Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Heroes (TV show)  (Read 7424 times)

Rath

Heroes (TV show)
« on: January 04, 2008, 02:05:58 AM »
Yes..I realize it isn't exactly new, but any show that has a villian that rips off the tops of his victim's heads to learn their abilities is worth a thread, am I right?

But yeah, just got season 1 on dvd finally and watched it all... surprisingly awesome I must say.

Watch it... NOW!

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 04:00:18 AM »
I found it rather boring personally, not enough violence and it seemed too farfetched for my taste.  There's also no educational value. (yes I like educational stuff for the most part as long as it's not narrated by someone who's monotone or about mathematics)  :)
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 04:19:54 AM »
I liked it quite a bit, but things turned pretty stupid when

SPOILERS

you find out everyone is pretty much related to everyone else.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 06:23:50 AM »
I liked it quite a bit, but things turned pretty stupid when

SPOILERS

you find out everyone is pretty much related to everyone else.

That's basicly the whole idea of the series...
Anyways I saw Season I and II but sadly season II was only like 13 eps long so now I'm stuck waiting another year for the next season.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 07:34:54 AM »
In Reply To #4

Or longer actually, the reason it was so short was the whole writers strike thing. They want money for the dvd's too in addition to what they get for writing it initially.

EDIT:

I meant family relations.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 10:39:19 AM by Kale »

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2008, 10:32:25 AM »
I love the first season, it was awesome. I watched half of season 2 and couldn't really get into it, but I still have to watch it all. Also, the creator came out and apologized for season 2 being a bit lacking and not up to the first season.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 01:06:02 PM »
I never could get into it. I tried when it was new and just thought it was stupid.

Offline ProtoBelmont

• is not a newbie
  • Hunter in Training
  • I am the voice inside your head
    • Awards
Re: Heroes (TV show)
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2008, 06:00:52 PM »
Indeed, I was really into wanting to watch this series, especially earlier on when I did... but I dunno, it just didn't cling to me at all. Same goes for that 4400 tv series... I waisted many precious hours watching that show. :(

I'm pretty much just not going to watch tv from now on. :/

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 04:56:46 AM »
I've never really gotten into any television shows besides comedy ones like Reno 911, South Park, and Kenny Vs. Spenny.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 04:34:35 PM »
I've never really gotten into any television shows besides comedy ones like Reno 911, South Park, and Kenny Vs. Spenny.

Then I would like to suggest to you that you watch the US version of The Office, Arrested Development and if you can find it, the British Comedy, Spaced. Probably my 3 favorite shows
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 08:10:33 PM »
Season one, outstanding. Can't get into Season 2. They're kinda killing it.
----------------------------------------------------
Check out Elbryan42's Doom Depot! Check out the Doom 64 TC and download some Doom music.
http://doomdepot.doom2.net/

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 12:07:38 PM »
The only shows I cannot miss are Smallville and Supernatural. Smallville because Ive followed it since it was new and Supernatural cause its just plain amazing no questions asked.

I also really like a few new series this year namely Journeyman and Bionic Woman. Journeyman is really fantastic and really well done but I see it goin the way of shows like Firefly and Dresden Files and not gettin a 2nd season (if it hasnt already I havent looked) but Bionic Woman seemed to have been really well in ratings so depending on the strike it may continue.

Thats about it really. I watch Two and a Half Men and How I Met Your Mother and Rules of Engagement in the Heroes slot and I think thats also when Deal Or No Deal is on as well.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 12:11:45 PM »
Small ville died a couple of seasons ago.

Rath

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 05:55:45 PM »
In Reply To #11

Still have yet to see Season 2...but so far I haven't heard anything good about it  :-\

Offline Think Tank

• usually posts while intoxicated
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 06:25:50 PM »
a villian that rips off the tops of his victim's heads to learn their abilities

Actually he eats brains to get their abilities. But yeah, season 1 was the shit. Season 2 is complete shit.

Tags: