Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Does anyone have tips with bipolar people?  (Read 9245 times)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Does anyone have tips with bipolar people?
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:08:50 AM »
I have a friend who is bipolar and I sometimes get stressed with what to do. Do you guys/girls have any ideas?

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Re: Does anyone have tips with bipolar people?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 05:29:50 AM »
My tip would not to approach the issue as if it were something that requires any special powers. I think you should ask yourself why it makes you stressed out. And is it only recently he/she was diagnosed? If so, your friend is probably just adjusting to it.

Also, things tend to work better when you talk to people themselves.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 08:56:02 AM »
+1
Tell him to stop being bipolar and start being bi-winning.

(sorry couldn't help myself.  :P)

Seriously though, I think I had a friend like that. I can't say his moods changed constantly but he had some real issues. Had a very narrow set of fields he was absolutely OBSESSED with (to be exact three subjects: Music, Sports, Video games, period.)
He either hated things, loved them or disregarded them completely. We were really good friends for many years but as I grew up I grew sick of him and we both parted ways.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 09:57:46 AM »
+1
The only advice I can prescribe to you (as I'm not a doctor) is patients. It's about the only thing you can exercise right now with people like this. Also try to understand more about your friend. If you can sync with this person in terms of likes and dislikes then there shouldn't be much of a problem. In the end though, it's not their fault that they have this mental condition. It's just something that happened and they are the ones whom have no choice but to live with it. And I personally feel that living with a condition of any kind is far worse then tolerating it for brief periods of time.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 12:16:21 PM »
+1
Maybe I've this problem so maybe I can help you: If he is not angry, enjoy this moment while you can, for real. If he gets angry, try to know if he really wants you to be near him at said time, if yes, try to dont make jokes or things that you know for sure that he dislike, imagine that something is pissing him off, its like that but theres nothing to piss him off.

I've returned from a hospital right now, maybe I will discover my real situation in some months (wish me luck) :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 10:15:02 PM »
It's a bipolar guy? I heard bipolar girls can get really frisky. Not sure about guys.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 10:50:15 PM »
In this case girl.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 12:33:44 AM »
I heard bipolar girls can get really frisky.

That's..uh..maybe something that would look nice on a T-shirt..?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 01:18:54 AM »
+1
I know someone who is bipolar. She is interested in one thing for a while then suddenly loses interest. When she is happy, everything is great, but when she is depressed, she'll drag you down with her. argh.
I suggest get to know her mood swings. She would show symptoms that would exhibit when her is happy or sad, that would be a guide for you to act accordingly.

I heard bipolar girls can get really frisky.

Only when they are in the mood. They can be bitches when they're not. And always remember, they're eyes are never on you 100% of the time. Oh and they can dump you whenever they feel like it. Be cautious when dating one.  ;)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 03:09:48 AM »
I know someone who is bipolar. She is interested in one thing for a while then suddenly loses interest. When she is happy, everything is great, but when she is depressed, she'll drag you down with her. argh.
I suggest get to know her mood swings. She would show symptoms that would exhibit when her is happy or sad, that would be a guide for you to act accordingly.

Only when they are in the mood. They can be bitches when they're not. And always remember, they're eyes are never on you 100% of the time. Oh and they can dump you whenever they feel like it. Be cautious when dating one.  ;)
Your last sentence is pretty much my issue. Awhile back I made a topic saying I was depressed because of a girl. Well, stupid me forgot she was bipolar. So, I was more or less dumped for a few days and suddenly she starts sending me things saying how wonderful and amazing I am. Well, last night she tells me she's feeling very bipolar and next thing I know she tells me I'm friend zoned. Am I going to get the praising text here in a few days? I've learned if she's tired then I should back away. I'm completely head over heels for this girl and want to make this work. So, I came here asking some second opinions. I've learned patience is very important.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 06:13:00 AM by GuyStarwind »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 09:46:13 AM »
This is the same girl?? Aww man, this changes the playing field and not necessarily in a good way. Are you 100% sure you want to make this work with her? Your life could be a rough one from here-on out if you decide to stay with her. From the sounds of it she'll be bouncing back and fourth; staying with you, dumping you, staying, dumping, you get the idea. Personally it's a risk that I would not even take. If a bipolar woman asked me to get into a personal relationship with her and I knew what her deal was, I would say no and tell her exactly why. Even if she was hot as hell it wouldn't change a thing. It sounds a little heartless of me, but that's only because I'm looking out for myself, my health and my happiness. I could never be happy with a woman who changes her mind on a whim like that. It would be an ulcer inducing nightmare; very unhealthy for a stable relationship. If you feel you want to giver her this chance then that's entirely up to you. In the end it's your life and your choice. But do try and be careful for your sake, okay?  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 10:16:38 AM »
Do you love her? If you love her enough to endure all this even knowing of the risks, go for it. But be aware that you will get some scars and probably end alone.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 07:24:34 PM »
Watch "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" and then decide if you want to try to keep things going with her. Imagine essentially being Jim Carrey not just once but week after week with this girl.

Also, a lot of girls are like that. Hate hate hate you then want to ride your bone till the dogs snatch it away from them. .... Ew, bad allegory.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 01:02:15 AM »
I've learned patience is very important.

It takes more than patience. It is tough. I would rather be friends with them than be in a relationship.
Love is one thing, but what happens when you get fed up? People have their limits.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 04:10:10 PM »
+1
They are like any other kind of people, they only change back and forth really fast. Also they could be really grateful if you are one of the rare people that really understand him.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: