Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975363 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #960 on: May 12, 2015, 10:36:11 AM »
+2
The secret boss is IGA himself, calling it now.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #961 on: May 12, 2015, 10:39:22 AM »
+1
It's a cave troll named Cave Dox.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #962 on: May 12, 2015, 10:53:26 AM »
+2
I still want a stretch goal for New Game+ where the entire castle is turned upside down. I'd die.  ;D

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #963 on: May 12, 2015, 10:57:30 AM »
No, I can read it, its written Speed-Run Mode
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #964 on: May 12, 2015, 11:04:15 AM »
Were they really expecting a limited response or something? Because a lot of those achievements should be shown as unlocked, but there's nothing yet. I'm surprised there hasn't been an update, either.

Offline The Most Curious Thing

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #965 on: May 12, 2015, 11:10:43 AM »
Yeah, I was wondering about that. I think they didn't expect to raise this much, this fast. I wonder if they threw in 'cheat codes' as sort of a throwaway thing while brainstorming other stretch goals.
IMO they already know a lot of stretch goals if they even planned a dungeon and a basement area, but their CM shouldn't be very used to KS. If they show more stretch goals they should reach 2k easily today.

My guess is the stretch goals they had planned for $1mil and $1.25mil were ones we haven't seen yet, but they're dangled-carrot stretch goals that IGA/Fangamer/Inti couldn't risk wasting last night, so they bumped them up to higher funding levels. I'm also going to guess they were frantically trying to find a stopgap whenever IGA and Ben were off-camera during the stream and "cheat codes" was a good throwaway option (and hey, another shot at Konami).

Fangamer has run a very solid campaign so far, but their lack of preparation for the best-case scenario, especially a week after Yooka-Laylee, is disappointing.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #966 on: May 12, 2015, 11:11:49 AM »
$1,500,000 reached. New boss is ours!
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #967 on: May 12, 2015, 11:14:21 AM »
Were they really expecting a limited response or something? Because a lot of those achievements should be shown as unlocked, but there's nothing yet. I'm surprised there hasn't been an update, either.

I was going to say this, we should at least a couple achievements by now (5k backers, 1k twitter followers, 1k Youtube subs, 1k Facebook likes).

Offline Strider Nemesis

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #968 on: May 12, 2015, 11:23:03 AM »
+2
Remember when people were calling IGA sexist? And now we have Shanoa and Miriam as protagonists in consecutive games. Where are those people now?

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #969 on: May 12, 2015, 11:27:42 AM »
I also think (actually I thought that about the secret backer-only boss) that one boss will be IGA as Dracula!

The things that disappoint me in this game are:
-it is not Dracula`s castle..nor a game about Dracula, which is one of the main things that attracted me to Castlevanias. IGA could have used Dracula, he is free to use as a character
-I dont like the 2.5D aspect of the game. I wish it was a 2D game..
-Ayami Kojima is missing!

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #970 on: May 12, 2015, 11:29:56 AM »
Nevermind, late.  :P
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:31:37 AM by Kamirine »

Offline deadsanto123

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #971 on: May 12, 2015, 11:34:58 AM »
It's a cave troll named Cave Dox.
I would kill this boss so many times

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #972 on: May 12, 2015, 11:47:10 AM »
The next two stretch goals after the new boss (according to the Facebook page) are a Speed Run Mode and a Boss Rush Mode. I want to see this happen!
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #973 on: May 12, 2015, 11:54:09 AM »
+1
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/05/11/koji-igarashi-explains-the-name-of-his-new-game.aspx

--A lot of people compare Bloodborne to Castlevania. Have you checked out Bloodborne and what are your thoughts on it?
--I’ve watched my kids play it. Man, that is a very well-made game. The game world and positioning are pretty different, so I was surprised to hear people compare the two games. I love the Cthulhu world, so I hope they keep on making sequels for it.

IGA has a PSQuadruple.

They said on the Twitch stream yesterday they actually were surprised it got funded that quickly. With a lot of major gaming sites covering it, I don't really think they should have been that surprised given that Kickstarters from unknown figures can sometimes reach 500k or beyond on viral and Youtuber marketing alone and only late, lagging press from major gaming sites once the KS is almost over. Although that is generally not in a few hours...

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #974 on: May 12, 2015, 11:57:18 AM »
Remember when people were calling IGA sexist? And now we have Shanoa and Miriam as protagonists in consecutive games. Where are those people now?

I'm still here!  :D

And I'm glad that IGA came around in the end. His attitude towards female characters was really, really bad. And I still stand by that opinion. Though I bet he still feels that female characters are only ok if they have some kind of "magic abilities". UNLESS it was Konami who made him think like that, in which case he's forgiven.

Tags:

anything