Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981176 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #795 on: May 11, 2015, 05:32:45 PM »
I know. I'd take Masaki Hirooka then, the art is truly amateur-ish.

That Michiru song gave me the shudders tho.

Ok...

Your view of what is amateurish is definitely different than mine, that picture Claimh Solais posted above is something "truly amateur-ish"

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #796 on: May 11, 2015, 05:34:04 PM »
+1
I know. I'd take Masaki Hirooka then, the art is truly amateur-ish.

No, it's really not.

Who knows...Kojima might even find time to contribute a bit of art herself.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #797 on: May 11, 2015, 05:34:40 PM »
Some 'amateur' artists, i.e. non-professionals, can be better than many professional artists imo.  It depends on the artist.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #798 on: May 11, 2015, 05:36:36 PM »
Whoever is doing the art is doing their damnedest to channel Ayami Kojima. I think it looks okay, and it's certainly not like the art from Dawn or Portrait.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #799 on: May 11, 2015, 05:37:19 PM »
No, it's really not.

Who knows...Kojima might even find time to contribute a bit of art herself.

this is possible, if u recall she contributed some of her renditions for dawn Of sorrow

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #800 on: May 11, 2015, 05:37:31 PM »
I agree that the art isn't on Kojima's level, but I don't think it's bad at all. And if Kojima's too busy, well, there's nothing to be done, she's a professional woman with her own commitments, and we have to respect that. :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #801 on: May 11, 2015, 05:38:54 PM »
for the record i thought the art for lords of shadow 2 was great. could def see some kojima influence there

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #802 on: May 11, 2015, 05:39:30 PM »
We might be surprised by having a special art insert by Kojima somewhere on the physical copy in the future. Who knows?

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #803 on: May 11, 2015, 05:40:34 PM »

Here is the sprite alone.

Dude post that on the Sword or Whip Twitter.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #804 on: May 11, 2015, 05:41:29 PM »
I understand the criticism towards the art style, I'm not going to get worked up or form an opinion over anything until I have seen the actual game. They are clearly in the midst of pre-production trying to get production off the ground, so things are subject to change from this point to whenever the game releases. I'm optimistic in thinking this game will surprise and delight us.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #805 on: May 11, 2015, 05:42:47 PM »
Well the game is still in the very early development faze right now, who's to say that Ayami Kojima can't show up at some point down the road (once her commitments are done) and take over the artwork?

I hope that is the case, nothing wrong with this artwork but having Kojima back would just be the icing on a already delicious cake.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #806 on: May 11, 2015, 05:43:31 PM »
Yeah guys, post all your art and stuff on twitter so the IGAvania people can see it, I hear we get more rewards that way :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #807 on: May 11, 2015, 05:45:26 PM »
+2
Well the game is still in the very early development faze right now, who's to say that Ayami Kojima can't show up at some point down the road (once her commitments are done) and take over the artwork?

I hope that is the case, nothing wrong with this artwork but having Kojima back would just be the icing on a already delicious cake.

That's an extremely unprofessional way of handling the artwork, though. If there is another artist creating art for the game, and hell, they are in the middle of it, they shouldn't just replace the artist. As much as I love Ayami, if IGA let it slide and they got rid of the current artist when they've already put out pieces, I'd lose respect for IGA.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #808 on: May 11, 2015, 05:46:06 PM »
Less than 10K to go on the top goal.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #809 on: May 11, 2015, 05:48:28 PM »
+1
That's an extremely unprofessional way of handling the artwork, though. If there is another artist creating art for the game, and hell, they are in the middle of it, they shouldn't just replace the artist. As much as I love Ayami, if IGA let it slide and they got rid of the current artist when they've already put out pieces, I'd lose respect for IGA.
I like the artist.

They made Miriam a cutie! I'm interested in seeing how this artist tackles the designs of certain monsters and demons for the game.

Tags:

anything