Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What would you think of a Silent Hill NoES mod?  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
What would you think of a Silent Hill NoES mod?
« on: October 08, 2007, 01:13:10 AM »
First of all, I would like to say that I am not intending to make it, neither am I asking from anyone else to consider the idea of making it. It's just an idea I had in mind, and I would like to hear your opinions about it.

Anyway, I played through Silent Hill 3, and enjoyed it a lot, I could write my opinion about it, but I don't want to turn this into a review of the game.
What I did found interesting about it, is that much of the scenery in the game reminded me a lot of the scenery in the classic horror series Nightmare on Elm Street.
And then, after I completed the game, it suddenly occurred to me: The game engine and scenery could be used very well to make a Nightmare on Elm Street "mod" for it! Think about it. Change the main character a little bit. Exchange Silent Hill for Springwood. Remember those parts in the game where normal (though weird) places like the mall, the office building, the hospital would tranform into their sinister counterparts? This could be used as what Springwood would transform into in the main character's dream. Of course, this would mean that the main character would have to fall asleep to go there. All that in-game info about the cult would be exchanged for information about Springwood and Freddy Krueger. Of course, all the places in the game should be the ones from the movies: The children's asylum, the school, Amanda Krueger's graveyard, the abandoned factory where Freddy used to work, and of course, 1428 Elm Street, the house where it all began.

Well, what do you think of my idea? Does it sound interesting? Do you think it could be turned into a game? Should I e-mail it to Konami?  ;D
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: What would you think of a Silent Hill NoES mod?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 08:29:17 AM »
26 views, no replys? Come on!  >:(
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 07:36:06 PM »
As much as I like Freddy, I'd never be able to take him seriously, especially in a Survival Horror game. Just imagine the one liners... "Oh, yeah! NOW you're playing with POWER!"

If it were made, however, I'd still buy it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 07:38:08 PM by Munchy »

SymboliC

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 01:39:36 PM »

Freddy's kinda like Scooby Doo these days, they're supposed to be scary, but ain't. This generation wants more of Sadako or the like.

But hey, that was just a bit of a stereotypical opinion. I'd play a Krueger game if it kicks ass.

Tags: