Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 982519 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #690 on: May 11, 2015, 01:38:11 PM »
Founded a few minutes ago.

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #691 on: May 11, 2015, 01:38:51 PM »
+1
It reached it's goal guys!!! Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is happening!!!! I am super excited!!  ;D ;D

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #692 on: May 11, 2015, 01:43:19 PM »
+1
キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!

Offline Somanyte

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #693 on: May 11, 2015, 01:46:04 PM »
wow, that was fast. I wonder if they'll add more goals. $850k seems a bit short...

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #694 on: May 11, 2015, 01:47:46 PM »
+1
I am super happy about this and quite excited.

And it makes me too excited, actually. Like, what if this gets its own franchise? A "Bloodstained" franchise? Are we going to remain the Castlevania Dungeon if CV dies out? Are we going to reform into the Bloodstained Dungeon?! WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN?!
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #695 on: May 11, 2015, 01:49:40 PM »
+5

And it makes me too excited, actually. Like, what if this gets its own franchise? A "Bloodstained" franchise? Are we going to remain the Castlevania Dungeon if CV dies out? Are we going to reform into the Bloodstained Dungeon?! WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN?!

Bloodstained Dungeon, has a nice ring to it.

Offline deadsanto123

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #696 on: May 11, 2015, 01:51:47 PM »
+2
Funded!

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #697 on: May 11, 2015, 01:52:29 PM »
+1
Congrats IGA! I bet if they keep going we'll hit all the goals up to Nightmare mode tonight.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #698 on: May 11, 2015, 01:53:27 PM »
It's happening... It's actually happening...

I guess it's time to open a KS account.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #699 on: May 11, 2015, 01:55:48 PM »
+3

I wouldn't say it needs to change, but if we get a new IGAVANIA franchise out of this, it might be nice to have a sub-forum dedicated to it.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #700 on: May 11, 2015, 01:58:13 PM »
+1
I wanna try to make a Miriam sprite so we can fit her into the forum banner.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #701 on: May 11, 2015, 02:01:04 PM »
Can't say I'm impressed by the artwork, the designs look kind of childish to me.   

Watch Syd Valis gameplay. or Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds.  now that's childish.   ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l6om71Lhqw

2'5D Is not really justified, as I see it. I think IGA should have been more confident about the founding, and take the pixel route from the start. 

for an action/adventure/platformer, if it was 2D, it would cost a lot more and a lot of the concepts probably wouldn't get off the ground.   Considering the major companies are now in 2.5D instead of 2D for their AAA budget projects,
shows that 2D is too risky to do right these days, especially if you wanna make a SOTN deep game.

SNKP themselves have seen how wasteful and costly 2D can be these days.  look how lackluster KOFXII was
compared to its predecessors, despite its high quality 2D pixel art, it's quality was lacking necessary quantity to
feel like a complete KOF game.
  KOFXIII project suffered from some cuts as well, some of their characters only appearing in cutscenes or trophy sprites. 

if it was pure 2D, people would complain it looks too flat or too clean or too pixelated. 

and the amount of work on 2d animations costs more than 2.5D animations, which means 2D game could
wind up having less animations than 2.5D games (look at Street Fighter 4 compared to SF2 and SF3, there is
a lot more detail and depth to SF4's animations and facial animations and effects. SF3 looks smooth, but it still looks grainy and cheap compared to SF4.

plus adding things like costumes to a 2D game? 

that's more doable in 2.5D where you can reskin a model.
Whereas for 2D you would have to redraw EVERY SINGLE FRAME. )

At this point I'm backing this for sure, but I hope this designs grow on me somehow, or get some more mature approach at some point. OoE was the perfect blend of manga and a more realistic, westen style, both in character proportions and clothes design without all this "Sakura Cardcaptor" stuff all over it.

I dunno Sakura Cardcaptor is a stretch of a comparison.   this art style definitely looks more mature and dark than say,
Borderlands which looks totally goofy and cartoony despite being full 3D.  or Donkey Kong country. 

I would say Bloodstained doesn't look any less realistic/manga than PoR or OoE.   we only seen one background, and
aside from the bright floor and ceiling, everything else does look moody, maybe there more darker areas, but that
background has a "luxury" style to it in the gothic horror hierarchy.   So this could have more variety of atmospheric
tones based on the location. 

It definitely looks more dark and mature than Touhou.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 02:04:09 PM by affinity »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #702 on: May 11, 2015, 02:07:46 PM »
+1

That is exactly what IGA said. He wants this a franchise to take over the IGAVania type of game.

You know what else, the main character has a whipsword. Ha!

And if you read the Polygon interview, IGA had that idea first which later became the Combat Cross for LOS and Lords of Shadow was the original name for the 3D SOTN 2 project that was originally for the PS3!

IGA wants to make a Zelda game?!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 02:12:10 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #703 on: May 11, 2015, 02:16:42 PM »
Why does no one but Vanillaware know how to do high quality 2D on a budget?

Anyway, hopefully this works and creates something at least on the 'fun' level of the GBA and DS CVs or else it's truly over. This is the last hope.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #704 on: May 11, 2015, 02:17:09 PM »
And if you read the Polygon interview, IGA had that idea first which later became the Combat Cross for LOS and Lords of Shadow was the original name for the 3D SOTN 2 project that was originally for the PS3!
That's...

Uh.

What. Wow.

Tags: