Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: These dreams I've been having...  (Read 3476 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: June 08, 2015, 12:09:28 AM »
For the past few weeks, I've been having these strange dreams. I don't know what kind of meaning they have, or if they have a meaning at all. But I do know one thing: They ARE related.

The first one I had: I was going over to this girl's house to hang out with some friends. Everything was completely normal. I get there: I see her, and I look at her, and I'm attracted immediately. Although my tastes say otherwise, she is beautiful to me. She has short, brown, kinda messy looking hair, a small, pointy nose, blue-ish grey eyes, and a round face. Very slender body, and she wears loose clothing. I'm just so attracted to her. And then everything stops. I'm completely conscious, but can't move. And I want to interact with her so bad, so bad I start screaming. The first dream ends.

Second dream: A fair sized timeskip in-between. We're now close friends, I come over to her house sometimes, we go hang out at the movies, the park, etc. Then I come over to her house one night. Since the living room is being used by adults, we go to her room to watch a movie. The movie starts getting scary (vary scary), so she grabs hold of my arm. Slowly, I put my arm around her. The movie ends, and i stat heading home. She stops me before I go out of her room. She grabs me, and looks me in the eyes. She pulls me in, and I move closer. Our lips meet. The dream ends.

Third dream: Another large timeskip. We're both older, and we're going out now. It's been about 4 years since the last dream (altho in reality, 1 day), so we're obviously taller, and our hair is longer, my voice is deeper, etc. Movies seem to be our thing, since we watch one together in both of these dreams. In this one, she is in a different house (same area tho), which seems to be alot more comfy than the older one. It is also right along the coast of Gulf Shores, where we walk together every other weekend. We get in my car, which is a cheap Ford thing, and we start driving. The dream ends.

Fourth dream: About the gap of a year. I moved away for about 11 months. The months were very depressing, as I was not with her. My mom tells me that we're moving back in a couple of weeks. I get extremely excited. I'm finally going to see her again. I blink, and we're there, in our old house too. As soon as we're in the door, I'm out. I drive to her house immediately. I get there, and knock on her door. She answers. I get overexcited, and I run towards her, and hug her. She isn't as welcoming as I thought she'd be. She pushes at me, and looks at me with kind of a sad face. I look deep into her eyes, and collapse at the concrete steps. I start sobbing uncontrollably. The dream ends.

Fifth Dream: I'm in a endless, white hallway. No doors, no bumps; everything is blank. I look one way: Nothing. I look the other: I see her, standing there, naked, but no parts. she urges me towards her. I start moving to her. She runs away from me. I get confused. She looks at me and says: "Help me, Please!" I start sprinting towards her, but she keeps running from me. I know she is not running towards something, but away from me. I start crying, but not much. She starts screaming, as if she is in pain. But she won't stop running from me. Then, she just stops. I stop too. She then turns around, looks at me, and starts walking towards me. The dream ends.

That's all for now, but I'll keep you guys updated on future dreams.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 12:09:48 AM »
reserved for future space
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 09:57:34 AM »
Wow... That's quite involved for a dream. Have you tried to sit down and analyze these dreams? This is something you might want to do. Take the dream apart piece by piece. Analyze everything about it; the girl, the environment, the dates and times, everything. The final dream you've had sounds more segregated and isolated then the other dreams before it. Also how real were these dreams? Because there is a difference between a dream and astral traveling.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 10:13:14 AM »
Wow... That's quite involved for a dream. Have you tried to sit down and analyze these dreams? This is something you might want to do. Take the dream apart piece by piece. Analyze everything about it; the girl, the environment, the dates and times, everything. The final dream you've had sounds more segregated and isolated then the other dreams before it. Also how real were these dreams? Because there is a difference between a dream and astral traveling.

They were extremely real... I could feel everything. I remember the way her house smelled, the way the popcorn tasted. Everything. But it was me, for sure, because I looked same is I do now, and she said my name, and talked to me. I've tried analyzing it, but it's hard to. Some people told me that it's sensory deprivation, but I'm not sure.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 10:25:51 AM »
Some people told me that it's sensory deprivation, but I'm not sure.

I highly doubt this. To me it sounds more like you went astral traveling. Especially if this dream you had is as real as it was for you. Dreams themselves are ofter skewed, ambiguous, constantly changing and sometimes very chaotic that they don't make sense. But unlike a dream, astral travel feels very real, stable, and follows logical patterns that you can easily recognize. But still try and analyze the elements and see what you can come up with.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 01:37:13 AM »
BLOO YOU'RE GONNA DIE WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS

Also dream analyzation is generally a crock from what I've experienced.

You dream about a giant crab in high heels and a Bon Jovi wig chasing you down the Coney Island pier during a football riot? You have unresolved tensions with your father, have a subconscious fixation on skirting danger because crabs walk sideways and sidling a building ledge is dangerous, and will have financial trouble in the future due to a bad investment of your money in someone or something you thought you really loved. What? No, there's no way that completely random combination of wacky shit is actually just a random combination of wacky shit your brain's sorting out, that crab is a harbinger of your future!

Jesus Christ, I'm all for the potential unknown aspects and abilities of the human mind, but you're a teenager on the cusp of some pretty crazy hormone and mental changes, and you dreamt about an imaginary cute girl you had feelings for in-dream. Where exactly is the mystery?

I also want to note that the ridiculous trend in astral projection and lucid dreaming and whatnot that's been around the last few years is absolutely ludicrous and should not be something to suggest to someone so young. Acute awareness during total body paralysis isn't exactly fun, after all, nor is the likelihood of terrifying imagery, because there is no real typecasting that shit, aside from the shadow people sitting on your chest or otherwise fucking with you.

Why the hell can't a dream just be a jumbled assortment of feelings and thoughts and information? Why does every dream that follows any sort of structure suddenly got to be some new-age omen? By that logic, a weird dream I had when I was like twelve where Raven from Teen Titans and I were together and went on adventures in Hyrule to stop Ganon and a mixmatch of other villains (no I'm not making this up) should be properly analyzed for hidden meanings because it followed a loose plot. Same goes for the extremely odd dream I had last week (spoilered below for your reading pleasure/confusion), and just about any cohesive dream.

Maybe I'm being too much of a skeptic, but on the subject of dream meaning I really am. Hell, I've had a recurring nightmare about a skeleton horse running around in a dead environment, staring at me in silence, and then snapping its skull to scream a noise beyond description at me that wakes me up for about twelve years now. By all the implications in the dream analysis books, I should be dead/in financial or social ruin/severely injured/living in starvation and squalor/other bad thing by now.

But I digress. I can't really outright declare your dreams to be simply that, but given where you are currently in mental development I also can't really buy that it means something more. So, rather than bitch about dream study, I'll post here what I posted in the INC. thread.

(click to show/hide)

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 12:00:18 PM »
Hmm...judging from that first dream, I wonder, Kokushibyo, do you have a crush, or do you want a gf? Such dreams can be evidence of repressed longing.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 12:26:15 PM »
Hmm...judging from that first dream, I wonder, Kokushibyo, do you have a crush, or do you want a gf? Such dreams can be evidence of repressed longing.

Not really. I've had a girlfriend and we just recently broke up. But since then, I really haven't wanted one.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 08:42:29 PM »
Your conscious does not want a GF. Your unconscious craves for one. You are fighting between the 2 halves of yourself.

@D9: Hooray for that insane evil plush mascot pic.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 08:56:38 PM »
It's a perfect answer image.  ;D

But yeah, if you just had a breakup and are dreaming this sorta shit, it's more likely than not your subconscious dealing with it in tandem with hormone fluctuations.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 05:51:34 PM »
What you've described sounds stereotypical of the beginning>end of a first love.

I actually believe the sequence of these dreams is quite significant. Time becomes irrelevant in a sense and you're skipping to different phases of life with this person which could generally take years in real time. So it's almost like in 5 nights the dreams seem to carry years of relationship experience within themselves.

The aspect of movies is quite poetic here I think. It's showing you that if your (love) life was a movie this is how it would play out. By the end of the last dream it sounds like you've seen a version of your romantic life flash before your eyes. I wonder if the girl/woman is either an embodiment of what you desire internally or whether she's a combination of different attributes/ elements from different lovers you may have had or at least had feeling towards.

You've also mentioned being in a house a few times, which can represent one's own spirituality/ core in the 'dreamscape'. Once you'd moved away during those 11 months, she fell out of love with you or it wasn't the same, which is why you were pushed away. The number 11 is also significant in this sense as it denotes two 1's = 2 separate individuals, no longer as one. You specifically say that you collapse on the concrete steps i.e. outside of the house, which could illustrate that you no longer have permission to enter/occupy that spiritual/internal space with her anymore.

The last dream; completely white with no privates to me sounds like it's purely a spiritual thing. In the 4th dream she pushes you away meaning your separated in the physical sense, the final dream is purely spiritual separation i.e. the final (metaphysical) stage of a bond broken between 2 individuals who have loved one another.

If this series of dreams aren't reflective of your actual life it could be astral as a previous poster stated.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD