Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 975394 times)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1035 on: May 13, 2015, 09:24:18 AM »
Plot twist: the mystery funder is Konami.

And Kojima getting fired/Silent Hills getting cancelled was viral marketing for the Phantom Pain.

btw when are we getting charged ?!
From the KS page: This project will be funded on Fri, Jun 12 2015 8:00 PM PDT. So sometime around/after that.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1036 on: May 13, 2015, 10:12:07 AM »
I'm slightly disappointed by the lack of pledge tier that offers a physical copy of the game, and a copy of the soundtrack before $100.  There's the new, all digital $60 tier, but I'd rather have a physical copy of the game, and not have the strategy book.

I kinda wish the tiers were a little different too. I like the $150 tier with the game, trinkets, and art book, and I don't think any others really interest me until $1500+. Not sure I could afford a $200 tier, but I'd probably beg and borrow to get one if it had any one of the features of a 1500+ tier.  This is possibly only the 3rd kickstarter I've ever looked at though, so I don't have much to compare to.

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1037 on: May 13, 2015, 10:28:17 AM »
Next up is Boss Rush Mode. Apparently they'll be updating the stretch goals later today.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 10:30:02 AM by Aiddon »

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1038 on: May 13, 2015, 11:03:41 AM »
+5

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1039 on: May 13, 2015, 11:12:55 AM »
I kinda wish the tiers were a little different too. I like the $150 tier with the game, trinkets, and art book, and I don't think any others really interest me until $1500+. Not sure I could afford a $200 tier, but I'd probably beg and borrow to get one if it had any one of the features of a 1500+ tier.  This is possibly only the 3rd kickstarter I've ever looked at though, so I don't have much to compare to.

Do note that occasionally they add tiers after the KS has already started based on fan reaction, although I don't think it would really be negotiable to bring something from the $1500 tier down very low, partially just out of necessity probably, since stuff like getting your own room in the game being cheap would kind of get crazy if they had maybe 300 people with special rooms in the game, and stuff like designing an enemy takes some dev time to program the AI for and model in addition to their existing list of enemies.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1040 on: May 13, 2015, 11:24:09 AM »
This is so amazing guys I cant believe how many money this game get and now speedrun mode unloked WOW:

$1.75 million—Speedrun Mode unlocked! I think that's a WR.

Stretch goal and achievement update coming today.

Source: https://twitter.com/swordorwhip

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1041 on: May 13, 2015, 12:58:55 PM »
with 2.5D,  Bloodstained can get some really interesting lighting effects, to make things dark and moody and incredible.

DXC is 2.5D and it has some cool atmosphere to it,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNfAC7H56Uc

of course Bloodstained can polish things more for its background and overall modeling and animations.

you know SOTN was kind of colorful, yet still had its dark tones, too.  so ROTN could be darker than what the
gameplay concept art showed.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1042 on: May 13, 2015, 02:04:50 PM »
+1
New goal at $2.25M: 8-bit level.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1043 on: May 13, 2015, 02:53:02 PM »
Well it finally happened. Someone took one of the 10k tier rewards. Which one of you was it?  ;)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1044 on: May 13, 2015, 03:03:33 PM »

My little heart can't take much more...
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #1045 on: May 13, 2015, 03:07:26 PM »
+1
Well it finally happened. Someone took one of the 10k tier rewards. Which one of you was it?  ;)

I hope whoever it is records the IGA adventure, at times like this I wish I was rich enough to spend that kind of money on stuff like this.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #1046 on: May 13, 2015, 03:08:12 PM »
This now has more money than Yooka-Laylee (albeit less backers), which is pretty cool since the latter has people from Donkey friggin' Kong Country - arguably a "bigger deal" than Castlevania for most people.

Not exactly since U.S dollars ($) value less than British pounds (£). Like 1 pound for 1,57 dollars right now. So Yooka Laylee have $2.483,202 (£1,577,247) while Bloodstained have $1,820,051

Before you start wondering why $500,000 can give the basic game...

IGA already has a company that would back most of this project and the KS is just a mandatory requirement from the company that IGA must prove that he has fans who want this. So technically, the KS money is just for additional stuff.
I think it's important to draw some more attention to that bolded part. It's also what that article touched upon. Who is providing the funding? How much are we fans are actually supporting this project? And although we probably aren't sticking it to Konami as much as we think we are by backing this project, I wonder if there aren't a couple of people there headdesking after seeing how much support it gets.

So this means that this company will give 4,5kk to fund this game, right?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 03:16:56 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1047 on: May 13, 2015, 03:22:39 PM »
+4

I'm going to be so disappointed if we don't hit this. Like I will need to start an emo band dedicated to not reaching the 8-bit-tier, something to the effect of "Your anti-aliasing cuts me deeper than 8-bits ever could" and "8-bit hearts bleed 1080p at 60 fps".

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1048 on: May 13, 2015, 03:26:57 PM »
while 2.5d is nice, i will always love traditional hi-res sprites more. hand-drawn sprites just have that special charm to them; from the fluid animations of alucard in symphony, to literally seeing soma's cold breath in dawn, amongst many many other details that, while possible to achieve with 2.5d, still wont be quite the same

call me oldschool but i love the clashing effects 2D sprites have with 3D parallax backgrounds, such as the rotating background corridor in that 1 section in super castlevania iv, the 3D chapel with the Great Sword spirit floating in the middle of the room in Symphony.

seeing stuff like this still impresses me till this day, and i will miss that feeling

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1049 on: May 13, 2015, 03:33:38 PM »
I read this as a joke. Then I found out on my own that it's real. I might die.

Tags:

anything