Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Music you've been digging lately  (Read 273190 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 08:47:04 PM »
Juno, sir. Good to see you still lurk about.

I've been digging this song by NIN, which is the theme for Tetsuo: The Bullet Man played during the end credits. Looking forward to this film even more now; Tetsuo: The Iron Man is one of my absolute favorite films, and Tetsuo II: Body Hammer is pretty darn cool as well.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 06:25:58 AM »

I'm currently digging the new Band of Horses album, and also the new album by canadian band Broken Social Scene.
Btw, are people using Spotify here, or is it a european thing only?

Juno106

Re: Music you've been digging lately
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 10:06:47 AM »
Looks like Spotify, which I never heard of before, is for some Europeen countries only.

What exactly does it do?

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 02:26:31 AM »
Just bought A Natural Death by Horse the Band and I love it. I had heard a small handful of their songs before, and surprisingly enjoyed it. With the exception of the filler tracks, this entire album is very enjoyable. I think I'll be buying more of their stuff.  :D
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 07:29:31 PM »
Looks like Spotify, which I never heard of before, is for some Europeen countries only.

What exactly does it do?

Spotify let's you instantly stream music for free. The library of available music is very impressive. From the biggest mainstream artists to small and obscure ones. There are commercial breaks sometimes, but nothing too bad. Also, for a small fee you can get rid of the ads. I think they're launching Spotify in the US soon. There's a Spotify app for iPhone too. I like it a lot.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 01:16:49 AM »
I don't stream music unless you count watching music videos on YouTube. I just listen to my AAC rips of the CDs I buy.

Lately I've been digging the first Cowboy Bebop OST, and just ordered the second and third, as well as the soundtrack for Tetsuo: The Bullet Man. I love the first two Tetsuo films, and their music by Chu Ishikawa. Well, the third film (which I'm definitely looking forward to) also features tunes by Chu, as well as an end credits theme by Nine Inch Nails. It's freaking awesome. I hadn't even known NIN was going to be providing a song, so it came as a surprise when the song was released a couple weeks ago.

Oh, and I've kind of slowly been getting back into metal and playing some Nasum lately. Awesome grindcore. Which puts me on a mini-rant: I hate how "fauxcore," as I call it, is so popular these days. It has nothing to do with real hardcore music, has no musical ties to punk whatsoever—the terms "hardcore," "emo," "screamo," "post-hardcore," etc. have all been hijacked by these shitty bands made my moronic teens and twerps in their early 20s who wear girl jeans and style their hair real obnoxiously.

I hate these bands so much. Even the term "metalcore" has been hijacked; current metalcore bands, or most of 'em at least (maybe there still are real metalcore bands about), sound nothing like the punk-and-metal-fused real metalcore bands like Botch, Drowningman, early Cave In, and so on. Instead, it sounds like a watered-down version of melodic death metal with really bad breakdowns and Disney Sing Along Song choruses. This garbage just reeks, and it's popular with all the kids, and I hate it.

Anyway, where I'm going with this is: Nasum, an actual "-core" band, shit all over these wimpy bands.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 01:25:36 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 01:02:34 AM »
Songs I'm really feeling right now:

download - message from gort

Prick: "Riverhead"

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Pizza Power

Filter - Consider This http://www.rhapsody.com/player?type=undefined&id=tra.2040458&remote=undefined&page=undefined&pageregion=undefined&guid=undefined&from=undefined&__pcode

Download's "bEll Ringoor" would also be posted if it were available on YooToobz or anywhere else streaming.

The Prick song is from one of my absolute favorite albums, their '95 self-titled. I recommend it with all my being.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2010, 09:36:19 AM »
Halford - The Mower

I've been REALLY loving the new album from Halford, Rob Halford of Judas Priest's solo band. The above song is called "The Mower", and is the heaviest song on the record.

Then there's great empowering songs like this one, "Like There's No Tomorrow".

Robert Halford - Like there`s no tomorrow

Rob is my favorite singer. He has a beautiful midrange voice, and a powerful, amazing high range. He is known for changing his singing style throughout his career with Priest. On the new Made of Metal album, he shows this off by switching between three or four of them. A very colorful voice.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2010, 09:41:05 AM »
I've been listening to some 70's prog like Bacamarte and Goblin.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2010, 11:17:14 AM »
Recently discovered an Alison Krauss tune called Jacob's dream. WARNING! Don't listen to it unless you wanna cry really badly. The song's based on a true story.  :'(

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracgou

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 11:30:26 PM »
right now i am listen to again from  FMA: Brotherhood

Offline Alutwon

• Grand Cross
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2010, 07:30:22 PM »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2010, 01:28:52 AM »
I need more Technotronic and Ya Kid K in my life.

Technotronic Ft Ya Kid K Rockin Over The Beat

Technotronic Feat Ya Kid K - Pump Up The Jam

Hi Tek 3 - Spin That Wheel (original 1989 video)

Ya Kid K Totally Awesome You're My Hero Technotronic VTS_22_1.VOB

And really, just more house, hip-hop, and "hip house" in general.

That they used some model (who couldn't even speak English) in the promotional video for "Pump Up the Jam" just isn't cool.

Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam

I don't find her nearly at all as attractive as seeing Ya Kid K herself MCing the songs.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 01:35:06 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline DragonsAndCarpetBags

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2010, 02:59:35 AM »
Underground and obscure Electronic music. Lots of Italio Disco/Electro stuff lately.

Offline Dracgou

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2010, 04:30:00 AM »

listing to Splatterhouse 2 and 3 tracks

Splatterhouse2 soundtrack - The final fight

splatterhouse 2  final fight

Splatter House 3 Stage6:The mask Boss music

battle with the terror mask

Splatterhouse 3 Music (Sega Genesis) - Complete OST Part 1

various tracks from part 3

Tags: