Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anybody else here a fan of Tenchu?  (Read 3268 times)

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Anybody else here a fan of Tenchu?
« on: July 08, 2009, 12:29:50 AM »
I'm playing Wrath of Heaven (PS2), my fave of the series.

I really want the new Wii one.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 05:55:29 AM »
I kinda am... off an on. I never can really stick with one more than one or two plays tho. I used to play the HELL out of the original one tho years ago. The PSP ones pretty good too

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 07:23:49 AM »
Yeah the very first one for the ps-x was my shit. Unfortunately I haven't gotten into the later titles, not yet atleast

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Anybody else here a fan of Tenchu?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 05:34:44 PM »
I first encoutered Tenchu back when it was still nearly new, at a dinner for the swim team of all things (!) but didn't see it again for years.  I instantly loved the game's aesthetics though.  Some years ago (maybe 4 or so) I finally got a good copy of eBay.

I liked it so much I found some obscure PSX string ripper and took out the music.  Have to do that again sometime since I let the files go by the wayside during a format...I didn't play Tenchu II at all until just a few years ago when I found a new copy.  I was highly disappointed by the lack of music, so I ended up putting it aside (probably unfairly).  It does seem like it's a good game, with better levels than the first.

I also got the Xbox title Return From Darkness (I think; I know it's pretty much the same as Wrath of Heaven, but with some added junk like a policeman in a hidden level or something strange).  That's been great except for the horrible Thompson drive in the Xbox I have here not loading the next level (also putting scratches on the disc, ah well).

Other than that, From Software has made some great games as well (I don't think they were the original developer, but made some games in the series later on, or something) that aren't about stealth, but beat the original Tenchu games in pretty much every conceivable way.  I got Otogi II on the cheap years ago, and need to get back with it (interestingly, the Thompson drive doesn't take a flaming dump on it like it does the Xbox Tenchu title).  Great game, lots happening; can't really feel sorry for the inability to break bones in an unskippable cutscene when everything else about it is pure joy.  Need to find the first one sometime, too.

p.s.  "You will ONLY BRING GREAT SHAME."

And who the hell can forget "You want the stone?!"  That sounded much more ominous back in the day than I remember - Audio Atrocities ruined that memory for me, sadly!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 11:07:00 PM »
I've never played any of the Tenchu series however my brother pretty-much owns the entire collection minus the Wii one of course.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Amduscias

• Hunter in Tanning 8D !!
  • Hunter in Training
  • Wuhhzaaa
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 10:25:28 PM »
Woah, a really good game, i used to play it a lot with ma friends so back in the day, now i have the one for ps2 but i dont have time enough to play it ):

Well my friend is an addict to that saga, he learned english just to understand the rest of the story in the original language without changes
=============================================

Fill this space with some nice message

=============================================

Tags:

anything