Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: So yeah...about that "new" Rygar game for the Wii  (Read 3525 times)

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
So yeah...about that "new" Rygar game for the Wii
« on: December 18, 2007, 09:04:35 AM »
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=16050

today i decided to check on how the game was progressing and took a gander at some screenshots. However, something was amiss....a majority of locations in the screenshots looked like they were taken from the ps2 game. Not wanting to assume anything i did some research....ugh, its a freakin' remake! According the this article, the excuse for the port is to bring Rygar to a new audience so that they my make a new game later.

Bullshit...they got lazy...damn Tecmo...you are damn lucky i didn't beat the original nor own it (rented) The controls better be awesome and the extras better be numerous.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: So yeah...about that "new" Rygar game for the Wii
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 10:37:46 AM »
Umm...I knew it was a port when they first announced it.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 10:59:05 AM »
news to me that its even comin to Wii. I never got to play it on ps2 but Ive heard it was pretty good.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 12:56:38 PM »
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=16050

today i decided to check on how the game was progressing and took a gander at some screenshots. However, something was amiss....a majority of locations in the screenshots looked like they were taken from the ps2 game. Not wanting to assume anything i did some research....ugh, its a freakin' remake! According the this article, the excuse for the port is to bring Rygar to a new audience so that they my make a new game later.

Bullshit...they got lazy...damn Tecmo...you are damn lucky i didn't beat the original nor own it (rented) The controls better be awesome and the extras better be numerous.

agreed, you can pick the original up for ps2 for like 5 bones or less at any local used games store, no excuse for a remake when the original game ain't even 5 years old yet.
_______________________________________ ______________

Tags:

anything