Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: People messing with the respect points  (Read 28751 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: People messing with the respect points
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2013, 02:05:58 AM »
Most of us then hovered around mid teens to early and mid 20s, so yeah, we've mellowed, mostly within the past six or seven years. This was 2000-2001 when we infested the place like a gang of thugs, which was eons ago in Internet years.

It was all for laughs, though. I think we drove one mod to the brink of suicide we ripped on him so much and must have stressed him out with our shenanigans. He looked like Chevy Chase and idolized Hide.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2013, 03:21:01 AM »
Hah, good ol' PJK.
PJK tried to rule with an iron fist.

At around that time, Kurt made me mod.  I kept telling PJK to calm down, 'cuz he went and deleted entire threads, banned people with no warning (there was no warning system - there was no rules thread! No one knew the rules as they were just 'guidelines' picked up from the internet), and would ban you if you even questioned him.

So he pretty much was countered by the more colorful board members at every corner.  New accounts would be created, as well as duplicate accounts, and proxy servers were set up just to get around him, from what I recall.  I've heard rumors about how one person would use someone else's account to throw the IP filter off, then would complain about how they were banned without reason (whey they pretty much just shared accounts just to troll).

Now that there's a rules system in place, everyone has to abide by those rules.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2013, 03:31:51 AM »
Wow... that's some story!
I wonder how much I would have lasted there, given I am so sensitive to everything...
But I really like the people here  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2013, 03:47:59 AM »
+2
It's OK, for even freak-kun is a delicate rose petal of a man now.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2013, 05:00:00 AM »
Oh, I was very sensitive then, but it was mixed with this weird hormonal depressive aggression that made everything about life one big shit-stained joke that made ya laugh and cry at once, so I was not without my problems and frailty. We actually had a "Personal Problems" thread, probably started by me where we all kinda banded together in an oddly sweet manner to relate all the shit we'd been dealing with and helping each other through. Guess it's why ICVD still even exists, because at one point we established that "the Dungeon is family." So it wasn't all chaos and filthy poopsex jokes, but it was mostly that.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2013, 06:18:25 AM »
I would visit the Castlevania dungeon site frequently back in those days. I wasn't interested in the forum at that time, and I'm kinda glad I stayed out of it as I probably would have gotten myself in trouble with my teenage agnst.

That was back in the days of AOL, chat rooms and punters. Good times. The Internet was chaos back then.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2013, 07:48:55 AM »
I miss those zillions of GeoCities Castlevania sites that had an obligatory, automatically-playing MIDI of bloody tears or Dracula's Castle.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2013, 08:07:51 AM »
I think Mr. P is still rocking that style. Of course, Adblock probably prevents it from playing  8)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2013, 09:30:05 AM »
I never really liked GeoCities CV websites. Not for the websites themselves but because GeoCities itself was really buggy and made going through those websites a pain. It's a little better now but back then it was retarded.

I think Mr. P is still rocking that style. Of course, Adblock probably prevents it from playing  8)

I still drop in on that webpage from time to time as it has some things that other CV sites don't :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2013, 09:44:04 AM »
P's place is probably the most extensive single CV site. Or at least was for a long time. Don't know how frequently he has updated. And of course CV Wikis have sprung up.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2013, 02:21:51 PM »
+1
Like the new system better. ;)

Only thing I would change is the ability to see who upvoted or downvoted you which I have been opposed to from the get go.

People will still call people out over the "downvoting" even though it does not reflect in their point system anymore.

But other than that, a step in the right direction at curbing some of the people who get butthurt over this kind of thing. :P

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2013, 03:38:19 PM »
Most people don't know that Mr P not only has a CV site, but a long abandoned Mega Man site.
http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/mega.htm

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2013, 04:08:25 PM »
Last updated in 2002?! holyyyyyy shit

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2013, 06:07:57 PM »
I never really liked GeoCities CV websites. Not for the websites themselves but because GeoCities itself was really buggy and made going through those websites a pain. It's a little better now but back then it was retarded.

I still drop in on that webpage from time to time as it has some things that other CV sites don't :)

There's a reason the nickname "GeoShitties" rings so well. What do you mean better now though? Last I heard a few years ago Yahoo shut down geocities entirely so that now such pages only exist in archives.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2013, 09:10:39 PM »
It still exists in Japan.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything