Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Osama is dead  (Read 10989 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 06:38:18 AM »
U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!!

As much as we completely disagree all the time, I can't say nay to that.

U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!! U.S.A.!!!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 07:55:44 AM »
I heard he was buried at sea. Hmmm...hope they took some pictures of the body before they disposed of it, as morbid as that sounds. At least then we'll know for 100% sure he bought it :/

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 08:09:02 AM »
Ok, so first of all,
OBAMA GOT OSAMA, OBAMA GOT OSAMA!!
WELL DONE, CONGRATULATIONS!!
That's the best news I've heard in a while.

Second of all,

It's about DAMN time!! He's been hiding from justice for how long, 20 years now?
As far as I know, Bin laden was the most wanted man on the planet even before September 11 2001, even though 9/11 made him so well-known.
Since then, though, I think Osama has been much more a symbol than an actual leader. That's why taking him out has been a thing of honor rather than anything else.

Sindra is right in here, you can be certain that even though Osama's dead, his legacy would, unfortunately, live on.
I think it's ironic and awesome at the same time that President Obama is the one who'll get the credit for taking out Osama. After all, he IS the first black president and is often critisized (by assholes) because of that. So he is a living symbol of equality and democracy, while Osama was a symbol of terrorism and religious coercion.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 09:21:16 AM by Citizen Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 08:18:21 AM »
"you can be certain that even though Obama's dead"

Dude....

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 08:41:08 AM »
A lot of people seem to make that typo frequently, myself included.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 08:55:50 AM »
Yeah, I know. Hell, I do it myself every now and then...it's a difference of one letter, pretty easy to make. x_x

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 09:22:53 AM »
Oops! Sorry. Fixed. I'm an ass.  ;D
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 09:24:46 AM »
I heard he was buried at sea. Hmmm...hope they took some pictures of the body before they disposed of it, as morbid as that sounds. At least then we'll know for 100% sure he bought it :/

They adhered to Islamic tradition of burying the body immediately, probably by cremation and scattering the ashes at sea. Even though Bin Laden was the most hated man in our country, they did credit to the ideals of Islam as a whole.....as well as doing so ASAP more than likely in order to stem the possibility of any efforts by Bin Laden's forces to attempt to retake the body and cause more attacks.

This won't stop terrorism. There's always someone else waiting to step up and take over, and yes this very well may give way to retaliation. However, terrorists will use any excuse to spread hate and violence and would just as well do so because its a Monday rather than Bin Laden dying by our troops. That won't change. You can be cautious, but still manage a high-five to your buddies and a collective fist-pump for America while doing so. I don't condone the idiots who are throwing parties and making this a huge spectacle in a show of overly-ignorant "patriotism", but there is no reason our nation can't share a moment of unity in finally knowing one of the bogeymen of our generation is finally gone for good.

Plus Twitter and Facebook were damn hilarious last night after the news broke.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 10:22:42 AM »
You're quite right, Sindra. IMO I think it's admirable they disposed of the body so quickly. However, I was just thinkin' that unless they took pictures, people will still doubt whether or not we got Bin Ladin...I've heard people say we just faked the whole thing. I get the feeling he might remain a "boogeyman" unless we actuall see photos of his corpse with the hole in his head. T_T

Offline Ridureyu

• A boomerang to the head cooled my jets.
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Osama is dead
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 10:51:45 AM »
Conspiracy theory e-mails are already filling my inbox.  I am sad.

But anyway, yeah - Bin LAden wasn't behind most radical Islamic terrorism, and he's probably already been replaced.  BUT he was a pretty major symbol.  This is the man who destroyed the World Trade Center and got away with it, making a fool of America, the West, and even Christianity (eh, they drew the parallels first).  Now that he's dead, that's the end of "See how weak America is? They can't even catch one man!"

So yeah, it's just symbolic.  But it's a good symbol.

But let's answer the question: WHO SHOULD GET CREDIT?

-Specific members of the military who were involved in this operation, from gathering and interpreting intel to actually performing the raid.

-Sources for intel that the US has been receiving since August.

-George W. Bush, for laying the groundwork and starting the operation that eventually led to this.

-Barack Obama, for interpreting this specific intel and overseeing the operation.

And finally:

-The instructor who taught that one Navy SEAL how to aim for the head.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:54:03 AM by Ridureyu »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 11:58:35 AM »
You're acting like it was Obama that did it. It was the soldiers, give credit where it's due.

You misinterpreted me Kale. I know very well that it was the soldiers that delivered the Coup de grâce (unless the President himself knew where Bin laden was hiding, whet there and delivered the shot himself). But It happened in the Obama administration and not the Bush administration.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Joachim

Re: Osama is dead
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 12:32:03 PM »

But It happened in the Obama administration and not the Bush administration.
Obama has also been far more aggressive towards the Afghanistan war than Bush ever was. :)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 02:18:53 PM »
TIME PARADOX

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 03:16:45 PM »
Thank god, that son of a bitch deserves worse then death for what he's done.

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 03:29:38 PM »

Tags:

anything