Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bloodstained (fun questions)  (Read 2008 times)

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: August 14, 2017, 07:34:39 PM »
I saw these questions over on the Bloodstained Facebook page and thought they were interesting, so I decided to post them here if anyone cares to answer:

What is an enemy from any Castlevania game (not a boss) that you want/wanted in Bloodstained?

- I'm not really sure with this one.  Off the top of my head I can't think of any I cared that much about.  Yorick was a funny one.

What is a weapon from any Castlevania game, any movie, or any series you want to see return (or make a tribute) in Bloodstained?

- I think what they do with whips is what matters to me.  It seems like (in games in general) whips are rarely competitive in the "usefulness" category.  You get something like an ice whip that does minimal damage but will freeze enemies when their HP is depleted.  I like that it's a whip, and that it freezes enemies, but when it deals something like 5 damage it doesn't really help me defeat anything. :-P  Maybe they do this because a real sword is gonna hurt more than a real whip (maybe?) but this is a game, it doesn't have to match reality!

If anyone has similar type questions, I guess feel free to throw them in here!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 11:03:24 AM »
What is a weapon from any Castlevania game, any movie, or any series you want to see return (or make a tribute) in Bloodstained?

- I think what they do with whips is what matters to me.  It seems like (in games in general) whips are rarely competitive in the "usefulness" category.  You get something like an ice whip that does minimal damage but will freeze enemies when their HP is depleted.  I like that it's a whip, and that it freezes enemies, but when it deals something like 5 damage it doesn't really help me defeat anything. :-P  Maybe they do this because a real sword is gonna hurt more than a real whip (maybe?) but this is a game, it doesn't have to match reality!

Exactly! It's not reality. And personally I'd rather see whips in Bloodstained get the upper treatment as opposed to the typical arsenal such as swords and other assorted weapons.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: