Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 273967 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 12:29:18 PM »
How about some screen shots, and or video.
Definitely man!  Im getting ready to record the music for the ghost ship, before i get started i'll snag some shots and post them up :)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 12:52:01 PM »
Woah, sounds promising! :)

If there's some space on your project, I'd love to make some covers for you. I recently did an arrangement/cover of "Prelude" and "Prayer" from CV3, I can send them to you.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 12:54:09 PM »
I've been wanting a CVIII remake for so long now and after only getting a small taste of the previous one I must say I am really interested to see if you can succeed where the other one left off and actually finish it. ;D

I will be keeping a eye out for this one.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 01:14:15 PM »
Woah, sounds promising! :)

If there's some space on your project, I'd love to make some covers for you. I recently did an arrangement/cover of "Prelude" and "Prayer" from CV3, I can send them to you.
PM me dude, i'd LOVE to hear them!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 01:16:35 PM »
I've been wanting a CVIII remake for so long now and after only getting a small taste of the previous one I must say I am really interested to see if you can succeed where the other one left off and actually finish it. ;D

I will be keeping a eye out for this one.
How's this for progress?  ;D

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 01:17:54 PM »
And...

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 01:19:10 PM »
and lol  ;D

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 01:20:40 PM »
and FINALLY!!!!  :o

Sorry to flood the post guys but i can only max 4 pics per post lol.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 02:25:11 PM »
Yeah and you're actually overloading the server with 640x480 image attachment aside from image links... but whatevs, it's all good.
Might wanna look into a flickr or photobucket account, as everyone else now has less space for their attachments...

The pics are cool but some have wildly different tile style and tile colors.  You might want to edit the tile color palettes so that it looks like a more cohesive set of stages.  It just looks better that way.  I'm sure they're very fun to play though.  Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:28:13 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 02:31:30 PM »
I don't think an RoB-style HUD would work well with CV3's character switching. Also, the SCV4 whip looks a bit too bright and out of place.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, 10:36:05 PM »
Have you seen Obreck's CVIII demoes? They might be able to give you some ideas and insights. There are some video demos up on youtube as well as an actual download demo. Here's the downloadable demo link http://fusionfangaming.spriters-resource.com/index.php/board,17.0.html

I don't *think* I double-posted a link but I'll double-check after work.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:18:53 PM by Phoenix7786 »
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2012, 03:44:10 AM »
PM me dude, i'd LOVE to hear them!
PM sent, check your box. ;)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2012, 04:12:14 AM »
Jorge, sorry for the multiposts dude, if you want you can go ahead and wipe them out and i will upload them via flickr and thanks for the encouragement/advice all.  As for the lifebar, the game is in its infancy so as to be expected there will be several changes made.  I originally had the old school hud; player health, enemy health, block etc. but it was taking up too much room on the top of the screen and i wanted to throw something up there quick to make it "feel" a bit more like a game lol.  As for the whip Vlad, i thought that also but wanted feedback, trust me dudes im not a nazi lol, i'll take any positive/negative feedback and run with it.  It wouldnt be cool for me to leave it the way i want it start to finish, im not the only person intended to play it lol.  I started mixing the Ghost Ship tune yesterday evening but got cut short to spend the evening with my mother-in-law so.....ouy! lol.  Anyways, as always i'll keep you guys posted as soon as i have something new brewing so make sure to keep those comments flowing!!!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2012, 05:12:21 PM »
If you're going to mix and match graphics for across other games (which I highly discourage by the way, because it looks like an inconsistent mess) you need to at least standardize and link your palettes. If you want an example of what I'm talking about, give me all the graphics you used for the first room of the Mad Forest level and I will standardize them for you.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2012, 12:47:44 PM »
Hey guys sorry it took a little, got busy as usual again lol.  Man, look at the posts....thanks? Phoenix, thanks for the clips dude.  I saw these awhile back.  I really like what was done with his version of the game, but im leaning more towards a straight "upgrade" so to speak from the original similar to how the first Chronicles game is to the first CV.  Which granted, it is very, very gnarly, it just seems like a whole different take on CVIII.  Not slammin at all or anything, props where they are due because he has done an amazing job thus far, just my 2 cents on where i am with mine.  Uzo, i'll play around with the pallet a bit and see what turns out dude.  As for the elements of different CV's, im VERY set on that man.  Mainly because while there are tons and tons of awesome BG's and whatnot to edit and reuse, i wanted to stick solely to CV's images.  Just seems more legit to me lol, didnt really want to add elements from metal slug or super ghouls n ghosts like most other fan games ive seen lol.  But its all good fellas, again im not slinging the mud here, just putting my input in as well  8)

Tags: