Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1051709 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #180 on: July 17, 2011, 01:51:03 PM »
+1
Can someone rip or direct me where to get the fish vehicle sprites shown in this video as well as the water effect sprites (or a similar game) that are left by the vehicle?
Contra 4 Walkthrough-Fifth Stage Ocean

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #181 on: July 17, 2011, 01:53:28 PM »
No idea where to get OoE areas, but here's Serio's Richter sprite rip, complete with his whip animation.
thanks

How about Trevor Belmont (PSX) Crouch walking?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 06:34:54 AM by Kamui Zero »

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2011, 07:09:44 AM »
Yeah, it's nicely detailed. And since I know how it reflects stuff, I plan on doing a little "Oh nuts!" moment in a sprite comic I'm working on.

Here's what I did to try out the shield pose for Simon.
**sees attachment**

Nice!  That's looking like a high block frame for like an overhead attack (which looks pretty cool).
For a standard attack and duck attacks, I thought it'd be like this, only because Simon should be able to see over the shield location:

Well, I got a GBA devkit, that I'm learning how to use. Might remake SCV4 on it whenever I finish all my current projects.

Imagine that. A Super Castlevania IV ROM to use for your emulator and/or your actual GBA.

Hm... Which makes me wanna ask, if I were to actually make that ROM, would I be allowed to post it here? Cuz the "Rules" section says no download links to ROMs, but... You know. If I made it...

If the ROM is made from the ground up, then it's a legal public-domain ROM, and you can post it.  Commercial ROMs are not to be posted, however.

Totally Off Topic: how do you add tags to this thread?

You can add tags when you're NOT using Quick Reply.  The Tags field shows up when you reply to a thread, right under the Subject Line.
You can add tags to an entire thread at the bottom if you see an "Add Tag" button next to the existing tags... but only if you have the right permissions (I think only mods and admins can add without replying but I'm not sure).

About how many days did that take you Jorge, it seems like you got a complete sprite sheet done fairly quickly.

It took me, off and on, about two months?  That's when I started working on it.
It all started in this thread.  And that was on May 24th.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:59:02 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2011, 12:12:32 PM »
+1
It took me, off and on, about two months?  That's when I started working on it.
It all started in this thread.  And that was on May 24th.

That's actually pretty fast if you think about it, "me" next?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2011, 06:28:51 PM »
Sure.  I'm looking into it.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2011, 07:08:12 PM »
+1
Sure.  I'm looking into it.
Thanks Jorge! If you need any more ideas or have questions, don't hesitate to hit me up on the PM or e-mail me! I am in the process of putting together and coding an Atlantis stage at the moment for my game. I'll probably put a preview vid of it pretty soon.

Cheers

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #186 on: July 19, 2011, 10:13:21 PM »
You can add tags when you're NOT using Quick Reply.  The Tags field shows up when you reply to a thread, right under the Subject Line.
You can add tags to an entire thread at the bottom if you see an "Add Tag" button next to the existing tags... but only if you have the right permissions (I think only mods and admins can add without replying but I'm not sure).

Can I add tags by modifying my posts?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: July 20, 2011, 10:39:45 AM »
You should be able to do that as well, because you access the Tags fields when you're in that screen.
Let me know if you cannot for some reason.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #188 on: July 20, 2011, 03:45:12 PM »
You should be able to do that as well, because you access the Tags fields when you're in that screen.
Let me know if you cannot for some reason.

Well, I've just tried modifying my posts to add tags, but there are still no tags added even after I saved it.

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2011, 03:01:57 PM »
Well, I used one program to line up the sprites, and then saved each frame so they were the exact same size, and then used gimp to turn the images into gifs, and then used microsoft gif animator and made this.

EDIT

Updated it, now it moves at it's proper speed.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:00:04 PM by Mega Man Model T 101 »
The Legend shall live again....

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2011, 07:12:57 AM »
That looks pretty awesome now that it has a proper whip over it. :)
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2011, 12:45:02 PM »
I used what I think is the Portrait of Ruin Vampire Killer. I just had to rotate one of the whips cause otherwise using it's initial rotation would look odd. In regards to that. I think I'll provide said whip for use.

EDIT

Here it is. I used the coloring from the PSX Symphony of the Night Vampire killer to give it all the frames you could need. Simply because this one didn't have the colored frames, so, here ya go.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 12:59:10 PM by Mega Man Model T 101 »
The Legend shall live again....

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2011, 10:21:48 AM »
Congrats! Looks awesome! :)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #193 on: July 29, 2011, 09:36:13 AM »
Here's a little something I'm gonna be using in my game "Castlevania: The Demon Castle":

It's a redesign of Simon for a hack of CV1 I made years ago called Castlevania Extreme. The only remainder of it left now is an early beta with basically just a remodeled stage one and no BG graphics edited. It's been floating around the interwebs for over a decade. Too bad a hard drive crash killed the 60% finished version of it, oh well. The content from that will be in my GM project.

Anyway this sprite is basically a cross between CV1 & CV2 Simon with a lot of modifications that weren't even implemented in the original ROMhack. Feel free to use it, but make sure to hit me up with a little credit. ^____^
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #194 on: July 29, 2011, 09:40:17 AM »
+1
Hey, Inccubus, you wouldn't mind if I remodeled all my Metroidvania Simon sprites to match your sprite, would you? :3
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games