Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975364 times)

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #975 on: May 12, 2015, 12:33:25 PM »
Here's a pretty interesting article about the Kickstarter concept:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/12/8592901/bloodstain-kickstarter-castlevania-reboot
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #976 on: May 12, 2015, 12:35:03 PM »
I also think (actually I thought that about the secret backer-only boss) that one boss will be IGA as Dracula!

The things that disappoint me in this game are:
-it is not Dracula`s castle..nor a game about Dracula, which is one of the main things that attracted me to Castlevanias. IGA could have used Dracula, he is free to use as a character
-I dont like the 2.5D aspect of the game. I wish it was a 2D game..
-Ayami Kojima is missing!

1. it doesn't need to be Dracula's castle to be awesome and just as great or greater than a Dracula's castle.
look at games like Devil May Cry 1, one of the greatest castle designs outside of a Castlevania. it even gets darker
upon revisiting it.  and Castle Zvahl in FFXI.

2.  2.5d has its advantages.  series that were normally 2D benefit from 2.5D

3.  Bloodstained character designs/art already rival AK's art.  so the art is already taken care of. 

4. there are new original, creative vampires that can surpass Dracula.   it doesn't need Dracula to be awesome
and have a worthy antagonist, whether they are vampire or something else.

I think Bloodstained would benefit more having new/different lead antagonists each game instead of going the
Castlevania route. each time Dracula is defeated makes him look more like a joke getting their ass kicked by
everyone.   it's like their reputation is that of a seasonal punching bag. 

Bloodstained could keep the antagonist side of things fresh instead of recycling an antagonist that keeps
accumulating a bigger loser streak.   

they sure can be more creative than following Castlevania's tradition with that.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #977 on: May 12, 2015, 12:40:34 PM »
+1
Whatever you do, make sure the enemy is called Gunlord. It's his only chance to shine...

Prunyuu~

That said, what was the 'grudge' between the Chapel and the Dungeon, again? I used to be part of the Chapel (still am, technically) but I remember close to nothing about it. Was it because they didn't like LoS so much while we were more enthusiastic about it?

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #978 on: May 12, 2015, 12:48:18 PM »
Ok I'm bummed no Belmont but I'm pumped for an Igavania and having David Hayter in this

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #979 on: May 12, 2015, 12:57:14 PM »
+1
Kojima's designs are quite unique, and I don't think any other artist can emulate her signature artistic touch.
But in a way, that's a good thing: Order of Ecclesia showed us that Kojima wasn't the only artist capable of producing personal, yet gorgeous gothic-inspired designs, and Bloodstained's current art doesn't exactly disappoint. You could see it veering off slightly towards a more jarring anime-like approach, but I still find its level of detail, shading, and color palette impressive. I'm actually pretty fond of these flowery stained glass motives.

So I'm actually not too concerned about the game's artistic choices. After all, we've seen much, much worse.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #980 on: May 12, 2015, 01:06:44 PM »
+4
Hey folks!

Thank you very much for your patience! We managed two get a few hours of sleep (being awake for over 40 hours two finalize the Kickstarter is like CHALLENGE MODE !!), and we're currently on our flight back home to our office in Tucson Arizona. We'll get the first backer update posted soon!

Steven Campos
fangame

Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/comments

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #982 on: May 12, 2015, 01:11:54 PM »
Is that Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night?
Yes.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #983 on: May 12, 2015, 01:20:05 PM »
Yes.
   Awesome and more qestions for me that picture says turn you world up side down Castlevana SOTN was so cool the castle turn up side town will bloodstained: ritual of the night turn castle up side down maybe.... The rumors was true last year so my last question last year its says SOTN 2 on 3DS so it was fake right and look at the pictures of that picture maybe in game screens? I hope so. Soory for asking a lot but thnxs for answers :-*

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #984 on: May 12, 2015, 01:24:48 PM »
SotN2 was just a rumor.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #985 on: May 12, 2015, 01:27:22 PM »
SotN2 was just a rumor.
  Yes right thnxs :rollseyes:   but what about the game screens I really hope there are real game screens I will have that CV style MY video about the rumor last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUmHI43mh-I Watch it and you can see what I mean about that beatiful screen;)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #986 on: May 12, 2015, 01:28:59 PM »
   Awesome and more qestions for me that picture says turn you world up side down Castlevana SOTN was so cool the castle turn up side town will bloodstained: ritual of the night turn castle up side down maybe.... The rumors was true last year so my last question last year its says SOTN 2 on 3DS so it was fake right and look at the pictures of that picture maybe in game screens? I hope so. Soory for asking a lot but thnxs for answers :-*

It's difficult to answer your questions because we don't know the answers yet. But we do know that this is not SOTN 2 (if that was your question?). I would love to see an upside down castle too but I doubt it will happen. We have to wait and see. The screenshots are probably not ingame screens, just very early concept art.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #987 on: May 12, 2015, 01:37:08 PM »
It's difficult to answer your questions because we don't know the answers yet. But we do know that this is not SOTN 2 (if that was your question?). I would love to see an upside down castle too but I doubt it will happen. We have to wait and see. The screenshots are probably not ingame screens, just very early concept art.
  I know now is not SOTN 2 sadly SOTN 2 last year for 3DS just a rumor but anyway IGAs new Metroidvania game will be amazing maybe better than sotn I will be shocked.

But the game screens for this picture is real maybe?:

https://www.google.no/search?q=castlevania+rumor+2014&biw=1920&bih=928&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=JmRSVeebNoqGywPhhIDoDg&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgrc=UmaciwMW5xEr6M%253A%3BsyOY-_QEczmt5M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fimages.nintendolife.com%252Fnews%252F2014%252F09%252Frumour_flyer_teases_potential_castlevania_successor_koji_iga_igarashi%252Fattachment%252F0%252F630x.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.nintendolife.com%252Fnews%252F2014%252F09%252Frumour_pax_prime_flyer_teases_potential_2d_castlevania_successor%3B630%3B473

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #988 on: May 12, 2015, 01:40:31 PM »
Okey guys I will not have any question more now for a hvile i think so now we need to see bloodstained: ritual of the night in action and game screens.
I am excited but not so really much beacue I will like the style of the game and I really reallt hope for DS GBA style. I am happy with that. Stay fresh and THANK YOU SO MUCH IGA;)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #989 on: May 12, 2015, 01:49:26 PM »
Suddenly I remember this post a made after the initial rumor for this,

Yea 4 mill is unrealistic, but I think given how starved the CV fanbase is for a proper title it making 2.5 million is reasonable enough, and who knows it may suprise you with 3 million.

After all as much as I love Mega Man I never thought the kickstarter would reach as much money as It did, but like CV I believed it would do well given how neglected the fanbase has felt from Capcom.

I remember being told it was "unrealistic" to get Mighty No.9 numbers and at the time I started to doubt myself and believe it may be unrealistic....

Don't seem so unrealistic now does it lol? :P

31 days to go and we are already past the 1.5 million mark.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Tags: