Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017  (Read 283202 times)

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017
« Reply #315 on: December 17, 2016, 03:56:03 AM »
We all had a chance to talk about the game a little with Joel.

http://dlvr.it/MvPRhn

And just be clear. At one point he asked us why we're going to such lengths to make a free game. I gave one reason that we could easily do an original and we have some planned but we really wanted to make a new 2D CV game. I said there at a lot of Castlevania-like games out there, but when it's not CV it's not the same.

Let me clarify that I in no way meant that as a jab at bloodstained! I'm excited as hell for bloodstained and it's place as a spiritual successor to cv. Bloodstained wasn't even in my mind when I wrote that. I was thinking of another Castlevania-like game we are working on called Wallachia that originally started as a cv clone and then morphed into more of its own thing.

Just want to clarify because I can see that someone took it that way!

It's horrifying to me for anyone to think I would take a jab at bloodstained. The game looks amazing and they are great people.

I've saw the thing that you're refering about.
Some guys dont understand the intention of making a fan game like this.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 04:18:02 AM by eryson »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #316 on: December 17, 2016, 12:01:03 PM »
Almost everybody nowadays is quick to jump to conclusions. They don't think about what they've read before typing in their responses in order to get their comments out first before the next guy. It is truly a sad state of human affairs and behaviour, and it show a lack of responsibility, wisdom, and intellectualism.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #317 on: December 18, 2016, 09:26:17 AM »
To be fair, if I hadn't already known Belmontoya from all the time spent on this forum, I would've come to the same conclusion, too. Sure, I wouldn't have been all "durr durr you hate bloodstained", but if I didn't already know him, I would've thought he were referring to Bloodstained as well.

You gotta remember that not everybody who comments on places like Siliconera hangs out on message boards like this one. We all knew what Belmontoya meant by his comment, but randoms on the internet don't know him as well as people on this forum do.

Comments like "I bet Komani has given his blessing only to divert some of the attention from fans who await the Bloodstained..." are the ones that bother me particularly because they just don't make any sense. lol
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #318 on: December 18, 2016, 10:58:31 AM »
Yeah you're right Claimh.

When I read back on it I could see how people could draw that conclusion too. That's why I wanted to clarify with the post I made here. I communicate with a couple people involved with Bloodstained and consider them friends. We would be honored to sweep the floors of the offices Iga and his team work.

Just goes to show that I have to be extremely careful with the way I phrase things in interviews to make sure they are not misconstrued.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #319 on: December 20, 2016, 03:25:19 AM »
(click to show/hide)

I just got an unusual way to counter it (sort of): Run the game in windowed mode and press Ctrl+Y to adjust the keyboard mapping of direction buttons. (It may be the universal adjust trigger for all games built up on the engine. It also works on LC1 but here it can't adjust the function buttons, only directtion buttons work. (Maybe they're not upgraded to their current LC2 format)
Still, I feel the keyboard setting is not very "user friendly" and it means a lot: Potential players would refuse this game if the situation keeps the present state
If fully functional keyboard mapping is in place in the current development state then all of my worry will gone

This is like 5% of the game you've played in the demo here and it's a relic that you've all managed to obtain early. Please keep in mind the context that this is a small demo. I've watched the entire game up to its current place of development be played and that relic was used constantly.
OK, since it labeled LV.1 I think maybe the wind relic will get several chance to upgrade...Will it be a constant change to the relic?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 04:07:48 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #320 on: December 22, 2016, 05:54:42 PM »
I'd love to try it, but I'm running Linux. ;-;
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #321 on: December 28, 2016, 04:02:23 AM »
hay Mig i was thinking your games looked like the old HAUNTED CASTLE 2 and 3 games i played back in the day tried to look them back up and seen you did make them games too very cool so i was wondering if you ever made HAUNTED CASTLE 3 Trevor's quest to work on newer pcs?

i never did get to beat it and it was a very fun game i'd like to play it again even if you didn't get it to run on newer pcs can i have the game i might buy a cheap pc just so i can play that game thanks man and can't wait till your new game is out  ;D

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: December 29, 2016, 07:54:05 AM »
Well the demo kinda worked in WINE, and I honestly think it's too difficult for it's own good. Like, TMNT 1 for the NES too difficult.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #323 on: December 29, 2016, 10:40:50 AM »
Well the demo kinda worked in WINE, and I honestly think it's too difficult for it's own good. Like, TMNT 1 for the NES too difficult.

Too difficult for its own good? Really?

Have you ever played any pre SOTN CV game?

The difficulty of LC2 will be balanced between classic cv games and metriodvanias. It will not be a cakewalk that you can just grind through. There are actual playforming challenges here. But it will also be more forgiving than classic cv through save points and upgrades.

The bottom line is that we have some people saying it's too hard, and we have other people breezing through it and posting videos.

There is no perfect difficulty level that will work for everyone. There can only be the difficulty level we think is appropriate and reasonable.

Apologies if that doesn't line up with what you want. But we have to make a game that challenges and interests us. I think mig has the right balance.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 11:00:30 AM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: December 29, 2016, 11:02:16 AM »
git gud casul

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #325 on: December 29, 2016, 03:45:54 PM »
 I't seems that the guys want a game that you can finish entirely in the first gameplay.  :-\

In my first experience with the demo, i've thought that the game was hard, but i bought the equips in shop, learned how the boss behaves, and now it's a easy adventure.

This "learn to win" pace of the game seems very enjoyable to me.  :D

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #326 on: December 29, 2016, 03:53:33 PM »
For Xbox Controllers, D-Pads are read as POV hatches/Switches if that helps.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #327 on: December 29, 2016, 04:26:14 PM »
Too difficult for its own good? Really?

Have you ever played any pre SOTN CV game?

The difficulty of LC2 will be balanced between classic cv games and metriodvanias. It will not be a cakewalk that you can just grind through. There are actual playforming challenges here. But it will also be more forgiving than classic cv through save points and upgrades.

The bottom line is that we have some people saying it's too hard, and we have other people breezing through it and posting videos.

There is no perfect difficulty level that will work for everyone. There can only be the difficulty level we think is appropriate and reasonable.

Apologies if that doesn't line up with what you want. But we have to make a game that challenges and interests us. I think mig has the right balance.

I think the difficulty is great. There are too many games these days where you just walk through the whole game and rarely ever die.
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #328 on: December 29, 2016, 04:46:43 PM »
I thought the game was difficult, but it wasn't unfairly difficult once I learned the mechanics.  I see no issue with the difficulty.  Just balance a few things with the controls and some other areas that's already been mentioned and all will be fine.  Seriously, I've played Dark Souls, Bloodborne and Ghosts 'n Goblins...the difficulty is fine.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #329 on: December 30, 2016, 06:43:48 AM »
It's not a a balance between Metroidvania and Classic. That's honestly much harder than anything I've seen. IMO, CastleVania 3 is the perfect difficulty, and this is quite a bit harder. Not because of enemy placement, but a lot of it has to do with the physics and the way the platforms move among other small things (like the purple enemies that shoot the three orbs in a row.

anything