Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I beat CV3  (Read 5487 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: May 16, 2021, 08:29:17 PM »
Like, finally, after all these years. I didn't know until maybe a year ago (I think from an Erin Plays video, lol) that Sypha's route is basically easy mode, and that the route I usually take with Grant was making the game longer and more difficult. Doy.

It's a little ridiculous considering I've looped Chronicles original mode several times and got a high score over a million, but whatever; I guess I still think Castlevania III is harder, depending on the route.

Just glad to finally beat it, since I've had the cartridge since I was 13.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 03:20:39 AM »
+1
Nice dude.
I still haven't beat it because of that goddamned Dracula checkpoint. I always play it in one sitting and I'm always fuckin tired by the time I've reached the final stage.
Gotta get away

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 04:33:45 AM »
+1
Nice job clearing the game!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 05:24:16 AM »
I always play it in one sitting and I'm always fuckin tired by the time I've reached the final stage.

That was my other problem: I rarely used passwords. For a game like this, you kinda need to, but I kept trying to play it like any other Castlevania start to finish. It's a little too long for that, and it's kind of a kick to the groin that when you die fighting Dracula, you don't start at his stairs.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Holy Diver

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 06:27:43 AM »
It's a little too long for that, and it's kind of a kick to the groin that when you die fighting Dracula, you don't start at his stairs.
That's what always fucks me up the most. I always come to Dracula with half my health at best, and I could never really figure out how to beat him because I rarely get further than phase 1. I've only got to his final phase like 5 times.

I don't know if Castlevania 3 is actualy the hardest when it comes to actual challenge, I feel like it's more of an endurance test in a way. But then again I never came too far in Alucard route so I might be wrong.
(click to show/hide)
Gotta get away

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 08:36:12 AM »
Wait'll ya get to the 2nd loop and see what happens to the Medusa heads, heh.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Holy Diver

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 08:42:34 AM »
Color me interested. I haven't played any NES in a while, I'll start on the final level and see if I can beat Drac that way.

Btw anyone else bummed that Trevor can't change direction while crouching. As someone who plays more of Cv1 that really fucks me sometimes :(
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 08:45:32 AM by Holy Diver »
Gotta get away

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 09:02:43 AM »
wtg.  i’ve only been able to beat it using the HELP ME cheat.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 10:16:46 AM »
Congratz on beating CV3! It's one of the hardest games in the old series, right along-side The Castlevania Adventure (f@#k that game!!).

I've done multiple play-throughs of CV3 and have managed to beat the game with all three helpers. But I think the hardest mode to play is when you've got only yourself and no helper. I had managed to do that and it wasn't easy. The final stage before Dracula's stage is always a bane no-matter who I have with me >:(

In terms of a long play-through CV3 isn't too bad. Sure it has 15-plus stages but they are divided up via multiple paths, so you can never truly play through all the stages in one sitting. SCV4 as far as I can tell has the longest play-through. That game is eleven stages total and no branching pathways. But it's SCV4 so I don't mind at all.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2021, 07:50:15 PM »
In terms of a long play-through CV3 isn't too bad. Sure it has 15-plus stages but they are divided up via multiple paths, so you can never truly play through all the stages in one sitting. SCV4 as far as I can tell has the longest play-through. That game is eleven stages total and no branching pathways. But it's SCV4 so I don't mind at all.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4735/

wanna play through all of them?
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 08:47:06 PM »
Awshee, time to load that up on my stupidly overpriced Nt mini Noir.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2021, 09:46:45 AM »
I'm definitely curious as to how the game will proceed with 'all' stages accessible. Thanks Bloo  :)
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2021, 02:16:09 AM »
Nice. I know what you mean about Sypha's route; that's the least frustrating one for me. When I first started playing the game, I'd always choose the Alucard route. Never again, lol.

I saw a video of the 2nd loop, and it looks punishing. The flying skulls look like a pain in the ass.

I wonder how many Konami games have increasing difficulty on additional loops? I didn't know for years that Contra increases difficulty up to Loop 7 (which is as far as I could make it before losing all my lives). The increasing difficulty is subtle, though. You don't see much of a difference until about loop 4, when you notice there are a ton more of the running enemies in some spots, and the scorpions at the end take a lot of hits to kill. Makes you feel like a frog in boiling water, lol.

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2021, 09:38:15 AM »
I saw a video of the 2nd loop, and it looks punishing. The flying skulls look like a pain in the ass.

They are. No question. I tried a second play-through a long time ago and it was just stuuuupid  >:(  Those things have almost no pattern to them. I never got passed stage 1 without taking a hit.. or three. Never did try to get through the clock tower because that would've been the breaking point for me.

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2021, 04:06:07 AM »
I am ashamed to say it but I have not beaten ANY of the classic formula Castlevania games. I know they are pretty hard and maybe that is why I only like to watch them being played. But I am about to embark on that journey in the near future. I will try and beat every Classic Castlevania I could get my hands on!
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Tags:

anything