Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975482 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1020 on: May 13, 2015, 12:30:27 AM »
Before you start wondering why $500,000 can give the basic game...

IGA already has a company that would back most of this project and the KS is just a mandatory requirement from the company that IGA must prove that he has fans who want this. So technically, the KS money is just for additional stuff.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1021 on: May 13, 2015, 12:38:18 AM »
Before you start wondering why $500,000 can give the basic game...

IGA already has a company that would back most of this project and the KS is just a mandatory requirement from the company that IGA must prove that he has fans who want this. So technically, the KS money is just for additional stuff.
I recall IGA said the fans' initial goal of $500K was only 1/10 of the project's money. But again, additional stuff could be a lil' better. ;)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1022 on: May 13, 2015, 12:40:06 AM »
I recall IGA said the fans' initial goal of $500K was only 1/10 of the project's money. But again, additional stuff could be a lil' better. ;)

From Gamasutra
Question: The details I received say that the game already has funding -- can you talk about the source of that funding, and why you are also going to Kickstarter?

KI: All I can say right now is that after over a year of talking with just about every publisher out there, I was able to secure funding for about 90 percent of the game with the condition that I prove the market still wants an Igavania game. Kickstarter proved to be a great solution, as it would (hopefully) show that people still want an Igavania game while simultaneously providing funds for the core game.

That being said, I'm hoping to clear a few stretch goals so I can add some new features and modes that I've always wanted to do but was never able to in the past. Hopefully, the fact that I've been able to gather most of the investment myself will put to rest any fears that backers may have about this title not being released.

And something really interesting (and to my liking) from Game Informer
Q: Do prefer playing with a whip or a sword?
IGA: Well, I technically gave birth to the sword-based Igavania-type characters, so I guess my weapon of choice is a sword.

Hahahaha!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 01:05:22 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1023 on: May 13, 2015, 01:37:53 AM »
I'm slightly disappointed by the lack of pledge tier that offers a physical copy of the game, and a copy of the soundtrack before $100.  There's the new, all digital $60 tier, but I'd rather have a physical copy of the game, and not have the strategy book.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #1024 on: May 13, 2015, 03:08:27 AM »
You should read this, like, really: http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/5/11/8576141/koji-igarashi-day-in-the-life

I really liked this article. Normally when reading something like this, I space out somewhere in the middle of the read. With this, it captivated my attention throughout the whole thing. I found it really interesting, thanks for the share.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1025 on: May 13, 2015, 04:59:30 AM »
I honestly didn't expect this, mainly because we were told for quite some time that the later IGAvanias weren't that successful or popular, so I started to believe it. I blame Dave Cox, among others, for this.

But...he never, ever fibbed to us about anything. D:

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1026 on: May 13, 2015, 05:22:03 AM »
From Gamasutra
Question: The details I received say that the game already has funding -- can you talk about the source of that funding, and why you are also going to Kickstarter?

KI: All I can say right now is that after over a year of talking with just about every publisher out there, I was able to secure funding for about 90 percent of the game with the condition that I prove the market still wants an Igavania game. Kickstarter proved to be a great solution, as it would (hopefully) show that people still want an Igavania game while simultaneously providing funds for the core game.

I think it's important to draw some more attention to that bolded part. It's also what that article touched upon. Who is providing the funding? How much are we fans are actually supporting this project? And although we probably aren't sticking it to Konami as much as we think we are by backing this project, I wonder if there aren't a couple of people there headdesking after seeing how much support it gets.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1027 on: May 13, 2015, 05:25:28 AM »
I read somewhere that the one funding can be a company, an individual, etc. They are vague about who is doing the main funding.

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1028 on: May 13, 2015, 05:48:14 AM »
+1
But...he never, ever fibbed to us about anything. D:

That was always the most insufferable thing to listen to about Cox. I don't know what his problem was, but he seemed intent on performing what amounted to a smear campaign against the Igavanias. The thing is he was provably wrong what with people still adoring the titles to this day with Bloodstained's success only reinforcing the notion that people were waiting for another Igavania. If they "failed" it was because of Konami's halfassed support for them, demanding unreasonable expectations from Iga and giving him zero support. It's no wonder they've been having money troubles with their shoddy management while Iga has had the last laugh.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1029 on: May 13, 2015, 06:28:25 AM »
+1
I hope the success of Bloodstained's Kickstarter help other former Konami dev's to Kickstart their own Not Konami Ip's in the coming years.

I'd say we're long overdue for a Not Contra.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #1030 on: May 13, 2015, 08:06:21 AM »
I kinda feel dumb about whining about Inti Creates' involvement. I had no idea they were behind the Mega Man Zero games, and Mega Man 9 and 10. Plus, them co-developing the recent two Shantae games. To be honest I've usually only ever hear of them in connection to Mighty Number 9, which is...not shaping up to be so good. But IGA's a whole other beast than Inafune.

Also Speed Run Mode is now in. Hope to get to $2 mil soon~
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:08:40 AM by beingthehero »

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1031 on: May 13, 2015, 08:16:05 AM »
I kinda feel dumb about whining about Inti Creates' involvement. I had no idea they were behind the Mega Man Zero games, and Mega Man 9 and 10. Plus, them co-developing the recent two Shantae games. To be honest I've usually only ever hear of them in connection to Mighty Number 9, which is...not shaping up to be so good. But IGA's a whole other beast than Inafune.

Yeah, Iga does legitimately have experience directing, designing, etc. He didn't make Castlevania, but he never claimed to and was always honest about his involvement in the series. Inafune on the other hand is, objectively speaking, pretty much a fraud due to having zero director, creator, or designer credits until MN9. His biggest involvement with any project was either as an illustrator or a producer. That's it.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1032 on: May 13, 2015, 08:26:33 AM »
I'd be for Nintendo to be the publisher for Iga, but seeing how the targets were Sony, MS and Steam it makes me wonder who it could be. Capcom has a history for releasing on the three platforms and working with Inti so there's a high possibility it could be them. Bamco seems more Sony aligned with a very minimal PC presence so I feel like they aren't really in the running. Squeenix? They seem more vested in helping indies, release on all platforms (though they do have a Sony bias) and I could see getting behind this. Maybe even Sega, though I feel it might be a lower possibility since their move to concentrate more on the PC and mobile market (though I guess as publishers it wouldn't matter).

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1033 on: May 13, 2015, 08:59:49 AM »
+4
Plot twist: the mystery funder is Konami.

And Kojima getting fired/Silent Hills getting cancelled was viral marketing for the Phantom Pain.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #1034 on: May 13, 2015, 09:07:41 AM »
btw when are we getting charged ?!

Tags: