Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Things to add to the forum  (Read 8795 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2014, 04:16:48 PM »
I think we could use a lot more emoticons then what we currently have. It's just too limited right now and you can only use the current one so much before realizing this limitation. I can't recall all the times that I wanted to add an emoticon to help express what I've been saying and not seeing the right one in the list. We need more variety.

I remember I was in the process of making CV-themed emotes for the Anti-Chapel waaaay back (they sucked but still). I could always pick that back up.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2014, 05:49:08 AM »
This is a thread about things they should add to the forum, such as post options, THREAD OPTIONS(ahem), personalizing, etc.
And I'll kick it off with...

- You should be able to ban people from a public thread
- Making private threads
- And being able to add a custom theme to a certain thread.

Yep. I suggested that ban idea earlier. You should be able to have some control over the threads you created. I think making it so you can hide your thread from individual members would save a lot of headaches from trolling, harassment, etc.

There should be a 3D-only Castlevania section of the forum for people that are working on Castlevanina stuff games, models, etc. only in 3D.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2014, 10:39:13 AM »

Yep. I suggested that ban idea earlier. You should be able to have some control over the threads you created. I think making it so you can hide your thread from individual members would save a lot of headaches from trolling, harassment, etc.

There should be a 3D-only Castlevania section of the forum for people that are working on Castlevanina stuff games, models, etc. only in 3D.

I actually thought of the ban idea during that war in the CVCDC thread.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2014, 10:56:52 AM »
Just thought of another thing to (not so much add) but improve what's already here. The spellchecker. I've been noticing that it's sub par at best. I've recently been spelling words that it can't interpret as it should. So I have to use Google instead. I think the Dungeon could use a far more superior spell checker then what it's currently got.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2014, 05:48:48 PM »

The thing is, it would lead to cliques and "secret wars" between members and all that, which would be a major headache for both the rest of the forum and us mods.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags:

anything