Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Castletoria" - In Development!  (Read 138841 times)

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: "Castle of Nightmares" - DEMO INCLUDED!
« Reply #210 on: January 24, 2015, 01:21:10 AM »
Hello everyone!!! I am still alive and back on track!

I made a transition from Game Maker 8.1 to Game Maker Studio! And it is not pleasant! It is an actual HELL! However I made some pretty huge changes!

1. Now the game runs at full screen! I have changed it to fit all resolutions! Well it will be displayed in a letterbox on most monitors but that is ok (you will have black boarders on top or bottom or both). The most important thing is that the pixels are perfect! :)

2. I had to make a new saving system using ini files. This almost made me cry :D I am still configuring it so it will take me at least 2 days.

3. There are no sounds in the game right now because GM:S is kind of picky about this but I will figure it out. If no external sounds I will make then internal sounds and that is that!

The main reason why I moved to Studio is because there are crashes in windows 8 if many sounds are played at once. I hope everything goes well because there are many bugs left to be fixed.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2015, 06:48:59 PM »
It's been a while however I had a feeling you've not given up your project.  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: January 26, 2015, 06:40:57 AM »
It's been a while however I had a feeling you've not given up your project.  :)

Nope :) I just wanted my game to be compatible with all Windows-es :D And the new saving system will allow that. Now I only need to complete the teleporting system interface and the second boss for the Castle park Area.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2015, 06:59:28 AM »
Nice to hear from you, can't wait for a new update! :)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2015, 06:57:00 AM »
Can you make a vid showing some of the new updates?

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: February 18, 2015, 11:14:49 PM »
Can you make a vid showing some of the new updates?

I will but I have so many things to make right now. I am also thinking about rebindable keys but I have no idea how to make it work without problems. I do not update because I have so little time to actually do something. The biggest achievement was to move from GM 8.1 to GM: S and still a laptop with Intel hdgraphics 3000 just freeze the game probably because this model video cards do not support a specific shaders.

Let's hope that from now on it will smooth sailing :D

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
Re: "Castle of Nightmares" - In Development!
« Reply #216 on: March 01, 2015, 01:58:08 AM »
I have a very big request for you guys!

Could you download the demo of the game and play around for a while. I want to see if there will be any problems on other computers.

The problem is the following. The game runs slowly on a old PC that is 2 gigs of ram, nvidia 256 mb card, 2 core with windows 8.1 32 bit. When I installed windows 7 64 bit the game runs better.

And on one laptop with IntelHD 3000 graphics the game runs very bad and freezes but I guess that is because of the lod model of graphic cards. On every other machine I tested the game it runs perfectly. Sooo I want you guys to help me and test it for any slow down issues. If you reach the "end" of the game you will get a crash but that is ok!!!

Here is the link. It is in bulgarian but don't worry just click on the name of the file (which is only one) and you can download it.

See the EDIT2 note below :)

Also I have some othe rinformation for you and you people seem very knowledgable I hope you can explain some things for me!

Here are the tests:

1. My laptop - OS Windows 7 - 4 gigs of ram, 2 core, nvidia graphic card 512 ram, desktop resolution 1280x800 (the game is scaled 2 times) - The result is that my game runs perfectly!

2. PC - Windows 8.1 - 2 gigs of ram, 2 core, nvidia card with 256 ram, desktop is with 1400x900 (the game is scaled 3 times) - the game runs but a little slow. IF I lower the resolution so it will be 1280x800 the game runs perfectly!

3. Laptop - Windows 7 - 4 gigs of ram, 2 core, intelHD 3000 graphics card, desktop is 1280x800 (the game is scaled 2 times) - the game runs and them slows after 3-4 seconds and freezes ... aaand that's it :D

4. PC - windows XP - 3 gigs of ram , 2 core, ati card with 256 ram, desktop 1400x900 (game scaled 3 times) - the game runs perfectly!

5. PC - windows 7, 8 gigs of ram,  4 core, nvidia card 1 GB, desktop full HD (game scaled 3 times) - game runs perfectly!!!

Any help is appreciated!!!

EDIT: I just got some help and there is no more slowdown on the weak 2 gb ram PC. I have yet to test on the laptop with the intelHD 3000 graphic card.

EDIT2: Here is the newest demo for testing the compatibility :) The speed is fixed here!
http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=a09331112e
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 08:14:41 AM by Zuljaras »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2015, 08:42:32 AM »
Runs perfectly, on my Win 8.1 laptop. It just crashed when I fell into a pit in the Castle Gardens (but I recall you said you didn't finish this area ^^).

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: March 01, 2015, 08:50:11 AM »
Runs perfectly, on my Win 8.1 laptop. It just crashed when I fell into a pit in the Castle Gardens (but I recall you said you didn't finish this area ^^).

Yes :) It should crash on 3 places. Going on the first UP in the castle park, going down in the castle part I think the 3 or 4th room and finally going all the way up the castle garden towers.

Those are amazing news :)

Just a little update! I need just a little more to fully implement customizable controls so you won't be locked with my configuration only!

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2015, 07:30:11 AM »
So I've made the custom key binding! It is tricky. For example in the key bind menu (you can see it below) you can change all they keys that are used in the game however in that specific menu your controls will always be the same - the arrows for the directions and "Enter" for selecting they you want to change. I also made some limitations for keys that nobody binds and when you press them they will unbind and that is how you will know they are invalid keys (they will have the text "No Key!").

They graphics for this are NOT final. This is just for tesating.

I have also made a 2-handed hammer weapon that when hitting the ground it will crush it and debris will appear drom the impact (rocks :D).

PS: The screenshot is the actual size/graphics on 1280x800 resolution monitor :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:32:02 AM by Zuljaras »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: March 26, 2015, 05:16:12 AM »
That's a great idea, nice job. Now even with different keyboards, playing this game will be easier. :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: March 26, 2015, 09:53:09 AM »
Sweet! Definitely more people creating fanworks need to take the time to implement button configs in their projects.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline AuraTeam

• Hunter in Training
  • God cooked my dinner once again
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 2nd Place 2015 -  Christmas Award 2nd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #222 on: April 01, 2015, 10:04:21 AM »
I like your game because i know how much difficult is to develop a game with Game Maker  :P ;D
can i get your FB account, We can help each other in game developing  :)

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: May 01, 2015, 07:19:10 AM »
Guys I have a question for you. Do you think I should drop the mouse support for the game? Right now you could use the mouse and the keyboard to control the game. The mouse is only for navigating throught the menus.

Should I drop the mouse support so I could focus more on the other functions of the game?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: May 01, 2015, 10:13:22 AM »
You could have the option to implement both if you wanted. I think for those who want to use a keyboard then having the mouse for menu navigation would be the best course. But for those of use who want to use controllers then the mouse is not needed for that. I guess what I'm trying to say is this:

Keyboard config - keyboard + mouse

Controller config - Controller.

That's about it really.