Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 273850 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #690 on: December 01, 2014, 06:05:58 PM »
WarMachine, If you want to, I can help some of the graphics look more fitting to the SOTN style. You'd need to email them all to me, then I'd email the fixed ones back. Does that sound like a good or a no?
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #691 on: December 07, 2014, 10:41:07 AM »
Hey Warmachine I love the work you've done on the game.
If you have time I sent you a PM that you might want to check out.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #692 on: December 07, 2014, 03:23:04 PM »
Hey Warmachine I love the work you've done on the game.
If you have time I sent you a PM that you might want to check out.
Thanks dude, I replied to your PM.

ZeroSaberGreen - thanks dude, I got it under control man  ;D im about halfway done with the beta testing bug report findings so itll be done pretty soon  8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #693 on: December 07, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »
I look forward to this progressing. The past year, Dracula's Curse has become a staple run for myself and some friends whenever we get together. Having a revamped game with everything I'm seeing here would be incredible.

Good luck, War Machine. I'll keep checking in to see how this is going.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #694 on: December 07, 2014, 05:06:36 PM »
I look forward to this progressing. The past year, Dracula's Curse has become a staple run for myself and some friends whenever we get together. Having a revamped game with everything I'm seeing here would be incredible.

Good luck, War Machine. I'll keep checking in to see how this is going.
Thank you Sindra  ;D It shouldn't be much longer now.  I just adjusted the boss fight of the Sunken City to look more similar to the nes version and swapped the bone dragon i originally had in there with another that looks more like it should.  The longest part will be once i finish it.  I've been working with 3D in my downtime and im hoping to get a fully 3D cutscene at the end after the credits to show a spoiler for my next project.  If i can get it looking like i have it in my head, you all are in for a treat!   ;D Thanks again folks  8)

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #695 on: December 08, 2014, 07:45:18 AM »
Glad to see you're active again! You are rebooting more things in this game?

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #696 on: December 08, 2014, 01:59:20 PM »
Thanks eryson! Yep im back again lol. I had to take some time to learn a little about 3D, for if what im trying to do turns out will be stellar! as for the rebooting, im taking all the info from the bug reports I have and fixing them one by one. The most recent fix was getting the white dragon to worm properly. It now works just as smoothly as it does in any other CV, I also changed out the skeleton dragon (as per your request eryson ;D ) and made another looking more like it did in the original nes version. So its getting there folks lol. On another bad note, I hit a speed bump a couple of weeks ago - I had gotten a really nasty virus on my laptop but luckily I had my main backups on dropbox, but that wiped out about 2/3 of my music - no big deal tho, I have planned to remaster them anyways lol. But im rolling strong again so again, I ask you all to be patient with me and thanks for the continued support!

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #697 on: December 08, 2014, 07:04:50 PM »
well i know i'm happy to hear your still working on this i very happy to hear you replaced the boss on the sunken city stage with one like the nes can't wait to play it again:)
keep up the great work man.
i do wish the skull knight looked more like a remake of the nes one like this one

that one is thaddeus but if someone would make a set I'd love to see it in there never liked the remake version for the gba
and while I'm talking about thaddeus sprites you know it be very cool to have more than one Trevor sprite you could use in this game like box art Trevor

thaddeus sprite on the left and one i started on years ago on the right with some hair colors i was working with on top just playing around but if anybody want to make more it'd be cool to see it anyway it would be cool.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #698 on: December 08, 2014, 07:13:48 PM »
well i know i'm happy to hear your still working on this i very happy to hear you replaced the boss on the sunken city stage with one like the nes can't wait to play it again:)
keep up the great work man.
i do wish the skull knight looked more like a remake of the nes one like this one

that one is thaddeus but if someone would make a set I'd love to see it in there never liked the remake version for the gba
and while I'm talking about thaddeus sprites you know it be very cool to have more than one Trevor sprite you could use in this game like box art Trevor

thaddeus sprite on the left and one i started on years ago on the right with some hair colors i was working with on top just playing around but if anybody want to make more it'd be cool to see it anyway it would be cool.

Do you have anymore of those Thaddeus' sprites to share?

Never seen those, they are ridiculously kick@$$!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #699 on: December 08, 2014, 07:48:08 PM »
Do you have anymore of those Thaddeus' sprites to share?

Never seen those, they are ridiculously kick@$$!

yeah everything thaddeus did was cool i have all his old stuff (stuff he posted anyway.lol) i don't have the stuff he did when he was working on that bad ass game of his vampirala (can't spell it)tho wish he would had finish it:(

anyway here's a rar of all the stuff i have of his

http://www.4shared.com/rar/kNFtLXylba/thaddeus.html
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:50:33 PM by mgfcortez »

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #700 on: December 08, 2014, 08:12:54 PM »
Thanks mgfcortez! And those are some kick ass sprites, id gladly revamp for those if thaddeus was cool with it. The skull knight looks intense! Right now im revamping the doppelganger fight with a new idea I had to improve it as well, as well as changing the style of the fight also. If I get it worked out itll be pretty damn cool lol

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #701 on: December 09, 2014, 12:31:32 AM »
Holy S**T! That Skeleton Knight is BOSS!  :o

I'd pay to play a Classicvania done with that kind of coloration!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #702 on: December 09, 2014, 11:54:22 AM »
yeah everything thaddeus did was cool i have all his old stuff (stuff he posted anyway.lol) i don't have the stuff he did when he was working on that bad ass game of his vampirala (can't spell it)tho wish he would had finish it:(

anyway here's a rar of all the stuff i have of his

http://www.4shared.com/rar/kNFtLXylba/thaddeus.html

Mucho appreciate that link. I'll prob never use any of it but good to keep on archive.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #703 on: December 09, 2014, 02:04:59 PM »
No doubt, those are badass! Just a quick update - im up to the doppelganger boss fight which is get a complete and much needed overhaul lol, then just the keep is left to fine tune then ill be dropping all the updated code where it needs to go :) also I found another way of coding my players that may make them even smoother so im going to give that a shot later as well. Ill keep you all posted  8)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #704 on: December 12, 2014, 01:39:37 PM »
Update - doppleganger revamp is complete, all that is left is to touch up the keep then drop in the updated code, remaster a few tracks and ill have all the addressed bugs fixed  8) after that ill be situating the classic mode I mentioned a few pages back lol, then adding my 3D work if possible. Darkman got me turned on to 3D character modeling so even though im still a noon at this point im getting some great results. If it doesnt take too long ill be adding it to the game, if not ill release the finished version. I  know there are a few of you that are like "hurry the fuck up, we want the game!" Lol but trust me if I get the 3D asests the way they need to be it will be WELL worththe wait! ;D

Tags: