Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Help needed for recording gameplay!  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« on: March 15, 2013, 03:11:31 PM »
 Noob question (well, Im a newbie in this area after all):

Whats the best programs to record gameplays and how to record without lags? I know that some people here already recorded some videos, so what programs did you guys use? Fraps? Hypercam? VHS recorders? lol

Please answer this fast, I plan to record a video to tomorrow and start it today if possible. I've tried Fraps but it lags (lag the game) on MAME and Epsxe (I will try Emurayden, but it have some minor gfx glitches with some enemies death animations and the moon in Olrox area) but No$gba runs almost perfect. Hypercam 3 doesnt lags anything, but the footage recorded come with lags (I play the game normally but when I go watch the video it have lags, no its not because of my player, 100% sure about that).

Its for my "personal challenges" videos that I want to share with you guys, no I will not speak in the video, its not a Lets Play (I cant speak English very well, I can only write, read and understand, my pronounce is very bad.)
 I plan to start with SOTN and maybe try some other games after, Im not good in video editing to do cool effects and things like that but I atleast want to record a normal footage without lags, a lot of missing frames or slowdownsto to share here.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:19:02 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 06:12:44 PM »
Fraps has always been pretty good for me. The thing you need to keep in mind is video recording isn't a small process, its very resource taxing. I honestly haven't used much else, or really needed to. I don't take videos too often.

However!

I do have to produce a trailer for my company's first game soon, so I may have a better answer for you once I've done that.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 06:25:36 PM »
Thanks uzo, maybe the problem is my mom PC doesnt being powerful enough for that. I expect to be wrong though :(

I will share my specs:
Processor: Intel Pentium CPU P6200 (Dual Core 2.13GHz)
RAM: 2GB
Video: Intel HD Graphics (763MB)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 12:46:43 AM »
 I'm way behind I kind of wanted to be a let's player and such I only made a couple of video off of a dazzler which sucks. I returned it due to the fact that afterwards it one, never uploaded after these two videos, and two skipped so many times that eventually at one point it just showed nothing but a bunch of messed up colors    :'(  Aww man I had so much planned I had a sheet and everything zelda metroid you name it.

Super Castlevania IV Intro (my first video)

castlevania gba test
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:50:20 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 06:38:24 AM »
Bamdicam is the best Video Recorder. i have some experience with video recording.if you want i could send them to you via PM

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 08:25:07 AM »
Hey thanks, I accept your offer, send it to me please.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 11:12:22 AM »
What ever you do not get the dazzle that's all what I have to say.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 11:21:31 AM »
Dazzle? Its a program? I tested Bandicam and its much better than Fraps in "specs" area. Neo, you should really try it too, atleast the free version with watermark, I think that it will record perfectly your gameplays. I dont plan to upload anything with watermark, but its good to test until I find a way to get a full version.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 11:30:59 AM »

I have never used fraps  and  I want to be up to date but something tells me I cannot do that.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:34:51 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 11:35:37 AM »
Try Bandicam, if you like it and it works to you I will share a full version if I find one.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 11:47:18 AM »
I still need a capture card device right? I think I really need to revise my plan for doing this.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 11:58:15 AM »
You only need a capture card if you are going to capture the footage from your TV. Im using emulators, so I use this program to capture what is appearing on my screen.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

anything