Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Looking  (Read 3611 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: August 09, 2014, 11:05:26 AM »
I'm looking for a Musician for my game, Rockman X9 : Reploid Erase, who can do custom music, in the style of Megaman X2. If you are interested, post a comment here with some examples of your work. I am also looking for a japanese translator, but it isn't completely necessary (I also haven't even written out the dialog yet)
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 11:35:16 PM »
I'm no musician but I do find that the first MMX had the best score out of the all the SNES titles made. X2 had some good tracks but not nearly as many. There's just something very classic (and classy) about MMX's music ya know?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 08:23:32 AM »
I'm no musician but I do find that the first MMX had the best score out of the all the SNES titles made. X2 had some good tracks but not nearly as many. There's just something very classic (and classy) about MMX's music ya know?

Yes, and that's the type of sound I want the musician to replicate.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 11:47:14 AM »
Yes, and that's the type of sound I want the musician to replicate.

I'm looking for a Musician for my game, Rockman X9 : Reploid Erase, who can do custom music, in the style of Megaman X2.

You know X was referring to the sound style of X1, right?

Actually, I'm inclined to agree with him. X2 and X3 had some good tracks, and the style's nice and crisp and clean, but they sounded like generic CPS2 fighter samples. X1, on the other hand, despite having a more limited instrument choice, was much more unique and stylized, and ultimately afforded more memorable songs. Case in point, what's more well-loved, Storm Eagle or Overdrive Ostrich?

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 12:21:29 PM »
You know X was referring to the sound style of X1, right?

Actually, I'm inclined to agree with him. X2 and X3 had some good tracks, and the style's nice and crisp and clean, but they sounded like generic CPS2 fighter samples. X1, on the other hand, despite having a more limited instrument choice, was much more unique and stylized, and ultimately afforded more memorable songs. Case in point, what's more well-loved, Storm Eagle or Overdrive Ostrich?

Storm eagle's. But I remember more tracks from X2 than X1. Maybe if someone could mix the guitars/symbals of X2 and the drums/orchestra hits (?) of X1, it  would sound good? I dunno tho.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 12:25:13 PM »
It can sound good if done well, but the two are so different in sound style that more often than not it's jarring and clashes horribly. I wouldn't recommend it unless you practice with the two first (or find someone who's good already at it). On that note, why not go see if DjKlzonez or MastahGambit would want to help you? I've known those two for years, and they're both seasoned veterans of the X123 soundsets.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 01:11:41 PM »
It can sound good if done well, but the two are so different in sound style that more often than not it's jarring and clashes horribly. I wouldn't recommend it unless you practice with the two first (or find someone who's good already at it). On that note, why not go see if DjKlzonez or MastahGambit would want to help you? I've known those two for years, and they're both seasoned veterans of the X123 soundsets.

Imma scatman

http://youtu.be/ACNBIVa4pfo?list=UUt4an2QwOB3jFv2CphnJngg

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 01:14:36 PM »
Ha, looks like I wasn't the only one to do that. Figures Klzonez beat me to it.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 01:22:54 PM »
Ha, looks like I wasn't the only one to do that. Figures Klzonez beat me to it.

How should I contact Dj? I can't find MastahGambit.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 01:30:49 PM »
I think Gambit changed his user, but I forget what to.

You know YouTube has a messaging function, right? They haven't nixed it completely just yet.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 01:38:11 PM »
Although I'm extremely fond of the Synth used in X1, I'm fond of the melodies in X3.

So I love Storm Eagle's stage, but I also love Gravity Beetle's.
X2, to me, is the most generic-sounding out of the three.  That does not mean it doesn't have its gems (Crystal Snail, X-Hunter Stages, and Wheel Gator), but most are kinda generic in their instrumentation.

EDIT: To people who are interested in the Youtube Messaging, it's still available, just a pain in the ass to reach and no longer notifies you:

-Go to Video Manag---errr--- "Creator Studio"
-Go on the left and look for "Community"
-Go to Inbox
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:39:53 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: