Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Music in Other Konami Games  (Read 2934 times)

Offline CastlevaniaFan1981

• Awards
Castlevania Music in Other Konami Games
« on: May 21, 2009, 05:13:56 PM »
Hi,

I haven't posted here for a while, so I want to start things off by asking all you Castlevania fans this:

What other Konami properties used songs from the Castlevania franchise? For example, I know the game Contra: Hard Corps uses the "Deja Vu" song (from Castlevania 1, known in Japan as Vampire Killer) in one of its stages.

Another, the Japan-only Wai Wai World 2, not only uses the Castlevania: Haunted Castle song "Bloody Tears" in one of its stages, but that stage bearing that song is also inspired by a Castlevania stage.

~Ben

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania Music in Other Konami Games
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 01:56:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure that in Evolution Skateboarding it plays CV music in the Simon Belmont stages but I don't remember what it is...
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 07:16:28 PM »
In Reply To #2

skateboardin... Simon Belmont?... what?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 09:04:45 AM »
Yeah he's right.
You can skate as Simon Belmont on a Castle setting in one of the Konami skating games.

And, as he said also, in Contra: Hard Corps you fight a robotic Simon Belmont while a techno version of Vampire Killer plays.

I know you can play as Kid Dracula in Gokujou Parodius and he's got the Kid Dracula music to his intro.

You can also find Simon Belmont in one of the houses in one of the japanese Mystical Ninja (Goemon games).

Vampire Killer is the start-up intro music to one of the stages in Sexy Parodius, in a castle setting.  The boss of that stage is a giant sexy Medusa, and in that boss battle the intro to it is CV1's own "Poison Mind".

There are quite a few others.  They're detailed in the Castlevania Dungeon site under Weirdness.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 03:46:06 AM »
I know this isn't Castlevania music or a Konami game (it was developed and published by Natsume), but has anyone played Shadow of the Ninja for the NES? A handful of songs seem highly derivative of Castlevania. Level 5-1 sounds like they took Beginning, shortened it, and altered it just enough. But there's no friggin' way that it could've come from anything else...at least nothing I've heard.

Then again, I'm sure it's at least partially inspired by Castlevania gameplay-wise, too. It almost plays like a CV/Ninja Gaiden hybrid. Pretty fun, too.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 08:44:35 PM »
Raiden III has that remix of Vampire Killer in the second stage.   :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaTIhEvC968  (2:57)

Tags: