Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New AVGN episode + James & Mike Play  (Read 6177 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« on: July 16, 2013, 04:40:20 PM »
+2
New AVGN episode (not so new now):

AVGN: Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure NES Review

and some of the funniest James & Mike Play (if you didnt liked this series before, give it another chance because its really cool)

Pilotwings 64 (Nintendo 64) James & Mike Play
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 07:39:58 PM »
They definitely had fun doing Pilotwings 64.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 03:49:37 PM »
Yes, the cannon part is hilarious xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 06:05:38 PM »
+1
Atari (Part 3) "2600 Classics Continued" - James & Mike Play

And here you can hear the music from the Ikari Warriors' episode (even buy it if you want to donate) with lyrics:
http://cinemassacre.com/2013/07/25/where-did-their-hair-go-kyle-justin/

Oh ans sorry for double-posting, but its the only way to let you guys know that there is something new in this thread, otherwise I would have edited like I always do.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 07:11:16 PM »
Double Dare (NES)

Its out now, (like 1 minute ago) and doesnt have shows on his youtube channel yet.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 11:51:30 PM »
Damn that Kaboom part and basically all atari episode made me think how creepy Atari games were. Creepy in their shittiness.
It's like, the game is utter s**t but you gotta keep on playing. It's hypnotic. Like pong.

Eisenfunk - Pong
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 09:56:45 AM »
Damn that Kaboom part and basically all atari episode made me think how creepy Atari games were. Creepy in their shittiness. It's like, the game is utter s**t but you gotta keep on playing. It's hypnotic. Like pong.

There are a lot of good Atari games you just have to be in the right "beat my best high score" mindset for most of them. Even for the ones you can technically win like Haunted House (Play a flash translation of that game here -> http://my.ign.com/atari/haunted-house ) which can be really challenging on the higher difficulty levels.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 07:29:29 PM »
New James and Mike Play from today:
King of the Monsters 2 (Neo-Geo)

That strange moment when I discover that King of Monsters isnt a fighting game... o.O
Since I've only played the beggining, that is news to me.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:39:46 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 01:18:01 PM »
New James and Mike Play from today:
King of the Monsters 2 (Neo-Geo)

That strange moment when I discover that King of Monsters isnt a fighting game... o.O
Since I've only played the beggining, that is news to me.

You should play it, it's pretty fun. Especially the second one.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 07:49:11 PM »
+1
AVGN: Tiger Electronic Games

Im expecting Simon's Quest to appear in this video, lets see if it will.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ratty

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 08:22:34 PM »
Ahh Tiger handhelds. I had a few of them as a kid, some were even good. One I remember as being especially well made was "Raptor Island", would like to play that one again one of these days. But yeah, most of them were utter garbage. Haha I remember wanting one of those wristwatch games sooo bad as a kid, I wonder if and how badly I would have been disappointed. I'm sure it must all seem unfathomably barbaric to kids who have grown up with smartphones, not that your average angry birds clone is much more sophisticated gameplay-wise. I still remember discussing with the other kids on the playground which of us would and which of us would not have cell phones when we grew up, since they were still largely seen as an expensive businessman's luxury at the time.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:31:18 PM by Ratty »

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 09:40:11 PM »
Ohhhh man. I remember having at least 3 or 4 of those Tiger handhelds. Those things really were bad, but due to nostalgia reasons, I'd like to have all of the ones I had as a kid.  :P

I know for sure I had an X-Men, Power Rangers, and Batman one...and I remember also having a purple and green Tiger handheld, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. Ever since I watched that AVGN video earlier, it's been driving me crazy trying to figure out what that purple and green Tiger handheld was. Maybe my memory is just fooling me, cause I can't find it. I'm going to continue Googling though.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 10:05:43 PM »
I had the Sonic 3 one. They really were bad, but hey, when I was in kindergarten/first grade, you were among the kings of the playground if you had one.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 03:26:23 AM »
I had a Tiger handheld of Heavy Barrel. Heh, after watching this thing, now I realize it was actually one of the more playable ones.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Beaumont_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Haunted Pixels
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2013, 03:48:56 AM »
I had a few of those Tiger handhelds. I know I had a Power Rangers one for sure, and had one of Konami's Ninja Turtles ones. It's kind of amazing how something so lame was something so coveted.
He's back! The man behind the mask!

anything