Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 983878 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3360 on: May 29, 2018, 07:04:25 PM »
+1
I got the game on launch day for vita. I really love it! I've wanted a game like this for a long time and it's fantastic. Almost done with it.

There's only one critique I have. I can't help but feel like the music could've delivered more.

Michiru's work is great of course and it stands out big time. But I wish that she made the entire ost. Voyage of Promise is incredible.

From what I've heard of ROTN it's the same deal. 1 very strong composer and a bunch of other composers just trying to keep up with her.

I truly hope that Michiru does much more of the music for Bloodstained going forward if not all of it. I have a good idea why she wasn't able to for COTM and ROTN. But I can't help but express that feeling. For the sake of consistency and vision.

I have the utmost respect for Michiru and she has always been sweet to me. The only thing I want from these games is more from her.

There are too many cooks in the kitchen and only one of them is a Master chef. You can always taste it when you get served a dish from a sou chef.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 07:13:42 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3361 on: May 30, 2018, 07:44:07 AM »
I really wish some of the ideas from this game could have made it into a CV3 reimagining.

Ending (Nightmare Mode):
(click to show/hide)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3362 on: May 30, 2018, 08:46:42 AM »
I really wish some of the ideas from this game could have made it into a CV3 reimagining.

Ending (Nightmare Mode):
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3363 on: May 30, 2018, 08:59:52 AM »
Yes, I got that impression as well. However, I'm not sure why they're using such vague terminology like "spin-off" (which can be interpreted in multiple ways) instead of just saying straight up it doesn't have any storyline connenctions with Bloodstained. Oh well.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #3364 on: May 30, 2018, 09:03:55 AM »
I'm a little bummed it's not exactly a prequel anymore, either. I don't remember where, but I remember reading a long ass time ago that Zangetsu would be the main protagonist and I was pretty excited to learn some backstory of him. But Curse of the Moon has very limited characterization in it, and Zangetsu just boils down to

(click to show/hide)

That being said, we're supposed to be getting two other playable characters in Ritual of the Night, aren't we? I really hope Zangetsu is one of them.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3365 on: May 30, 2018, 11:15:06 AM »
Got my ps4 code yesterday, gave it a run before i go for sleep, took me less than two hours to finish it on first run. A very nice game overall, but the music isn't close enough to castlevania spirit, other than that, it's a very solid game, only one complain from me, who came up with the idea on the final stage?
(click to show/hide)
It really was annoying.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3366 on: May 30, 2018, 12:37:03 PM »
A little weird the first released game in the Bloodstained series isn't canon at all, but it's still amazing anyway.

Maybe they'll make a sequel or more Classicvanias in the series later, but keep them contained in their own "timeline" separate from the Metroidvanias?

Curse of the Moon is too good to be just considered a "spin off" in my opinion, but regardless of what they want to call it, I know I absolutely love it for what it is.

Also, can we get an option for Curse of the Moon in the favorite/liked games list in our account profile?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 12:41:42 PM by OSM »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #3367 on: May 30, 2018, 03:45:11 PM »
Got my ps4 code yesterday, gave it a run before i go for sleep, took me less than two hours to finish it on first run. A very nice game overall, but the music isn't close enough to castlevania spirit, other than that, it's a very solid game, only one complain from me, who came up with the idea on the final stage?
(click to show/hide)
It really was annoying.
I really feel like the game's quality drops off in the final few stages. Which is unfortunate cuz the game leading up to it is so good.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3368 on: May 30, 2018, 06:33:51 PM »
I'll load my PS4 code next week. Then give this game a spin.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3369 on: May 31, 2018, 01:59:28 AM »
Just got it on pc today.
I only played it briefly, but what I played was deliciously classicvania.
I hope they make more of these, too.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #3370 on: June 01, 2018, 05:27:53 AM »
And I got the long awaited Kickstarter PS Vita code today and unlocked all PSN trophies. The PS Vita rendition is as awesome as on the superior PC-Steam hardware, there're some minor Fps drops in the first vertical "auto" scroll scene in Stage 8 with those worm things involving, which is the thing i didn't notice it was in PC-Steam version, but they are not significantly dangerous threat for the overall fluent and crisp retrospective adventure.
At this point I must admit that I love this game, and can't wait Ritual of the Night!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:23:17 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3371 on: June 02, 2018, 02:13:30 AM »

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3372 on: June 02, 2018, 03:16:16 PM »
2nd demo coming on da 21st of june!!!!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/2196639

wow so its the ship through the village and entrance of the castle.  can be another clever marketing boost before the full game releases.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #3373 on: June 02, 2018, 06:27:30 PM »
You know those hyper catgirl-looking enemies that try to meteor crash into you as soon as you aggro them and rub their butts afterwards?

What if I turned Miriam into one of those?

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3374 on: June 02, 2018, 08:13:02 PM »
You know those hyper catgirl-looking enemies that try to meteor crash into you as soon as you aggro them and rub their butts afterwards?

What if I turned Miriam into one of those?

come to think of it, it would be interesting if Miriam can get abilities that transforms her into different things, just like Shanoa could turn into a werebat and stuff.

there's projectile abilities, familiars, transformations would be cool too.   haha, that would be interesting if Miriam could transform into Bloodless. PC gamers could easily make her into a playable skin, and they are around the same height.

the castle must be massive though, it could be interesting how the next demo could present the village's scale, and what is between the village and the castle entrance.

Tags:

anything