Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975423 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #945 on: May 12, 2015, 08:08:40 AM »

THXS for answer but so will it be a New Casltevania game from Konami now more?  Will death came back? Dracula? So no more CAstlevania universe games?

There are rumours that Konami isn't that interested in making video games anymore. We'll see after MGS5, I guess. Or maybe at E3 in june. I personally don't think a new Castlevania is coming out anytime soon.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #946 on: May 12, 2015, 08:26:03 AM »
"The weapon which most inspires dread will prevail."
"Is consistency an admirable trait or a hobgoblin...?"

Also some of his phrases have been revised.

18,424 backers
$1,417,550
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #947 on: May 12, 2015, 08:47:53 AM »
+1
Because of my naive assumption this is going to turn into a series I started a Bloodstained wiki because why not:

http://bloodstainedritualofthenight.wikia.com/wiki/Bloodstained_Wikia

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #948 on: May 12, 2015, 08:52:57 AM »
Because of my naive assumption this is going to turn into a series I started a Bloodstained wiki because why not:

http://bloodstainedritualofthenight.wikia.com/wiki/Bloodstained_Wikia

There might be a bit of an issue with the url including Ritual of the Night, since it seems Bloodstained is the series title while Ritual of the Night is probably a traditional style subtitle, so if there are future games, they would likely not keep the Ritual of the Night part but have a different subtitle. Not sure if there's any way to change that on Wikia now though.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #949 on: May 12, 2015, 09:00:02 AM »
There might be a bit of an issue with the url including Ritual of the Night, since it seems Bloodstained is the series title while Ritual of the Night is probably a traditional style subtitle,

Well yes,  Bloodstained ROTN is like Castlevania SOTN, it marks the beginning of a new era of IGAvania.
So Bloodstained 2 would have a different subtitle instead of sequel number (or it might have both.)

There are rumours that Konami isn't that interested in making video games anymore. We'll see after MGS5, I guess. Or maybe at E3 in june. I personally don't think a new Castlevania is coming out anytime soon.

people shouldn't hold their breath for new Castlevanias from Konami.  Konami is a disgrace and they
can't be trusted with the franchise anymore.   the only franchise likely to get konami's attention is Metal Gear.

it is a shame konami is too stupid and cheap and stubborn to port Dracula X Chronicles on PS4.   it is a waste on PSP.
And unlike FFType 0, its gameplay is actually adapatable on PS4, being 2D gameplay overall, with no camera issues.

I have DXC on psp but it's so uncomfortable to play compared to console gaming, and I hate how portables pretty
much force you to play closer to the screen (otherwise the further away you hold it, the more stupid it feels and the smaller everything looks.)

which is bad for the eyes and hurts the neck, and the platform itself feels so heavy compared to a dual shock4 controller.   I can play console for hours, but for portable it's such a chore to use,
and portable gaming feels so immersion breaking, very uncomfortable platform,

I have that psp cable that can connect to HUD, but again, psp is very uncomfortable to hold and the buttons suck.

I just keep psp because DXC is the greatest Castlevania Collection ever.

the DXC 2.5 remake of Rondo (don't like the character designs but like the new exclusive stuff added to story/game.)
the ORIGINAL Rondo of Blood included (super rare outside of PC.)
AND the definitive version of Symphony of the Night, with more balance, better sprites, better animations, and better more balanced gameplay version of Maria compared to the NITM version. 

Castlevania Harmony of Despair should also be ported to PS4, it would get a fan following just like PS3 version
is still played years after its X360 debut.     

but yeah, konami is not worthy to do anything with Castlevania series
because they would do stupid decisions like outsource to MS or something. 
they are even too stupid and cheap to do Castlevania ports/remasters on PS4, so shouldn't expect anything
from them.   

Did anoyne why IGA not name Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night to Castlevania Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night?  Maybe a werid question but I wondering.

it doesn't need the Castlevania title to be Castlevania at heart (pun intended).    ;D

Personally, Bloodstained to me feels like the official sequel of Order of Ecclesia
(official from Igavania legacy standpoint, unofficial from konami/copyright standpoint.)

OoE was the last story heavy character driven Castlevania IGA created, 

and Miriam looks like she could be the daughter of Shanoa.

but of course, Bloodstained is its own thing, and shouldn't expect Belmonts or Dracula to be in it, or any
concrete connections to Castlevania stories/world.

Bloodstained could be like a parallel dimension linked to Castlevania.   kinda like how DC Universe has a multiverse
where even separate realities are all canon and can be related to each other.

kind of like how Ninja Gaiden and DOA were originally (and some argue still are) separate universes storywise,
 but they still coexist.

Overall another example would be Final Fantasy, each FF is its own independent world, but they are still all FFs
with tons of relatable things, despite not taking place in the same universe, especially FFs like FFXI and FFXIV lore.   

So Bloodstained ROTN and Castlevania SOTN are kind of like two separate FFs that are connected by IGAvania legacy and qualities.  they have different titles but still share the essence of IGAvania.
  :)

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 09:02:15 AM by affinity »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #950 on: May 12, 2015, 09:01:16 AM »
There might be a bit of an issue with the url including Ritual of the Night, since it seems Bloodstained is the series title while Ritual of the Night is probably a traditional style subtitle, so if there are future games, they would likely not keep the Ritual of the Night part but have a different subtitle. Not sure if there's any way to change that on Wikia now though.

Yeah, I had to do that because there already exists (a completely unrelated) Bloodstained wiki. I'll have a think about a solution for that later.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #951 on: May 12, 2015, 09:08:57 AM »
Yeah, I had to do that because there already exists (a completely unrelated) Bloodstained wiki. I'll have a think about a solution for that later.

What about Bloodstained Game or Bloodstained Series? Bloodstained IGA? Bloodstained-IGAvania?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #952 on: May 12, 2015, 09:37:58 AM »
I wonder when the CM for Bloodstained will update the KS page or if they're freaking out what to do with all their money and trying to come up with new stretch goals.

I agree with some earlier sentiment about Nintendo release probably not going to happen with this current generation. I'm sure IGA contacted some of his contacts at NCL and was given a little scoop of the future (Iwata's been talking about the NX). This, of course is speculation, makes sense since CV titles on Nintendo handhelds have been pretty solid and I'm sure Nintendo is paying some attention to how the KS is doing to work with IGA in the future and seduce him to create content (maybe even exclusively in the future) for their system. A lot of the hiccups for the 3DS and WiiU launch was related to a weak launch lineup and I'm sure an Igavania title exclusive for them would generate a lot of buzz and be the killer app for us to get one.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #953 on: May 12, 2015, 09:46:18 AM »
When it comes to Konami, I could see them noticing the attention Bloodstained is getting, then announcing a 2D Castlevania game and saying, "See, we had you guys in mind the whole time!"
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #954 on: May 12, 2015, 09:48:57 AM »
I really think this is IGA's stab at doing Symphony of the Night again.

Think about it... Gebel is Dracula and he looks at Miriam as a person that should be living in the castle with him, and he wants to convince her to battle the humans as well. What does that sound like?

Father and son. Dracula wanting Alucard to join him instead of be against him. Very similar idea just with a female this time. Wish she had a cloak! I want cloak upgrades.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #955 on: May 12, 2015, 09:51:56 AM »
Translation: "Wii U and 3DS are weaksauce for UE4, what Nintendo has in the pipeline on the otherhand..."

Keep in mind that by the time this game comes out, the 3DS and Wii U successors should be out by then.
I think it was referring to the stretch goals, because there are two closed windows/doors at the very bottom level of the tower.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #956 on: May 12, 2015, 09:54:17 AM »
+1
I wonder when the CM for Bloodstained will update the KS page or if they're freaking out what to do with all their money and trying to come up with new stretch goals.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I think they didn't expect to raise this much, this fast. I wonder if they threw in 'cheat codes' as sort of a throwaway thing while brainstorming other stretch goals.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #957 on: May 12, 2015, 10:20:13 AM »
IMO they already know a lot of stretch goals if they even planned a dungeon and a basement area, but their CM shouldn't be very used to KS. If they show more stretch goals they should reach 2k easily today.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Strider Nemesis

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #958 on: May 12, 2015, 10:26:34 AM »
+3
The stretch goals need to end up something like this:

$1,000,000 - Cheat Codes
$1,250,000 - Local Co-op
$2,500,000 - Wii U port with a later release date
$10,000,000 - We'll buy the Castlevania rights from Konami, and rename the game to Castlevania: Bloodstained - Ritual of the Night

Of course, the last goal is unrealistic by all means, but it would be sweet.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #959 on: May 12, 2015, 10:33:35 AM »
New goal, secret boss and one more to get unlocked. I think it might be boss rush mode?
Ruler of Chaos

Tags:

anything