Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Worst Game You Ever Played  (Read 17559 times)

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« on: March 12, 2008, 05:19:17 PM »
I'd go with Universal Studios for GCN and Darkened Skye.
Especially Darkened Skye.
Using the power of the rainbow with Skittles was ridiculous but it had horrible, boring gameplay.
So.. CV Forum!
Tell which are the worst pieces of poo you've ever played. :D

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 05:29:26 PM »
In Reply To #1

Super Man 64.  I'm not even going to say anything else.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 12:38:40 PM »
Dr Jekyl and mr hyde for the nes, you just run around until you turn into mr. hyde and then you die cuz mr hyde can't do anything worth a crap.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 02:41:26 PM »
In Reply To #3

Wow, that's worse than Superman 64.  It sounds like that one level in Call of Duty 4, which was actually well done, except for the whole game, which would have just plain sucked...

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Worst Game You Ever Played
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 05:57:55 AM »
i must be the only guy in the world that enjoyed superman 64....anyway...

The worst i ever played was Star Ocean: Til the End of Time. I hated how obscenely hard the game got for no particular reason. (who the hell puts a boss you just fought among the random enemies in the next and following rooms!) I also hated that you die because you lose all your mp.....HOW RETARTED IS THAT! I cant believe i wasted my hard earned cash on that game. And before i end this i have one more thing to complain about...its story wise so ill put it in spoilers just in case someone gives a damn. (can seem to find the spoiler tag....this should do though.

Around the middle of the game the main character finds out he is a bio weapon of mass destruction and that his parents, that he loves dearly, created him. Now normal logic would dictate that he should be crushed by this...i mean hes just a kid... but all he does it bitch about for a second then goes on like nothing happened. im sorry...i cant accept that. i mean if there was any time to be emo...it would be at that moment. whats worse is that this wasn't the worst part of the story! in the end you find out the world your in is only a video game and the characters your playing with are wayward NPC's! from what i have heard you have to fight the creator for some reason....ugh horrible. there aren't even any clues as to this conclusion...they just spring it on you.

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 08:40:55 AM »
Hydlide NES, the music is supposed to rip off the Indy Jones theme, you literally walk into enemies to attack them, and the game has a quick save feature, which saves absolutely no progress because the game uses a long password system. And to top it all off, a friend of mine gave me his copy for free years ago along with Ghosts N Goblins NES when he lost my copy of Super C (which years later I bought again), so it's a collectible in my game collection.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 08:42:27 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 12:22:24 PM »
Hydlide NES, the music is supposed to rip off the Indy Jones theme, you literally walk into enemies to attack them, and the game has a quick save feature, which saves absolutely no progress because the game uses a long password system. And to top it all off, a friend of mine gave me his copy for free years ago along with Ghosts N Goblins NES when he lost my copy of Super C (which years later I bought again), so it's a collectible in my game collection.

Yeah that one's about as bad as Dr, J and Mr. H, but I give it points for the music. Dr. J and Mr. H's soundtrack was crap.

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 05:10:39 PM »
In Reply To #7
i COULD manage dr. J and Ms. h
but Superman 64 frustrated me a lot
i got like really bored and everything was crap.

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 04:35:27 AM »
My vote goes to Po'ed on the ps1.

sounds pretty good in theory, an unusual setting,with an unsusual main character ( a chef ) so all's well and good in the uniqueness department.

however the gameplay feels worse than wolfenstein 3D and the graphics are terrible.... heres a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PO%27ed
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 07:27:12 PM »
Heh. Yeah, Po'd definitely wasn't for everyone. Some of us really dug it though. I just loved the fact that it was a shooter where you'd find yourself fighting walking assholes that fired missiles at you from their rectums... AND YOU'D BE USING HUMAN INTESTINES TO FIGHT THEM!! WTFH?!???!?!! For sheer effed-up novelty, Po'd scored points with me. And great ending too. -Exactly the kind of finale to a game that hours of intense gameplay should culminate in. ~You fucking end up as a mass of lifeless organs in jars! - IN A KITCHEN! MWAHH-HAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAHHH!!

I dunno. For me, the worst gaming experiences (I am happy to say) have all been rented, so I never dropped more than 3 bucks on any one mistake. You really can't get much lower than Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde though. I mean, supposedly you were supposed to "prevent Hyde from progressing too far in the monster world" when you transformed into him. Spelunker for the NES was also pretty crappy. - Levels and graphics that just made you wanna give up quick, and the most depressing 8-bit music you have ever heard. Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters was utter crap. More so because I really enjoyed the first game (possibly the only really good Godzilla game made to date).

Further ahead though, Donkey Kong 64 and MK Special Forces both scraped the bottom of the barrel as far as piss-poor 3D concept titles go, and PSX's Mega Man X titles nearly brought me to tears. But as a fan of fighting games, I have to say that the all time worst games I have ever played would have to be Rise of the Robots (SNES) and Tatoo Assassins (arcade). Oh sweet tweakin' CHRIST those games sucked, blew, and then hurled to boot. I consider myself weakened as a gamer for those experiences. Blecch!!

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 07:36:37 PM »
In Reply To #10

You got to play Tatoo assasins?  I'd be jealous if I didn't know that game sucked so much...

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 12:03:00 AM »
In Reply To #7
i COULD manage dr. J and Ms. h
but Superman 64 frustrated me a lot
i got like really bored and everything was crap.

Yeah I was really pissed at nintendo for awhile after the N64 catastrophy, minus a handful of games the mass majority of their product was all graphical showcases with no gameplay at all. I'm just glad they never made a metroid for it, man I can just see it now, run around as samus and kill all 250 metroids in 3 different huge similar looking worlds with no power ups except temp ones and all the metroids are base unevolved form. Then you get to fight mother brain which you have to grab and spin around then hurl onto different missile tanks!, yeah no thanks.

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 09:23:26 PM »
Red Steel a.k.a. Giant Shit

Ubisoft....what a piece of shit

....shit
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 11:30:45 PM »
In Reply To #13
Damn! You posted it before! lol
Anyway, another crappola of a game I played is
Batman Forever on the SNES. To make it WORSE,
I actually liked that game as a kid, but now.. looking upon it.
It was all bullshit.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 11:44:29 AM »

I agree with most of the stuff you've already mentioned (except Star Ocean which was great IMO). Other games that comes to mind:

Bubsy 2
This game is a mess. I actually didn't hate the first Bubsy, and it's still arguably more polished than the terrible sequel. And yes, Bubsy 2 is worse than Bubsy 3D in my opinion.

Barm Stoker's Dracula
I've only played the SNES version, and it makes me physically sick. I can't even talk about it without wanting to kill myself.

Other games I cannot stand:
- Pimp my ride
- The Shield
- Pit Fighter
- Wizards & Warriors series, Ironsword in particular.

Tags:

anything