Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bloodrayne Betrayal  (Read 43514 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 08:47:55 PM »
Wow, this looks very cool. And I thought Bloodrayne was dead :o
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 10:49:08 PM »
XD

I actually realized what I did only after I posted and looked it over again XD XD

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: Bloodrayne Betrayal
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 11:37:05 PM »
If anyone has other examples, feel free to share.

Batman: The Brave & the bold - the videogame (Wii)
Warioland: Shake it!
Dust: an elysian tale
Toki Arcade Remix
Rayman Origins

the last three haven't been finished yet but they sure look interesting.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 11:50:47 PM »
Never liked the Bloodrayne series, but from the looks of this THIS is a must have!!

My thoughts exactly. Day one purchase for me. I thought "why??" when I first heard news of this, but actually seeing it, it's much, much different than I imagined.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 01:29:05 AM »
There is a remake coming of Toki?
OMG, i loved that game on the Amiga. Hope it will be any good.
You always will go back to old good classic games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2011, 03:11:54 AM »
Toki was one of my most favorite games for Amiga, Genesis(Mega Drive) and Arcade version!!! I can't wait to see a video from the remake!!! ;D
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011, 02:54:19 PM »

You hear me, Konami? Kindly get your shit together. THIS is the kind of stuff we want for Castlevania.

Konami: No. *snorts five lines of coke, prepares release of Castlevania: Card Battle for iphone*

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 07:03:44 PM »
I'll second the recommendation for ODIN SPHERE. Absolutely gorgeous game!!

I heard a rumor several months ago that Muramasa: The Demon Blade will be coming to XBLA and PSN. Let's hope so :o

OMG, you serious!? I didn't like teh sword mechanics in the game, but... man that's tempting.

As for br, the older games sucked... controls were HORRID. This looks pretty cool though. Not super awesome, but not half bad.... not at all.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 02:06:58 PM »
I couldn't say what the heck is going on the screen - it's quite a mess, but I hope as soon as there will be more gameplay videos, I could finally grasp an idea of what is going on in the game. As for graphics - it looks awesome and somehow it reminds me about Castlevania (must be setting).
(click to show/hide)

I've been waiting for BR3 (closer to the awesome first game in style, because second was crap), but I am not dissapointed. Especially since it's WayForward. They Contra 4 was brilliant, so I believe they will not dissapoint with this game.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 02:15:53 PM »
I think the mess problem is actually linked to how the graphics have a lot of priority and readability issues, but the gameplay looks intriguing enough barring that. The background designs are pretty boring and not integrated well but the level designs I remember seeing hold promise.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2011, 06:09:34 PM »
Here's a small dev diary vid. If does a bit more to detail some of the gameplay elements. You can also spot a taste of some platforming (which will almost certainly be more heavily incorporated)

BloodRayne: Betrayal dev diary
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Renonsgoods

• Combat Cross Trainer
  • Vampire Hunter
  • One needs gold even in hell these days
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2011, 08:04:19 PM »
Too bad we can't get an HD 2D Vania with this level of technical prowess.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 08:55:13 PM »
Seriously, Konami needs to hire these guys ASAP to produce the next 2D Cv.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2011, 06:56:46 PM »
Seriously, Konami needs to hire these guys ASAP to produce the next 2D Cv.

I imagine the low sales of Contra 4 made them scared of WayForward or something. But these guys clearly put their hearts into what they do, and hopefully this game will be some kind of success and turn Konami's heads again. (That is, as much as one can turn his head when it is lodged firmly in his ass.)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2011, 07:58:09 PM »
I remember playing the original BloodRayne at a friend's house. It was wholly mediocre action game.

But this, this looks pretty great! I like the Belmont-like dude who gets kicked about 5 seconds in. I guess this is also WayForward's jaunty wink at the series, and looks like one of the better Could-be-vanias.

Tags: