Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Rebirth  (Read 26059 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2014, 06:01:35 AM »
Yeah, it feel like Super Metroid when you reach Zebes the first time and SotN before the lights turn on.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline VampireKillerX

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 08:26:49 AM »
Thanks guys, i heard about metroid but i never played. Im glad you like my work. Well its very hard to find a coder for game maker. I learned few stuff like backround importing, make it move adding objects to level. There is still many stuff to learn, i hope i will find a coding help soon.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 10:10:19 AM »
I will be sincere, a lot of people here are waiting for coders for their projects and atleast half of them say the same thing: try to learn how to code.

I know, its difficult and is more easier to say than to do, even so there is a tip. Also some people seem to be migrating to Unity because its free and they say its better even for 2D now that they did some updates.

I expect that what Im saying dont let you down, they are only tips and insights from what I've heard and seen so far. There is a lot of wonderful games made on Game Maker and Multimedia Fusion (now Clickteam Fusion I think), you only need to think about the limitations and how hard it will be to do something on it. :D
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 08:00:53 PM »
I will be sincere, a lot of people here are waiting for coders for their projects and atleast half of them say the same thing: try to learn how to code.

I know, its difficult and is more easier to say than to do, even so there is a tip. Also some people seem to be migrating to Unity because its free and they say its better even for 2D now that they did some updates.

I expect that what Im saying dont let you down, they are only tips and insights from what I've heard and seen so far. There is a lot of wonderful games made on Game Maker and Multimedia Fusion (now Clickteam Fusion I think), you only need to think about the limitations and how hard it will be to do something on it. :D

I agree. Not that I am knocking it and I don't wanna talk crap about it because I haven't invested the time in it to learn it yet even though I have the Pro version is Game Maker. With the MAJORITY of projects that I have seen anyone use on the dungeon Game Maker seems to be the most popular choice, however I have seen countless projects not get completed because of coding issues.

It also seems that with some many individuals on the dungeon using Game Maker that those problems could get fixed with a little networking with one another, but again I never understood if it was perhaps an issue with everyone doing their own thing, but many projects ended up failing. From what I've noticed it's usually on a 1-2 people doing the code while others are doing spritework, music,etc. Usually those people could only get so far with the coding or had some kinda of issues where they could not finish and the coding was just too labor intensive to fix or continue so everyone else that was doing other stuff ended up trying to learn the code but couldn't or trying and it seems to be a slow process. At least that's how it looks to me, but people swear by Game Maker all day.

I am not saying one program is better than the other (I personally use MMF2/Fusion 2.5 for my fan-game) but with anything I am sure that it's all about the time you have or willing to invest in it.

My suggestion is that I know that you probably have all these ideas you want to incorporate right away for your game and you are probably trying to learn the code as you go. While it can be done I haven't seen much success that route so I would suggest just to make a small DEBUG room and nail everything you want down first or at least enough to get the character playable throughout the stage and then just make one or the 1st stage and then get that perfect before moving on.

Trust me it'll make your life easier and it'll scale your work load down till you rap your head around the other coding.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline VampireKillerX

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2014, 03:40:10 PM »
are there a SOTN sound voices rips, i need that sound when crow dies
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:56:16 AM by Zox »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2014, 12:58:47 PM »
I think that you should create a new thread asking for sounds, so people will notice your needs more easily.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2014, 04:36:04 PM »
+1
Actually, there's a thread dedicated to sound requests right here:
http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,4144.0.html
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline VampireKillerX

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2014, 06:36:49 AM »
ok thanks, i posted on that thread

Offline VampireKillerX

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2014, 09:51:11 AM »
ok, what is the best base for castlevania project
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:02:53 PM by Zox »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2014, 12:48:07 PM »
I dont understood your question, what you need to know?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline VampireKillerX

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2014, 01:43:03 PM »
I dont understood your question, what you need to know?
i mean is there a freesource .gmk file for Castlevania so i can work over it... or do i have to create everything from beginning

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2014, 01:51:21 PM »
i mean is there a freesource .gmk file for Castlevania so i can work over it... or do i have to create everything from beginning
sigh.

If you don't feel like investing the time in learning the program yourself what makes you think you are going to be able to work over someone else's work?

Or even worse trying to pay someone to make an engine for you. (Which I wouldn't recommend at all before you get taken advantage of.)

I think it would be more beneficial for you in the long run to start from scratch. That way you can make your game exactly like what you vision in your head.

Looking at someone's else's code and using that to learn is one thing, but trying to code over someone's work without having a proper foundation yourself, Bad idea.

Bro, it seems that you are another one stuck on JUST using game maker. I know it's not the popular opinion from a pro game maker crowd, but weigh all your options.

There are plenty of other 2D game designing tools free on the net with Castlevania examples, even working engines.

If you insist on using GM maybe you should try a different/easier type of game, follow that tutorial, and then use what you learned with that to start building your own Castlevania engine...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:15:07 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline kaonstantine

• Vampire Hunter
  • Pitayaware
  • Awards 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 3rd Place Award
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2014, 02:28:33 PM »
ok, what is the best base for castlevania project

It depends.

a)You want to make a fan game and you don't care if the game has only "generic" or "standard" behaviour. You just want something ready to place graphics in. You are not interested in making new games in the future. You couldtry downloading an already made castlevania engine (google o search on game maker community). For example:  http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/148442-castlevania-engine-complete

b) You want to have full control of what (and HOW that) happens in the game. You want to add new features/mechanics never seen before in the CV saga. You want to learn to code because you are considering to develop more games in the future. The best option is to learn to write code and build the game entirely by yourselft consideing your needs and your game vision.

Theres one last thing I want to say about Game Maker. Using an already made engine doesn't necessarily helps you to learn to write code. I know many guys that took the decision of using an engine made by someone else (as their fisrt project ever in GM) and, after 5 or 6 months they still had problems understanding the engine or trying to change some of the original behaviour. You can find many people saying things like "don't worry, man, GML is easy to learn". Yes, GML could be easy to learn compared to most of the other progamming languages, but also, i'm sure most of those guys have easily 2,3 or MORE years of experience in GM. So, as darkmanx has said:  it's all about how much time you are willing to invest in it.

If you don't feel like investing the time in learning the program yourself what makes you think you are going to be able to work over someone else's work?
I totally subscribe this
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:35:13 PM by kaonstantine »

What a wonderful night to have a curse.

Offline VampireKillerX

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2014, 01:15:39 AM »
i dont understand, what is wrong if i want to pay someone for coding. People also pay me for creating sprites, not only me.. rest of the world. So coding can also be payed, because its to much of work.

Offline the_truth

• Like it or not... the truth still is what it is!
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2014, 02:52:48 AM »
Good god, what don't you understand? You have now been told the same things by SEVERAL PEOPLE. Including by some of them who spoke to you one on one.

Here is your situation:

• GM is a buggy mess with a lot of issues due to the way they update; MMF isn't much better. Prepare to deal with lots of glitches and bugs with both, even when you code correctly.
  • Unity is a FAR more superior product than both, but with a steeper learning curve. The good part being you will get a lot more done quicker in the long run, have a LOT more control, and learn a lot more actual coding in the process.
  • Programming your own engine from scratch would be a MASSIVE learning curve; but would give the most control. This is the choice of most people who have the skills to do it, but I don't recommend it for a beginner.
  • You probably can't afford a coder; they get a LOT more than someone that you pay for spriting work. It just doesn't come cheap, and yes there are many ways you could get ripped off since you don't know much about coding. Not to mention that many coders are not known for being very reliable.
  • You WILL have to take the time to learn to code yourself to some extent; REGARDLESS of what you do. This should be your first step; youtube helps here, as does doing searches on google.

In case you are wondering, I have experience in all 3 apps (MMF, GM, Unity). I also know 3 master level programmers WAY more skilled than me who can make their own game engines from scratch, and one intermediate who is making his engine in Unity after learning the HARD WAY what a mess GM truly is. And I promise you that NONE of them would have interest in helping you for less than about 20-30 an hour. And that is STILL relatively CHEAP! You just have no concept of what you are honestly asking for, and don't realize that even a VERY simple collision engine can easily take at least 5 hours to make and then bug test.  And I'm talking something like on an early 80's game level. :o

BTW stop asking for game design/programming advice on this forum. Most people here are not coders; sure there is a lot of talent on here, but that just is not the dominant forte in this locale. There are much better venues that you can find via a quick google search where you can get advice from people who actually are experienced in this particular area of expertise.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:54:57 AM by the_truth »

Tags: