Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Shin Dracula X Concept Screenshots  (Read 175 times)

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« on: March 15, 2024, 11:13:07 PM »
Does anyone remember those tiny, possibly fake, screenshot of "Shin Dracula X"?
I used Bing AI to generate some assets that I then proceeded to edit, section and combine in PS to create something somewhat inspired by that long time forgotten hoax.
These are not AI generated screenshot, most elements have been individually prompted and edited to be put together (for instance the whip was made editing and combining together 3 different prompts, for the chain, spiked ball tip and fire effects.) I'm specifying this just because people seems to think all you can do with AI is to write a prompt and get the job done and hating on a, i think, useful tool for a wide range of artists and professionals. Prompting all the elements took maybe one hour and half, most of the work was PS editing, cutting etc for each element and combining them to create a somewhat believable 16bit/32bit lost Dracula game. I think these tools are  potentially very useful for independent developers, and i wouldnt mind helping out on a doujin game with creating and editing assets as well as creating concept screenshot if anyone here ever needed to. Anyway, hope you may enjoy and let me know your thoughts

« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 11:19:49 PM by whipsmemory »

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 03:16:50 PM »
A tool for bolstering one's efforts; this is AI done right. 

Lazy about it: prompt and done. 

Intentional about it: prompt and build.

This tech came out relatively a few hours ago at the moment of this reply, so it'll be a bit until the concerned and the critics realize all the opportunity they're leaving on the table.

As for Shin Dracula X, hell yeah, it fired the imagination of many a CV fan back when.  Those Gradius-style prominences as Richter lept from one bit of a broken bridge to another, what the fuck was going on here?!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 03:18:52 PM by Eric Roman »

Tags: