Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anyone wanting to mod Castlevania 3, be sure to read this!  (Read 2322 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Anyone wanting to mod Castlevania 3, be sure to read this!
« on: September 17, 2012, 08:43:58 AM »
+1
Since I have a feeling most people don't read my other posts except for Inccubus (hence I've started messaging him now), this little entry in my blog may have been overlooked. I know 3 or 4 people have seen it so far (not sure if one was me).

http://gmvania.blogspot.com/2012_08_05_archive.html

Over the last few weeks I've been collecting address values in Castlevania 3, both with the aid of reVamp and also from my own foray into 6502 ASM hacking. INcluded in my list are RAM offsets you can use for cheating while you play and for checking if you hacked the right addresses in the ROM. That's the first half of the page. The lower half is actual ROM addresses, the actual original code. This is the MOST IMPORTANT section for modding. Included in this blog entry are details not available in reVamp about modifying enemy stats (WIP), room order, room layout, enemy HP (make bosses with unique HP!), enemy damage, tile manipulation (make any tile behave how you want, such as putting a river in rooms that don't have rivers or mud in rooms that don't have mud), interactive terrain placement such as stairs, platforms and breakable blocks (WIP), tile mapping for non-stages like the name entry and password screens, in-game text (WIP), Trevor's sprite information for the Prayer scene (no idea how to actually edit the scene's events, though) and door placement (limited in reVamp, fully customizable with my findings).
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags:

anything