Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017  (Read 283146 times)

Offline Guy Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Master Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017
« Reply #255 on: November 05, 2016, 07:15:59 PM »
Just wanted to say, that I loved the first one, it was by far the best CV game I have ever played  from both Konami and fan works, it was original, I loved how you could power up the whip & sub weapons.
 The  bosses  are great, very well thought out. graphics amazing. it was all great, and some levels are very creepy.
So I can't wait for this new one. If I were Konami I would hire you.

again great work really great work man.
Last son of family Belmont.

https://thebelmonthold.home.blog/

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #256 on: November 07, 2016, 04:57:53 PM »
I still can't get past that Mountain Aqueduct.  I cannot tell what is a platform and what is just background.
And, in addition, lots of enemies knock you off into the lower stories, usually right into other enemies.

Still a great game, but that stage needs some help in that section, design-wise.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #257 on: November 12, 2016, 12:42:23 AM »
+1
I beat Lecarde Chronicles 1 without death in 2015

I was not satisfied, then I did hard mode run, it took a lot of time away from me but it was enough to prove my pride. And it was my limit of what I can do... The mirror creature boss RNG element was WAY beyond human's possibility...

The second thing, I played Lecarde Chronicles 2 demo few days ago, my experience was very satisfied since there're several bugs in the WIP build and now I'm charging my power meter for the full episode
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 12:53:36 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: November 12, 2016, 06:03:26 PM »
Whoa..

Hold up a minute Aceearly1993.

I'm very happy that you enjoyed the demo. However, The Lecarde Chronicles 2 demo is extremely private and we've only shared with a few very select people. I need to know how you got it.

Did Mig share it with you?

How did you get it?
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: November 13, 2016, 05:15:04 AM »
I got the demo at the same page that contains Lecarde Chronicles 1 OST (the page was stored at my browser bookmark of my PC and one day I found it by accident)
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: November 13, 2016, 07:10:47 AM »
Yikes ok.

That's not good. I've notified Mig.

Please do not share that demo. That wasn't supposed to happen.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: November 13, 2016, 08:51:11 PM »
Mig took care of it.

Thanks for mentioning that you had the demo Aceearly1993.
We understand that there was no way for you to know that we were not sharing that.
While we hope that you didn't share it, there's no way that would of known not to.

If you did happen to share it with anyone, please message them asap and ask them not to post any videos of the game or to share it with anyone else.

I hope you had fun with it! I've played through it a few times already now.

Thanks again!

:-)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: November 13, 2016, 11:57:44 PM »
Well yeah. I was dealing with current situation yesterday and now the related files were no longer exist.
Honestly, I do enjoy the music and setting of the demo. It was like an art structure with professional performance level for me, I scarred "This would be the main deal in my future." in my mind.

I was sorry about the current situation and it was my fault that I didn't check these old links in the abandoned land of my PC  :)
Anyway, I'll keep looking forward to any properly settled information from you.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 12:01:54 AM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: November 17, 2016, 07:43:49 PM »
We got a siliconera article! Check it out!

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/11/17/original-alucard-voice-actor-reprise-role-castlevania-fan-game/

Joel got one thing wrong though. He said Douglas Rye is reprising his role as Dracula. Douglas Rye is playing the main villain, but we have not said who the character is.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #264 on: November 18, 2016, 03:14:58 AM »
Douglas Rye is playing the main villain, but we have not said who the character is.

Pointed this out for you in the comments. Hopefully the author catches it and makes an edit.

One of the guy also said most of the graphics are ripped from the games themselves. By my understanding, doesn't Mig create all the graphics from scratch?
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #265 on: November 18, 2016, 05:07:54 AM »
We got a siliconera article! Check it out!

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/11/17/original-alucard-voice-actor-reprise-role-castlevania-fan-game/

Joel got one thing wrong though. He said Douglas Rye is reprising his role as Dracula. Douglas Rye is playing the main villain, but we have not said who the character is.

I really dislike these kind of articles.
When a fangame calls too much attention, and appears in these sites, good part of times the companies faces the fangames as a threat to your IPs, and take it down.
I dont know about it, but I sincerely hopes that Konami is fully OK with the production of this game, as a example, SEGA took down Streets of rage Remake, even if that game being free  :-\

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: November 18, 2016, 06:51:49 AM »
None of the graphics are ripped. Mig works his ass off to make new graphics from scratch.

Some characters are heavily inspired and re-drawn. Obviously Alucard and a few enemies resemble their sprites from past games. But they are all re-drawn and made anew. It's just like when I rebuild a classic CV song from the ground up. It follows the structure and is the same song, but is made anew through my methods and tools. People don't hear battle of the Holy and then accuse me of ripping the whole ost. It's the same thing. Some people see these sprites and don't realize that and assume it's all ripped. This is extremely frustrating because I know how much work Mig has done and continues to do to make this games graphics.

I encourage anyone who knows the truth about how hard Mig works and what an amazingly talented and devoted artist and developer he is to set these kind of comments straight. He's offered up his hard work for free for 20 years and he deserves to be backed up.

We are not out to make money on this game. We are also taking great care to honor CV and make a game that celebrates its legacy and doesn't tarnish it. We are operating with care and the desire to make as many CV fans aware of this game as possible because it is for all of the fans. Kojima gave us word from Konami that we can proceed as long as we stay non profit. We must forge ahead with that info.

There is always a risk in the realm of fan games.
But Konami has been aware of us for over 6 months.

Our intentions are good and we are transparent with info and incredibly passionate and hard working. We will continue with those ethics and hope for the best!

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 07:57:06 AM by Belmontoya »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #267 on: November 18, 2016, 08:21:18 AM »
Some characters are heavily inspired and re-drawn. Obviously Alucard and a few enemies resemble their sprites from past games. But they are all re-drawn and made anew. It's just like when I rebuild a classic CV song from the ground up. It follows the structure and is the same song, but is made anew through my methods and tools. People don't hear battle of the Holy and then accuse me of ripping the whole ost. It's the same thing. Some people see these sprites and don't realize that and assume it's all ripped. This is extremely frustrating because I know how much work Mig has done and continues to do to make this games graphics.

See, that's what I thought, since browsing his site, beneath every game is a disclaimer that none of the sprites are ripped and made from scratch. I figured it would be the same for this one.

I pointed it out to the person I saw say it was ripped.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: November 18, 2016, 09:37:24 AM »
None of the graphics are ripped. Mig works his ass off to make new graphics from scratch.

I encourage anyone who knows the truth about how hard Mig works and what an amazingly talented and devoted artist and developer he is to set these kind of comments straight. He's offered up his hard work for free for 20 years and he deserves to be backed up.

We are not out to make money on this game. We are also taking great care to honor CV and make a game that celebrates its legacy and doesn't tarnish it. We are operating with care and the desire to make as many CV fans aware of this game as possible because it is for all of the fans. Kojima gave us word from Konami that we can proceed as long as we stay non profit. We must forge ahead with that info.

There is always a risk in the realm of fan games.
But Konami has been aware of us for over 6 months.

Our intentions are good and we are transparent with info and incredibly passionate and hard working. We will continue with those ethics and hope for the best!

Well said  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: November 18, 2016, 09:42:42 AM »
See, that's what I thought, since browsing his site, beneath every game is a disclaimer that none of the sprites are ripped and made from scratch. I figured it would be the same for this one.

I pointed it out to the person I saw say it was ripped.

Thank you!

We really appreciate that.

anything