Poll

Choose who wins the December 2015 Castlevania Dungeon MUSIC Contest

Chernabogue: Super Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow Full Soundtrack
4 (36.4%)
Dracula9: Circle of the Moon songs downmixed to Akumajo Densetsu VRC6
7 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: January 30, 2015, 02:56:55 AM

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: January 2015 Castlevania Dungeon MUSIC Contest  (Read 26739 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: January 2015 Castlevania Dungeon MUSIC Contest
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2015, 10:07:14 AM »
It sounds like you already have some degree of a musical ear, which is good. Truth be told music IS a degree harder than spriting, as you're trying to establish a tone or theme that has no visual fix. But in that same vein I feel it's also more rewarding.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2015, 10:17:38 AM »
+1
In a LIVE situation i GUARANTEE that some of the "seasoned" musicians would have little to ZERO chance to hold a candle to what i can bring, or what i have done thus far!  Go out and make money doing music, play the biggest, most popular and overall well known venues, sell them the fuck out, leave out of the place with hundreds of new fans - THEN you come back on here and tell us what's what for "seasoned" musicians!  The way you go off in your posts when someone doesn't kiss your ass, i could see WHY no one wants to jump in and do these competitions!   
/thread

I was going to say something... but I'm glad you said " 'some' of the seasoned musicians". 
I will be playing live music with some people in my state.  I also brought my Melodica (portable Air Organ) to MAGFest and actually did live Jamming with both by-the-ear musicians as well as sheet-music musicians.
I will also be doing an arrangement of Castlevania for the MSU Gamer Symphony Orchestra.  I'm excited as hell for this! :D

And I'm almost done with my huge-helpful-and-easy-to-understand Tutorial. :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2015, 06:28:03 PM »
I was going to say something... but I'm glad you said " 'some' of the seasoned musicians". 
I will be playing live music with some people in my state.  I also brought my Melodica (portable Air Organ) to MAGFest and actually did live Jamming with both by-the-ear musicians as well as sheet-music musicians.
I will also be doing an arrangement of Castlevania for the MSU Gamer Symphony Orchestra.  I'm excited as hell for this! :D

And I'm almost done with my huge-helpful-and-easy-to-understand Tutorial. :D
Absolutley dude,  I wouldnt fly off the handle like that for no reason at all. After reading what Drac9 had responded with, it looks like he had a rough couple of days and it ended up coming through in some of his responses, and he did the right thing it coming out and apologising for it. Drac9, good man for that and truce is goos on my end as well if its still an option. 8)

Thats killer about MAGfest Jorge! I wish I could be close enough to come out and hook up with you guys,  it'd really be different from doing my bands tunes, but fun as hell to jam to some cv tunes! Get some video for us if you can dude!

Ive also got a quick tutorial vid to post here shortly  ;D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 06:29:58 PM by BMC_War Machine »
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2015, 09:04:52 PM »

I demand an update thread for this when the time comes.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2015, 11:01:44 AM »
I'm not sure if you can search for MAGFest videos on Youtube or Facebook, but here are some of the stuff I played while at MAGFest, sometimes alone with my Melodica, and sometimes with musician friends:

-Minnie the Moocher (Jazz tune with my friend Alyssa at the Sax)
-The Smash 4 Melody (just jamming about, with a sax and trumpet, in Sax-friendly keys)
-The Dark Overworld from Zelda III - alone
-"Wind Scene" - 600AD - with a Flute and a Clarinet
-A lot of my Castlevania 1 tunes I can actually play on the keys.
-Lost Painting from Symphony of the Night - Alone on the keys of the Melodica.

FYI for those who don't know, this is a Melodica:

This is the Hohner model I own, and it's an easy instrument to carry when you don't want to carry around electronic equipment but want something with a keyboard to play on.

Here's a SUPER-KICKASS VideoGame-related Melodica video by the Human Jukebox:
Human Jukebox Video Games Melodica
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2015, 01:39:00 PM »
-"Wind Scene" - 600AD - with a Flute and a Clarinet

Oh. Oh, Jorge. Yes.

Tags: chiptunes oh yeah 

anything