Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: SotN Maria as a Victorian era stabbing victim  (Read 6919 times)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
SotN Maria as a Victorian era stabbing victim
« on: January 11, 2017, 04:41:38 PM »
Does anyone here remember how a while ago I came up with an imaginary backstory for the sacrificial maiden at the beginning of Rondo of Blood where she's a minor heroine with her own sidestory quest fighting Shaft's cult before Richter shows up?

Well now I've come up with my own character design for her: http://chichichichipndale.deviantart.com/art/Giselle-the-Penetrated-656847460

Do you guys have any suggestions? Do you see anything (aside from the horrifying MS Paint art style) I could revise and spruce up to make her look better? Or trim down to simplify her a little more? Perhaps cut open and bleed like a lamb to slaughter?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 04:51:33 PM by Super Waffle »

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: SotN Maria as a Victorian era stabbing victim
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 11:25:37 AM »
The gloves and the boots look a bit too uniform.  I'd vary the design just a little bit.  Maybe throw on wrist guards or bracelts of something to break it up. 

Likewise, I'd add a regular belt or ribbon to the outfit and then throw a slightly skewed not-quite fitting weapon belt over that for the arrows. 

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 01:20:04 PM »
and then throw a slightly skewed not-quite fitting weapon belt over that for the arrows.

So they can disarm her more easily when it's time to ceremonially sacrifice her, right?

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 05:16:09 PM »
I was thinking more so it looked like she just grabbed something and threw it on over her outfit, but that reason works too. 

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 05:30:00 PM »
So.

Let's say I wanted to go about creating a 16-bit fan game where you play as my original-ish Castlevania heroine platforming through early versions of PCE Rondo's levels and the soundtrack was all remixes of Kinuyo Yamashita songs that aren't from the original Castlevania. Would you help me in this daunting task, CVD? (or just chainsawmidget if he's going to be the only one who replies?)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 12:05:57 AM »
You know what? I probably would, at least however I can. I do spriting and music, but I've been out of the game for years now (the last sprite I ever made was way back in early 2012, and I haven't made music in at least three or four years). But any excuse to get back into it is a good excuse.

No promises of anything substantial, though. I promised Serio I'd make him a sprite-sheet of CoD Trevor for his Castlevania Fighter. I've only made one sprite for it. That was seven years ago.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 06:19:16 PM »
Hey, that's still one more guy than the number of guys Conan O'Brien thinks worked on Slender Man. Maybe we can make something great here.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:34:43 PM by Super Waffle »

Tags: