Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017  (Read 285765 times)

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017
« Reply #435 on: April 05, 2017, 03:40:23 PM »
Allow me to address you guys directly on the Alucard main game issue.

Mig and I discussed this at length well over a year ago. I agree with you guys and I would like to see Alucard playable as a bonus in the main game as well.

As some of you may have noticed, Mig is able to create games alone very efficiently and quickly. This is because he is very disciplined. He makes goals, sets time frames, and sticks to them. It's one of the main reasons I love working with him.

His vision for the main game of LC2 is very specific to Efrain. Swapping him out for Alucard presents numerous problems and complications.

For example:

*The game text would have to be changed

*The levels may have to be redesigned because we weren't sure how we feel about Alucard using ropes and rings to lug around when he can turn into a bat. But giving him that power would break the game.

*Valuable time would have to be spent balancing the 2 characters.

It became impossible to promise a main game run for Alucard and stick to our schedule and plan. We originally only planned him as a NPC. We decided to add boss rush because we knew fans would want to play as him and it could be more easily balanced.

We wanted to add Alucard to expand on his relationship with Lecardes. It was originally meant to be a small cameo, and then we started getting voice actors. We wanted to add more content for him after we started working with the wonderful Mr. Belgrade.

We are well poised to do more with him because he created all new Alucard battle sounds for the boss rush mode.

So I am wanting to see the main game happen or something like it just as much as you guys but we will have to see if it's something Mig is willing to reconsider.

He's done an incredible amount of work and he deserves a break. But he might consider something like this down the road as DLC. It's up to him and we're also both eager to work on our next project.

But we hope you guys enjoy the game as we originally have intended for it to be released! While Alucard is a part of it, this is Efrains journey.

We hear you guys. But we hope you will enjoy the game as it is when it's released!

We'll see what Mig decides in the future.

Thanks everyone!

thanks and i will enjoy the main game i know like i said as for the boss rush just not my thing i'm big on story even if Alucard didn't have no text in the main game i'd still kinda see it as a story in my own head lol i hope that makes scents to you but far as a boss rush made never played them in any Castlevania game or any game but for zelda cause they made me too to get the best shield :P also was part of the story kinda.

but i do hope down the road he might want to make a Alucard mode as DLC would be bad ass idc if he's over powered kinda like if you beat the game anyway you should be able to go back and play again and do what you want or if you made him under powered like he lost his vamperic powers and have to swing on ropes and chains like any other man ether way but understand if he don't just wish he would like you:P

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #436 on: April 05, 2017, 04:41:03 PM »
+1
Personally, I'm glad to see the game take more of a direction all its own, rather than being a 100% straight up fan-game.  I think fan-games are great and all, but I really do appreciate when people try to make a creation stand on its own legs as much as possible.

As a fellow game designer, I can 100% agree with all points made on Alucard not being a playable character in the main story.  I'm sure had you had Robert Belgrade on board from the start, it may have been a different scenario.  But I do commend you for the boss rush cameo.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #437 on: April 05, 2017, 05:25:13 PM »
For the argue about Alucard, I'll respect developer's final idea anyway. I do trust Mig can handle existing problem/ important decision better if our voice can be gathered by him properly, and I do have confidence there would be awesomeness one after another in the full game.

But

What's the current situation with control adjust screen? Will it be polished enough to make it more user-friendly? It's the most important core of my worrying from my older replies till now and there's no clear answer we can got as the info what I kept in track till today.

I still can't hear a proper reply from you, my dearest friends. After all these days.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #438 on: April 05, 2017, 06:35:32 PM »
For the argue about Alucard, I'll respect developer's final idea anyway. I do trust Mig can handle existing problem/ important decision better if our voice can be gathered by him properly, and I do have confidence there would be awesomeness one after another in the full game.

But

I still can't hear a proper reply from you, my dearest friends. After all these days.

I thought the following post addressed it...

Hi everybody,

I'm working hard to finish the game. Basically the game is over but i need some polish more. i think it will be under beta test the next week or the other one. I do not exepect too much bugs; most of them have been detected and corrected after the demo's release.
The game will be available in late April ( sooner for the contributors ).
-There are some changes:
-Added a jumping diagonal attack
-Candles hit boxe increased
- "Moonwalk" with two opposite keys pressed corrected
-The game sometimes sent to the main screen after a continue! Corrected
-I'm going to still work on the video modes selection.
-I'm going to try something to detect the pad of the xbox controllers but it may clash with other controllers tools. So if it is, please understand that is very easy to set up joy2key to get the x box pad fully working.

I have spent 3 weeks setting up the  5 translations.
thnks so much to:

-Jorge Fuentes   SPANISH
-Shiroi Koumori JAPANESE
-Joern Wunderlich  GERMAN
-Davide Mascolo ITALIAN

It was a big work.
(i made the french one myself ;) =

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #439 on: April 06, 2017, 12:39:11 AM »
Well what I'm still worrying is how the control adjust screen look like now, and its current function. Honestly I have prepared for the worst and receive all possible situation; but hangs this most important detail/spec permanently even at several weeks before release will increase people's distrust towards the game quality.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 12:41:50 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #440 on: April 06, 2017, 12:54:02 AM »
I really don't see the problem here.

Even if he sticks with the mapping options from LC1 I don't see the problem. I found the mapping layout explanations to be fine then.

Of course, everyone's got their own thoughts and opinions, but even then Mig would just be tearing his hair out if he tried to make a setup that made everybody happy. That's not gonna happen. Somebody's gonna have a problem with it regardless of what he does.

And all the same, I don't necessarily think it's the doom of the game (like you're treating it) if he doesn't have it that way. Unless the playerbase suddenly suffers massive IQ drops and becomes too stupid to figure out the controls by pressing buttons and seeing which does what, I don't think it's that big an issue if the controls mapping setup isn't detailed down to the tiniest aspect.

Certainly a really stupid thing to "distrust" the project over, though. I'm sure Mig and crew really appreciate the notion that every other aspect of hard work they've done clearly doesn't matter at all since the control options setup seems to determine how good or bad the game is. How silly they must feel having done all that work, only for people to inherently doubt and mistrust their game's quality all because the setup for controls isn't "right."

If the sarcasm's not sinking in (entirely possible, tone and text and all that), I'm basically saying it's a valid thing to be concerned about, but playing it off like everyone's gonna just doubt and dislike and not trust the value of the entire project because of it is stupid. It'd have to be on-par with Jekyll and Hyde NES or E.T. Atari in terms of shittiness for it to hold the amount of weight you're acting like it does.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 01:08:52 AM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #441 on: April 06, 2017, 02:00:49 AM »
Well...probably I held more-than-regular extra concern back to when receiving demo review and stuff from my friends. I myself didn't have problem since I'm able to counter control issues by using different pads, but the negative attitude from my friends were never changed... (they though adjusting would be too much complex - probably because they were keyboard-only users and can't know a detailed current situation about control adjust screen) Sorry
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 02:15:42 AM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #442 on: April 06, 2017, 12:37:38 PM »
YAY: #castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles 2 will be available April 26th! Help spread the word! #gamedev #indiedev

https://twitter.com/migami_games

Offline DarkDiablo1995

• Hunter in Training
  • Novice Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #443 on: April 06, 2017, 02:52:40 PM »
YAY: #castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles 2 will be available April 26th! Help spread the word! #gamedev #indiedev

That makes this a belated birthday present for me. Woot! *raises a glass of wine* Here's to smashing monsters as a Lecarde again :D
"Ignore a Morris at your own peril, pal. We're not Belmonts, but we can still make your plans go awry like it's no big deal."

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #444 on: April 06, 2017, 06:00:28 PM »

that gives me some time to finish the new Zelda anyway still got 21 shrines left done 99 and not going to do the 900 seeds lol
then i'll go kill Ganon and be done but also just started playing the BS Zelda with the MSU voice dub over on them two games on my wii u
so like to fininsh at least BS Zelda and Zelda AST before i start a new game maybe doable by the 26 :P
also been working on my own Link the past MSU pack i did make a video if anybody wants to see it I'll post it:P
if you don't know MSU is a way to replace a games music with real cd audio very cool i'm not a hacker i'm just piggy backing off someone elses MSU pack they is a way to edit music so any song will load up in a pack
love to find a MSU hack for SNES Dracula X or Super Castlevania 4 would be bad ass to add in some bad ass music to them games anyway can't wait to play LC2 :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkmFoxd7fW0&t=2s

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #445 on: April 06, 2017, 11:45:48 PM »

Whoa the following months would be my Super Hype time with so many stuff to be settled XD

I start to wonder if the actual game length fit a possibly marathon run  :P I'm always ready

Greetings vampire killers!

Quick update!

The game is being beta tested and it is going very well!

Good news to Xbox controller users as the issues experienced with those specific controllers in the demo have been resolved. There should be no problems with using the D pad.

We will be announcing the specific release date soon. It will be towards the end of the month.

This month you can expect a vast world to explore, moody dark atmospheres, a variety of puzzles, loads of music, and hours and hours of challenges. The wait is almost over Castlevania fans. Be prepared!

Thank you for your encouragement and support!

We will create a separate thread for discussing our next game, Wallachia Reign of Dracula. We actually worked on that game for a year before we started LC2. But we will be changing a lot about it and it will be useful to have a thread for you all to share your thoughts as we build our own original universe for that game. You can see an image of the protagonists created by Nell Fallcard on our twitter. She will be designing the main characters and creating the illustrations for the game as she did for LC2. It will star Kira Buckland and Robert Belgrade. That is all we are sharing for now!

Thank you all for your patience. The wait is almost over...

Glad to hear beta test went very well! Though my worrying can only be eased when I see the current control adjust screen...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:58:30 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Offline Migami Games

• http://the-mig-page.wifeo.com/
  • Vampire Hunter
  • https://twitter.com/migami_games
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #446 on: April 07, 2017, 12:02:43 PM »
That's right folks!

Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles 2 will be available April 26th 2017 at 3pm GMT.

Feel free to help us spread the word by posting the news anywhere and everywhere. It's greatly appreciated.

Thank you for all of your support!
We are thrilled to finally get to share our work with you all!

Have a nice weekend!

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #447 on: April 08, 2017, 08:40:00 AM »
This is shaping up to be a very interesting year for Castlevania fans after all~
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #448 on: April 08, 2017, 06:44:29 PM »
I don't know what game I'll be playing come April 26... but I do know I'll drop it in favor of this, no questions asked.  8)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #449 on: April 21, 2017, 03:52:39 PM »
+4
In five days we raise a glass, and you guys get a new Castlevania game!

Thank you to all of our contributors!

I would like to give a special thanks to Uzo, ThePlotTwist, Dracula9, Shiroi, and Jorge.
You guys all went above and beyond for us and we greatly appreciate it.

Thanks to those of you who have followed us and given us encouragement throughout the project. Your kind words have been great motivation!

We are done! ????

The worst monsters are human.

anything