you can even host em from dropbox.

Id used it before and it was fine but never really had a personal use for it. When I did have that need for it I didnt think twice. Like I said Ive used it over a year pretty much daily now from multiple pc's and iphone and android. Its worth lookin into

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2012, 09:09:59 AM »
2 words for you... drop... box... Its easy its free for a good amount of storage and can be completely web based. It has apps for every major phone os as well as pc/mac. You install the pc program and the folder its installed to is automatically sync'd both ways. Ive used it for everything from simple images I wanna keep track of to full programs and source. Its private unless you give someone a link to a specific file or folder and if you make simple websites or games that dont need php you can even host em from dropbox.

Id used it before and it was fine but never really had a personal use for it. When I did have that need for it I didnt think twice. Like I said Ive used it over a year pretty much daily now from multiple pc's and iphone and android. Its worth lookin into
Ha, same thing I told him as well!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2012, 09:27:15 AM »

2 words for you...bite...me! lmao just kiddin man, i told you guys, i know i should've backed everything up but that's not what happened so im starting back over from scratch.  Actually Aridale, Darkman X and i use dropbox quite frequently, lol in my case even more so now that im backing up EVERYTHING!!!! lol.  Thanks for being patient with me on this guys, trust me it sucks for me just as much that i gotta start over! lol  :rollseyes:

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2012, 10:29:50 AM »
@BMC_War Machine

Your IT friend couldn't get the data off of your harddrive? What did he say?

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2012, 11:33:25 AM »
Hey Uzo,

Nah man he hasn't got a chance to check it yet, there's some new systems being put up in my plant and he's having a hell of a time getting it all squared away so he's got zero time at the moment.  But im gonna try to hit him up first thing monday morning and see if he can check it out for me.  I hadnt messed with it in a few days and it would TRY to recognize in my computer but didnt show a drive letter so i tried assigning it one and it wouldnt take, all the options are grayed out.  Hopefully he can hook me up cause it really sucks i gotta start over again.  :'(

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »
well atleast round #2 will go faster and generally better than the first time. The only good thing about startin over =/

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2012, 04:13:13 AM »
well atleast round #2 will go faster and generally better than the first time. The only good thing about startin over =/
That's what i keep telling myself lol.  In all honesty, that's what's bound to happen. So far i've made the stairs work perfectly.  There was a small bug i couldnt kick when i was working on it the first time.  I tried a more simple approach and it works perfectly.  And like you said, it will flow faster this time since i know more of how i need things to work so hopefully it shouldn't be a huge set back.  Thanks again for the support!  ;D Maybe its a denial thing but i've stayed in good spirits about it thus far haha.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:14:45 AM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2012, 08:12:38 AM »
Armed with the knowledge you have gained thus far, you will encounter many parts of the project that you can immediately identify fixes for, and improvements.

I went through and did a ground up code transfer, bit by bit, for my engine. I found many places for improvement and simplification along the way.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2012, 08:18:19 AM »
yeah total rewrites even if just copyin from your old code is always a great way of makin improvements and fixes. Its like stuff you never could see before jump right off the screen and you kinda half laugh as you go about it. Happens to me all the time lol

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2012, 09:30:15 AM »
You guys hit the nail on the head with both comments.  Just like with the stairs, yeah, i had something that worked, it wasnt too hard to make work but it had its issues.  Try one little simple change and they work like a champ now.  I've already noticed things that i want to improve on as i go along, same kinda thing goes on with music haha.  Anytime i get some new gear of any kind, i'll listen to a song and be like "yup, gotta redo that one too" lol.  Same thing goes here.....and i wonder why my wife doesnt understand how i can have fun doing this lmfao!

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2012, 09:40:24 AM »
...and i wonder why my wife doesnt understand how i can have fun doing this lmfao!
Because when you're just looking at it, it's just a jumbled mess of stuff. When you're actually doing it, however, it suddenly becomes magic.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2012, 09:55:12 AM »
Exactly!!!! lol.  Just try and explain that to someone who doesnt get it all though lol.  Actually she's gotten about 5 million times cooler the past few months.  She always looked at me playing cv's like, "Jesus!  There are other games out there besides Castlevania" and my response...."Nah, there's Castlevania, then there's just the other games" lol.  So she gave in a few months ago, she got into SOTN and for the most part beat it without my help (besides me hooking her up with the advanced luck code lol) then the same day she started working on lords of shadow.  She beat it with a little of my help too within about 4 days.  Now she's hooked on Dracula X Chronicles haha!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2012, 07:27:26 AM »
Hey guys, i've got an update for you, well reversed update i guess lol.  I wrapped up the village yesterday and  began working on the clocktower.  As we have been talking, and as much as i hate to say it, it seems that my HDD crashing was for the better in the end, because i made the village look very nice compare to the original.  I should be able to jump back in it later this afternoon so when i have the clocktower completed i will fill you guys in.

Tags: