Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017  (Read 283378 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017
« Reply #360 on: January 01, 2017, 11:03:33 PM »
Someone said that it works on Windows 8.

Works fine with windows XP as well since that's what I had at the time I first played Haunted Castle 3.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #361 on: January 02, 2017, 08:43:22 PM »
+2
I'd like to apologize in general for losing my cool on here and being erratic.

I hope some of you can understand that when you work very, very hard for a long time on something, you can become sensitive about it.

I'm human after, and I'm not perfect.

What I really mean by "not interacting" is that I don't think it's productive for me to respond on gameplay related issues or really anything that doesn't have to do with music and voice.

I would like to be able to continue to post updates, without responding to follow up questions.

We want you (the players) to be able to speak your mind without the fear of upsetting anyone involved with the game. I've tried to remain neutral but it seems that I do have a point where I crack. Maybe it's just stress, I don't know. But I think having an ongoing role in the open discussion is something I don't need to take part in.

Aside from Mig engaging you all when he can, I will act as an updater communicating one way.
I do have some fun updates in my departments that I'd like to share with you all.

If anyone has questions for me or anything else, you can always PM me.

I really do appreciate you guys (even Bloo).

I want to stress again to anyone interested to follow us on twitter!

twitter.com/migami_games

The worst monsters are human.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #362 on: January 02, 2017, 11:15:05 PM »
Welcome back  :)

I gave the demo a play-through and while some parts were difficult, they were not unreasonable. I had more trouble with LC1. I must have burned through the demo game in about...say...20 minutes? That's a rough estimate on my part. But I guess I was really hungry for some oldschool CV. The only thing I would like to relay to Mig is the control options. I had the freedom to input my own buttons (YES!! But I'm still looking at you LC1, lol.) however I could not use the D-Pad. It was fixed-set to the analogue stick. That's about my only real concern. The game is great and I look forward to you guys finishing it.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #363 on: January 03, 2017, 10:10:41 AM »
+1
Have a look at the portrait of Alucard from the booklet of The Lecarde Chronicles 2 by Nell Fallcard.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:17:30 AM by Belmontoya »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #364 on: January 03, 2017, 12:25:57 PM »
Yes can we PLEASE get the D Pad thing resolved?

Both this and LC1 where great games but I hate playing my CV games with a analog stick lol, just flat out does not feel right at all, would love to be able to use the d pad instead.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #365 on: January 03, 2017, 10:53:29 PM »
Have a look at the portrait of Alucard from the booklet of The Lecarde Chronicles 2 by Nell Fallcard.

That's really good! Alucard more/less resembles his SotN official art. He's not over-the-top pretty boy-ish as I've seen other artists do, nor is he too youthful/child-like looking as is his image on your profile. Al's right where he needs to be in terms of looks.

Offline RichterBelmont12

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • RichterBelmont12's Let's Play Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #366 on: January 04, 2017, 02:38:00 PM »
I have Played the Demo and I am loving what i've seen soo far I do have some things I didn't like and stuff but I've addressed them in a Let's Play I've done.

Mig and everyone who is working on this Keep up the great work this will be a full Let's Play when the game comes out.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 09:25:45 PM by RichterBelmont12 »

Offline XombieMike

• Hunter in Training
  • I'm interested in this
    • Bloodstained Fan Forums
    • Awards
« Reply #367 on: January 04, 2017, 08:53:41 PM »
Shared over on the Bloodstained forums. I wish I would have known sooner tonight, as now I must wait to play this until tomorrow after work.

I love that Alucard art!
XombieMike- DM of the Castlevania Ravenloft RPG
admin at bloodstained.forums.net

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #368 on: January 07, 2017, 04:37:20 AM »
Decided to give this a try, though I have two small issues (and they apply to the first game, too).

- Is there a way to force the ingame resolution to go above 480p? I'm not looking for bleeding HD quality, but I'm getting awful overscan on my screen; we're talking I can't even see the full HP numbers in full, and for the first game, I can't even see the bar at all...

- Is there any way to customize controls in-game? Playing a sidescroller with an analog stick is almost a non-starter for me, especially considering that subweapons are usually used by holding up.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #369 on: January 07, 2017, 05:07:07 AM »
Decided to give this a try, though I have two small issues (and they apply to the first game, too).

- Is there a way to force the ingame resolution to go above 480p? I'm not looking for bleeding HD quality, but I'm getting awful overscan on my screen; we're talking I can't even see the full HP numbers in full, and for the first game, I can't even see the bar at all...

- Is there any way to customize controls in-game? Playing a sidescroller with an analog stick is almost a non-starter for me, especially considering that subweapons are usually used by holding up.

1 - Press 3# on the keyboard to change the resolution of game program
2 - The demo can customize control in game if you're using PC usb controller in the game control setting (some controllers may not support) If you are keyboard user the situation would be more complex: In windowed mode (press Alt+enter to switch to) , press ctrl+Y to change controls of keyboard
3 - It's only a WIP build demo so maybe it will be more user-friendly in full version...I guess
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 05:10:20 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #370 on: January 11, 2017, 02:21:19 AM »
Thanks everybody, I finally get my eyes to Haunted Castle 3's final stages. I'll post another thread if anyone still has interest in  Haunted Castle 3.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #371 on: January 11, 2017, 04:41:13 AM »
Thanks everybody, I finally get my eyes to Haunted Castle 3's final stages. I'll post another thread if anyone still has interest in  Haunted Castle 3.

sure we can talk about the game i myself just killed Shaft in the underground water way now getting a quick lvl from that zombie that hit you and takes 200 hps but he gives a good 300 exp so kill him get my 18 lvl and move deeper in to the catacombs very fun game love it took a week off from playing it but just started back playing right before i made this post

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #372 on: January 12, 2017, 02:25:04 PM »
I'm checking in today to let you guys know that progress on the game is going wonderfully and the main game is just about finished. Mig will be spending a lot of time refining the game and addressing certain issues that have been brought up by the players. The game will be better because of your feedback, so thank you very much to you all!

We will be grinding big time over the next months but we are on schedule to the release the game in April. There is a small chance that Alucard mode might be released shortly after as DLC. This could also be a nice way to have more time to expand on that feature. But we are sticking to April for the main games release as this is an important date to Mig for personal reasons.

We will also start talking more about our next game, Wallachia. Mig has his eyes set on a 2018 release date for that game. And there will be many exciting things about it to discuss. It will focus on the real history of Vlad the Impaler, it will feature glorified weaponry and realistic enemies as opposed to fictitious monsters. We also plan for the game to be similar to SCV4 in gameplay, but with many unique twists.

One of my daughters favorite things to do is draw and color. She likes to have me sit with her and draw a picture and then we trade them when they are finished. She's also been practicing her skills with the LC2 demo! I doodled this portrait of Efrain the other day with colored pencils. I'm afraid I'm no Nell Fallcard, but I do enjoy to sketch! I got a pretty awesome portrait of Sara and Duck from my 5 year old in return! :-)

If anyone else would like to do some artwork of Lecarde Chronicles characters for fun, please share them here! We would love to see it!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #373 on: January 12, 2017, 05:31:30 PM »
That's a nice pic  :)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #374 on: January 29, 2017, 06:23:17 PM »
+1
Update!

Nell has completed the artwork for the game!

We would like to share the portrait of Constance d'Albaret. Footage of her can be seen at the end of the trailer for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht-IL7eccrE&t=10s

There will be many more portraits shared with the release of the game in April. We might share a little more music from the game sometime in March.

Alucard mode could end up being shared as DLC shortly following the release of the game. Please follow us on twitter for more updates!

https://twitter.com/migami_games

If you have yet to check it out, please download the demo of the game!

the-mig-page.wifeo.com

Please help spread the word to more Castlevania fans that April soon approaches and that a new Castlevania challenge awaits them!

We really appreciate those of you who have been posting your "let's play" videos of the game. It's helpful to see the experiences players have in action.

Thank you all!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 06:25:29 PM by Belmontoya »